If Obama was your Governor...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
If Obama was governor of your state, and Congress was the legislative body of your state, and they instituted Obamacare, would that have made it totally acceptable to you...because it was your state forcing you to purchase their state-mandated government healthcare?

And if all 50 states instituted state-mandated healthcare, no problem there either...it's all good, as long as is not a federal government mandate...right?

I mean the result is exactly the same, but, according to Romney, all would be outstanding as long as Obamacare is installed at the state level one state at a time.

Last edited:
Leaving Missouri is always an option.

And with Obamacare, leaving the United States is an option.

For the sake of argument, let's say your state is the last state, because the other 49 states had a Romney as governor, and Romneycare is the law of the land everywhere else...your state is the last bastion of freedom.

If Obama was governor of your state, and Congress was the legislative body of your state, and they instituted Obamacare, would that have made it totally acceptable to you...because it was your state forcing you to purchase their state-mandated government healthcare?

And if all 50 states instituted state-mandated healthcare, no problem there either...it's all good, as long as is not a federal government mandate...right?

I mean the result is exactly the same, but, according to Romney, all would be outstanding as long as Obamacare is installed at the state level one state at a time.

I would campaign for his opponent. I would also campaign against my local State House rep if he or she voted FOR the plan.
I object to ANY type of socialized medicine.

For the sake of argument, let's say your state is the last state, because the other 49 states had a Romney as governor, and Romneycare is the law of the land everywhere else...your state is the last bastion of freedom.

Heh...try it. Your world wide income is taxed by uncle sam. You can't leave...ever...

I would campaign for his opponent. I would also campaign against my local State House rep if he or she voted FOR the plan.

So we can't count on your support when and if ANY type of 'socialized medicine' is proposed.. 10-4.

Yeah, you could move to that other country that doesn't have a national health plan. You know, the one that's not a third world shit hole.

Oh wait...

Get over it. Don't like Romney, don't vote for him. Personally, I'd rather vote for Romney than the three other whackadoodles running.... but that's just me. I have evaluated Romney as being the only candidate - and that includes the messiah on the left - who is capable to driving the economy back onto a stable footing.

I care about jobs. He'll scrap ObamaCare. Get over it.

I'd oppose it for my state. But if some other state wanted to do that, that is their right. The whole point of States rights was to give State some pretty broad discretion at how they want to govern and what laws they want to pass.

The Federal Obamacare is 906 pages.

If the same thing was implemented state by state, it would use up 45,300 pages!!! Now THAT's a waste of paper!

I'd oppose it for my state. But if some other state wanted to do that, that is their right. The whole point of States rights was to give State some pretty broad discretion at how they want to govern and what laws they want to pass.

It was opposed, there were protests and marches in the streets, townhall meetings were packed with frustrated citizens...to no avail...52% of the population wants it, so you are stuck with it.

When it comes to the mandated health plans...it probably will cost an individual at least $500 per month for health insurance...more likely $1,000/month But if they don't sign up, they get fined.

What is the fine? $6,000-12,000?

So we can't count on your support when and if ANY type of 'socialized medicine' is proposed.. 10-4.

Hey rodent, don't be a wise ass. You suck at it.
If you ant to drop the mitts, just say the word.

It was opposed, there were protests and marches in the streets, townhall meetings were packed with frustrated citizens...to no avail...52% of the population wants it, so you are stuck with it.
No...52% of Senators and House members wanted it. I didn't get to vote on it. So what 52% of which people are you referring to?
We're not "stuck" with anything. Obama care will not survive intact.

Forum List

Back