If Newt Gingrich Hasn't Been Actively Engaging In Racist Dog-Whistle Rhetoric

Then why did a Deep Southern White Female perceive Newt to have put Juan Williams "In His Place?"

Newt employs the old Southern Strategy - YouTube

What other than blatant racism could be derived from that statement?

Note: Newt glibly, smugly and smarmingly accepted her thanks. So he KNOWS what he's doing.

Your thoughts.

My thoughts.

You are a racist moron. "Southern White Female" Is clearly a racist statement.
Why do you hate white people so much?
But as others have mentioned you can not defend Obama's policies all you can do is attach any that critiseze him.

Explain what is derogatory in nature about the phrase "Southern White Female"? I agree it refers to Race....but let us remember that Racism implies that the targetted race is somehow "LESS" because of their race.

For Example:
Boy - inferring that a grown black man is not a man, he is a child

In his place - inferring that someone is of a lesser status

Uppity - a term used to infer that someone of a lesser status thinks they are as good as others and that is unacceptable.

So....explain how "Southern White Female" is derogatory......thank you in advance.

ADDED:

Saying "Southern Black Female" isn't racist either.
The implication is, of course, that since she's southern, white (and conservative!), she's automatically racist.

It's just one of those things "everybody knows".

Then why did a Deep Southern White Female perceive Newt to have put Juan Williams "In His Place?"

Note: Newt glibly, smugly and smarmingly accepted her thanks. So he KNOWS what he's doing.

Your thoughts.

My thoughts.

But as others have mentioned you can not defend Obama's policies all you can do is attach any that critiseze him.

Explain what is derogatory in nature about the phrase "Southern White Female"? I agree it refers to Race....but let us remember that Racism implies that the targetted race is somehow "LESS" because of their race.

For Example:

Uppity - a term used to infer that someone of a lesser status thinks they are as good as others and that is unacceptable.

So....explain how "Southern White Female" is derogatory......thank you in advance.

ADDED:

It is how he is using it to attack the woman, and Newt.
There is nothing racist about saying Juan was put in his place. Everyone that isn't lying to themselves knows that Jaun was representing the media and it is the media that Newt was attacking. Newt knows that tactic will go over well with republicans.

My thoughts.

For Example:

ADDED:

The implication is, of course, that since she's southern, white (and conservative!), she's automatically racist.

Wait.

You are saying that:

Southern is a bad word

White is a bad word

Where did you get that impression? Who taught you that?

My thoughts.

For Example:

ADDED:

There is nothing racist about saying Juan was put in his place. Everyone that isn't lying to themselves knows that Jaun was representing the media and it is the media that Newt was attacking. Newt knows that tactic will go over well with republicans.

Wait. Saying someone is a Southern White Woman is an attack? The females on one side of my family are Southern White Women....have I just attacked them?

For Example:

ADDED:

Wait.

You are saying that:

Southern is a bad word

White is a bad word

Where did you get that impression? Who taught you that?
That's not at all what I'm saying, and I expect you well know it.

It's no different from Obama calling his grandmother a "typical white woman". The racism is automatically assumed.

I expect you well know that, too.

For Example:

ADDED:

Wait. Saying someone is a Southern White Woman is an attack? The females on one side of my family are Southern White Women....have I just attacked them?

It is how he used it to "ATTACK" her and NEWT. Not the words themselves.
Of course in truth it is not racist. Just as her saying Newt put Juan in his place wasn't racist.
But if you think one is then both have to be.

Your thoughts.
Did you come to Juan's defense when he was fired from NPR?

Juan Williams: NPR 'All White Organization,' Exhibited 'Worst Of White Condescension' In Firing Me (VIDEO)

Juan Williams says NPR is an "all-white organization" that exhibited the "worst of white condescension" in its handling of his firing last year.

--

"I think when it comes to NPR's decision to, without any reason, throw me out the door, I think that for them, especially for some of the people who created NPR, it's an all-white operation," Williams said. He added that he thought NPR "felt they had never had much success" with black or Hispanic journalists, and that they had had "more success with white women."

--

"What you see is there a real reluctance to, despite 10 years of success...deal with me as a journalist," Williams said. "For them, I think the fact that I was a journalist who was not being pigeonholed as just a black journalist, but something larger and sometimes even conservative in a point of view, made them have great difficulty with me."

At the time, Schiller said that Williams should have kept his remarks to "his psychiatrist or his publicist," a comment she would later apologize for.

"I think they acted very unfairly, and largely in a condescending manner," Williams said of NPR's handling of the situation. "If you stop and think about some of the things that were said in the midst of that controversy, the idea that I should have a relationship with a psychiatrist or that I need a publicist to tell me what to say. It just suggests to my mind that they think that I was some sort of infantile mentality, or childlike person.

"I think the worst of white condescension to black people was evident in some of those comments," he said.​

Your thoughts?

Of course in truth it is not racist. Just as her saying Newt put Juan in his place wasn't racist.

And tell us how he ATTACKED her and NEWT? Share.

BTW...maybe you can answer the question I've asked and not gotten an answer to. What is this "place" that Newt put Juan Williams in?

dogwhistle.png

And tell us how he ATTACKED her and NEWT? Share.

BTW...maybe you can answer the question I've asked and not gotten an answer to. What is this "place" that Newt put Juan Williams in?

If you don't understand how the OP was attacking her and Newt you are dumber than a box of rocks. I believe you are just refusing to see the truth because of your ideology though.
Oh just in case you aren't a bright as I believe you to be.

dumber than a box of rocks
1. A derogatory expression used to describe someone who is not very smart or who is dumb

Your other question was answered but i will answer it again.

put somebody in their place
to let someone know that they are not as important as they think they are.
She didn't like my suggestions at all. I was put firmly in my place, like a naughty schoolgirl.

What some people are trying to convince me of in this thread:

That calling someone a "Southern White Woman" is racist.

That calling someone a "Southern White Woman" is an ATTACK.

That congratulating Newt Gingrich for "putting him in his place" about Juan Williams is not racist.

That no one seems to know there that "place" is that Newt put Juan Williams.

That congratulating Newt Gingrich for "putting him in his place" about Juan Williams is not racist.

You exaggerate your own importance. No one's trying to convince you of anything. You don't want to be convinced.

All your questions have been answered. Your unwillingness to acknowledge that fact is utterly immaterial.

That you are a lying sack of shit that refuses to accept the truth.

Your thoughts.

If she had said he "put that black man in his place", then i would have to agree it sounded racist. That's not what she said. She meant it as putting a News Reporter in his place...which to me means Newt just shut him up and let him know he was wrong. Racism has nothing to do with it. Sounds to me like just because the woman was from the south that you think she HAS TO be Racist!

We have alot of other issues that are more important to discuss that IF someone might have said something racist when it clearly wasn't. Hell...the word racist is so overused now it really has no impact anymore!

I am reminded of the fable of the boy who cried wolf...

Soon that race card will be so worn and faded that no one will recognize it when it is used to signal actual racist statements.

Southern Democrats and Southern Republicans, you mean. The same people that with the passing of the Civil Rights bill couldn't switch party affiliation FAST ENOUGH.

Lester Maddox and George Wallace had nothing to do with the Republican party they lived and died as segregationist hate mongering Democrats. Deal with it. They were the men that the Republican Martin Luther King was marching against.
Both Lester Maddox and George Wallace LEFT the Democrat party and joined the American Independent Party, running for further office that way.

You might want to do some RESEARCH before holding up examples like that, Dillow Willow.

The majority of Dixiecrat segregationists stayed Democrat.

Truth. This was part of their platform.

" We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race; the constitutional right to choose one's associates; to accept private employment without governmental interference, and to learn one's living in any lawful way. We oppose the elimination of segregation, the repeal of miscegenation statutes, the control of private employment by Federal bureaucrats called for by the misnamed civil rights program. We favor home-rule, local self-government and a minimum interference with individual rights.

The platform went on to say:

We call upon all DEMOCRATS and upon all other loyal Americans who are opposed to totaltarianism at home and abroad to unite with us in ignominously defeating Harry S. Truman, Thomas E. Dewey and every other candidate for public office who would establish a Police Nation in the United States of America.

Lester Maddox and George Wallace had nothing to do with the Republican party they lived and died as segregationist hate mongering Democrats. Deal with it. They were the men that the Republican Martin Luther King was marching against.
Both Lester Maddox and George Wallace LEFT the Democrat party and joined the American Independent Party, running for further office that way.

You might want to do some RESEARCH before holding up examples like that, Dillow Willow.

The majority of Dixiecrat segregationists stayed Democrat.

Truth. This was part of their platform.

" We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race; the constitutional right to choose one's associates; to accept private employment without governmental interference, and to learn one's living in any lawful way. We oppose the elimination of segregation, the repeal of miscegenation statutes, the control of private employment by Federal bureaucrats called for by the misnamed civil rights program. We favor home-rule, local self-government and a minimum interference with individual rights.

The platform went on to say:

We call upon all DEMOCRATS and upon all other loyal Americans who are opposed to totaltarianism at home and abroad to unite with us in ignominously defeating Harry S. Truman, Thomas E. Dewey and every other candidate for public office who would establish a Police Nation in the United States of America.
That's different. Somehow. It just is. You racist!

Right, USMB lefties?

Forum List

Back