If more guns makes a country safer

And thus, you cannot tell us why a rational, reasoned person should care about what you want.
Let us know when you can demonstrate the necessity for and efficacy of banning pump-action shotguns with larger than a 5rd magazine, and placing pump-action shotguns under the NFA of 1934.
It doesn't have to make sense to you.
But it does have to make send to rational, reasoned, people, if you want them to care what you think..
For that to happen, you have to demonstrate the necessity for and the efficacy of the restrictions you seek.
It's clear that you cannot, and you know you cannot, do this.

It IS good to see you admit you want to ban pump-action shotguns.
Just ones that hold more than 5 shots.

And thus, you cannot tell us why a rational, reasoned person should care about what you want.
Let us know when you can demonstrate the necessity for and efficacy of banning pump-action shotguns with larger than a 5rd magazine, and placing pump-action shotguns under the NFA of 1934.
But it does have to make send to rational, reasoned, people, if you want them to care what you think..
For that to happen, you have to demonstrate the necessity for and the efficacy of the restrictions you seek.
As i said: You want to ban pump-action shotguns.
For which you cannot demonstrate the necessity for or the efficacy of.
As such, rational, reasoned people do not, and will not, support your idea.

I don't want to ban them just classify them so that you can't get your hands on them easily.

I have a Ruger 450 bushmaster. Holds 4 and you have to cock it each time. Even that took 15 days for me to get the OK. I would not give you the ok to buy a gun that holds 20 shots and all you have to do is pull the trigger 20 times. Fuck that. 10 is the limit.

Civilians don't vote for Supreme Court judges

Actually we do. We vote for President of the United States. Elections have consequences.

In the relatively civil past, both parties respected that fact and confirmed justices nominated by the President.

Drunk murderer Sen. Ted Kennedy changed all that by viciously and wrongly attacking Robert Bork. One of many low points for Sen. Kennedy.

The vile, disgusting, false accusations against the superior nominee Brett Kavanaugh will long be looked on as a low point for the formerly great Democrat Party.
I remember many proposed appointments getting denied. If democrats had more seats kavanaugh would not have been appointed.

Trumps first pick would have though

Good to see that you don't even make the effort to deny that the outrageous, false allegations against Brett Kavanaugh were patently false, LIES!

I don't want to ban them just classify them so that you can't get your hands on them easily.
I would not give you the ok to buy a gun that holds 20 shots...
As such, rational, reasoned people do not, and will not, support your idea, or care what you think.

And you cannot present a sound argument to this effect, nor can you demonstrate the necessity for or efficacy of banning said weapons.
Given that, why should a rational, reasoned person care about what you want?
Are you ok with machine guns being heavily regulated? How are you dealing with it?
Thank you for demonstrating that you know you cannot present a sound argument to this effect, nor can you demonstrate the necessity for or efficacy of banning said weapons.
I'll ask again:
Because I vote

It doesn't have to make sense to you. Same way your tax breaks to the rich didn't make sense to us. When you had the seats needed you passed what you wanted despite our objections.

The majority of voters support common sense gun regulations.

Can you name one current gun regulation on the books right now you agree with? Any of them make sense to you?
You had control of the whole enchilada with the old tax system. Remember! We had a 39% tax rate for the wealthy and you did not remove one of their tax breaks. They ended up paying about 15% or so with shelters also. I just want to remind you. You had Nancy tell us what we had to see what was in Obamacare. We remember that!

I quoted a book written by a retired cop. That's a cops views, not mine. And you don't get the meaning, do you. What it means is, always have the upper hand. If you don't have the upper hand disengage until you do have the upper hand.

You are still bring more Bull Crap to the Ball Game. You are still looking for the supreme "Gotcha". What you are really accomplishing is showing that you are just crying and throwing a temper tamptrum over nothing. And more guns or even less guns have zero affect over gun crime in the United States.

But there is a point where too many guns do reach a saturation point and it does increase the violent nature for the US. Learn from History or be prepared to repeat history.
Republicans talk about not being outgunned by the government but that’s exactly what happens every time they leave their home. Maybe they have the same gun the cop has but it better stay concealed. The cop will whip his gun out if you put your hand near your gun. And republicans here will defend the cop for shooting.

Weird huh?

Since when did Republicans have an issue with law-enforcement? My County Sheriff thinks concealed carry is a good thing, as do most of his deputies.
My cop friend does not want everyone carrying guns

As if you have friends...

the truth...

National Association of Chiefs of Police Annual Surveys on Concealed Handgun Reciprocity and other issues - Crime Prevention Research Center

National Association of Chiefs of Police Annual Surveys on Concealed Handgun Reciprocity and other issues - Crime Prevention Research Center

Concealed carry reciprocity: Support

29th annual Survey..... 88.62%
28th.............................86.4%
27th.............................63.3%

Can armed citizens help lower violent crime activity: Support

29th......75.77%
28th......76%
27th.......76.4%

Those aren’t Detroit cops

Detroit isn't part of the NATION? Who knew?

Are you ok with machine guns being heavily regulated? How are you dealing with it?
Thank you for demonstrating that you know you cannot present a sound argument to this effect, nor can you demonstrate the necessity for or efficacy of banning said weapons.
I'll ask again:
Because I vote

It doesn't have to make sense to you. Same way your tax breaks to the rich didn't make sense to us. When you had the seats needed you passed what you wanted despite our objections.

The majority of voters support common sense gun regulations.

Can you name one current gun regulation on the books right now you agree with? Any of them make sense to you?
You had control of the whole enchilada with the old tax system. Remember! We had a 39% tax rate for the wealthy and you did not remove one of their tax breaks. They ended up paying about 15% or so with shelters also. I just want to remind you. You had Nancy tell us what we had to see what was in Obamacare. We remember that!
Trump's tax breaks further widened the gap between the rich and rest of us.

Remember you guys cried that GE paid no taxes under Obama? Trump doubled the number of companies that pay no taxes.

Don't worry about this

The US budget deficit skyrocketed to a record $207.8 billion in May

Reagan had to spend his way into a good economy too. I think if a Democrat were president and did what Trump did you would say this is a fake economy.

And I'm hearing manufacturing is headed for a recession.

The most-anticipated recession in history is coming, and it’s tying investors in knots

Republicans talk about not being outgunned by the government but that’s exactly what happens every time they leave their home. Maybe they have the same gun the cop has but it better stay concealed. The cop will whip his gun out if you put your hand near your gun. And republicans here will defend the cop for shooting.

Weird huh?

Since when did Republicans have an issue with law-enforcement? My County Sheriff thinks concealed carry is a good thing, as do most of his deputies.

the truth...

29th......75.77%
28th......76%
27th.......76.4%

Gun Carry Laws Can Complicate Police Interactions

The recent targeted attacks on police in Dallas and Baton Rouge have law enforcement on edge. Some departments are telling officers to patrol in pairs when possible, and to be extra vigilant about possible ambush.

Complicating matters is the question of how to interpret and react to the presence of a gun. With more Americans now exercising their legal right to carry firearms, police find themselves having to make rapid judgments about whether an armed citizen is a threat.

While police are more sensitive to the presence of legal guns now, the dilemma isn't a new one. Gun rights groups started a push for more permissive laws in the 1990s, and most states now allow concealed carry, open carry or both.

And police are divided: Chiefs tend to favor more gun control, while the younger rank and file tend to support gun rights.

Chiefs have more experience.

But even many rank-and-file cops want some limits. Steve Loomis is head of the biggest police union in Cleveland — he calls himself a "Second Amendment guy," but on Sunday he asked Ohio Gov. John Kasich to limit the state's open-carry law during this week's Republican convention.

Loomis, talking to a reporter from The Plain Dealer, said there are certain practical problems in having people walk around downtown carrying semiautomatic rifles.

"Somebody's going to be watching, there's going to be multiple police officers watching that person with that AR-15, when they should be over here watching for the guy that's not on his meds that has a couple of handguns," Loomis said.

That's one of the challenges for police: Even in states with open carry, when people see someone with a gun, they tend to call the cops — and then the police get the thankless job of challenging someone who may or may not be a threat. One high-ranking officer in Texas calls it a "headache."

"When you have all these people running around with guns and rifles, you don't know who the bad guy is," he says.

Another potential headache is concealed-carry permits, and the people who like to keep their guns secret, like Joseph Olson of Minnesota.

"Unless it's an essential part of what I'm doing, like defending myself, whether or not I'm carrying it at any given time is something I never say," says Olson, a retired law professor who led the campaign to make his state a concealed-carry state in 2003.

Legal guns used to be a rarity in the Twin Cities, but in recent years the number of permits has jumped, and armed citizens are a routine factor for the police.

Olson says he thought Minnesota police had adapted to the reality of legal guns — until he was pulled over by an especially nervous-seeming cop.

"His voice had a tremor in it and I remember thinking to myself, 'Oh, my God.' I decided when I heard his voice that I was not going to introduce another element into the transaction," Olson says. He decided not to mention his gun.

Minnesota law doesn't require people to tell police they have a gun unless asked. Instructors give conflicting advice on this — but cops say they appreciate being told as soon as possible. Most of them have stories about close calls, when a legal gun appeared in the wrong way.

One officer recalls telling a gun owner, "Do you realize you almost died tonight?" The officer, whom we're not identifying because he doesn't have permission from work to talk about this, says he'd pulled the man over for a routine traffic stop.

"So I said, 'I see you have a permit to carry. Do you have a firearm in the vehicle?' "

"And ... [he said] 'Yeah, it's right here,' and he reaches over to his passenger seat, and I'm going, 'Stop. Don't move,' and he grabs this shirt," the officer recalls. "And I can then see a gun in it, and he's grabbing it."

The officer says he managed to grab the man's arm before being forced to pull his own gun, but police have shot motorists for a lot less than that.

Minnesota is an example of a state that's still adjusting to its new gun culture, and the state hasn't introduced any specific training for officers on how best to handle legally armed citizens. Some wonder if that played a role in the death of Philando Castile earlier this month. He's the black man who was shot during a traffic stop; his girlfriend, who was in the car with him, has said he was trying to tell the officer about his permitted gun.

Scott Dibble, a state senator from Minneapolis, says he's surprised officers haven't been given specific training for these situations, and he's also concerned that members of the public aren't being given clear, consistent instructions on how to inform officers that they're armed.

Dibble favors maximum transparency: "Seems like the right thing to do is to say, 'Officer, I'm a concealed-carry permit holder, I have a firearm, I don't want you to be surprised should you see it.' "

Then again, Dibble says, that's apparently what Philando Castile was trying to do when he got shot by a police officer.

the truth...

29th......75.77%
28th......76%
27th.......76.4%

The recent targeted attacks on police in Dallas and Baton Rouge have law enforcement on edge. Some departments are telling officers to patrol in pairs when possible, and to be extra vigilant about possible ambush.

Complicating matters is the question of how to interpret and react to the presence of a gun. With more Americans now exercising their legal right to carry firearms, police find themselves having to make rapid judgments about whether an armed citizen is a threat.

While police are more sensitive to the presence of legal guns now, the dilemma isn't a new one. Gun rights groups started a push for more permissive laws in the 1990s, and most states now allow concealed carry, open carry or both.

And police are divided: Chiefs tend to favor more gun control, while the younger rank and file tend to support gun rights.

But even many rank-and-file cops want some limits. Steve Loomis is head of the biggest police union in Cleveland — he calls himself a "Second Amendment guy," but on Sunday he asked Ohio Gov. John Kasich to limit the state's open-carry law during this week's Republican convention.

Loomis, talking to a reporter from The Plain Dealer, said there are certain practical problems in having people walk around downtown carrying semiautomatic rifles.

"Somebody's going to be watching, there's going to be multiple police officers watching that person with that AR-15, when they should be over here watching for the guy that's not on his meds that has a couple of handguns," Loomis said.

That's one of the challenges for police: Even in states with open carry, when people see someone with a gun, they tend to call the cops — and then the police get the thankless job of challenging someone who may or may not be a threat. One high-ranking officer in Texas calls it a "headache."

"When you have all these people running around with guns and rifles, you don't know who the bad guy is," he says.

Another potential headache is concealed-carry permits, and the people who like to keep their guns secret, like Joseph Olson of Minnesota.

"Unless it's an essential part of what I'm doing, like defending myself, whether or not I'm carrying it at any given time is something I never say," says Olson, a retired law professor who led the campaign to make his state a concealed-carry state in 2003.

Legal guns used to be a rarity in the Twin Cities, but in recent years the number of permits has jumped, and armed citizens are a routine factor for the police.

Olson says he thought Minnesota police had adapted to the reality of legal guns — until he was pulled over by an especially nervous-seeming cop.

"His voice had a tremor in it and I remember thinking to myself, 'Oh, my God.' I decided when I heard his voice that I was not going to introduce another element into the transaction," Olson says. He decided not to mention his gun.

Minnesota law doesn't require people to tell police they have a gun unless asked. Instructors give conflicting advice on this — but cops say they appreciate being told as soon as possible. Most of them have stories about close calls, when a legal gun appeared in the wrong way.

One officer recalls telling a gun owner, "Do you realize you almost died tonight?" The officer, whom we're not identifying because he doesn't have permission from work to talk about this, says he'd pulled the man over for a routine traffic stop.

"So I said, 'I see you have a permit to carry. Do you have a firearm in the vehicle?' "

"And ... [he said] 'Yeah, it's right here,' and he reaches over to his passenger seat, and I'm going, 'Stop. Don't move,' and he grabs this shirt," the officer recalls. "And I can then see a gun in it, and he's grabbing it."

The officer says he managed to grab the man's arm before being forced to pull his own gun, but police have shot motorists for a lot less than that.

Minnesota is an example of a state that's still adjusting to its new gun culture, and the state hasn't introduced any specific training for officers on how best to handle legally armed citizens. Some wonder if that played a role in the death of Philando Castile earlier this month. He's the black man who was shot during a traffic stop; his girlfriend, who was in the car with him, has said he was trying to tell the officer about his permitted gun.

Scott Dibble, a state senator from Minneapolis, says he's surprised officers haven't been given specific training for these situations, and he's also concerned that members of the public aren't being given clear, consistent instructions on how to inform officers that they're armed.

Dibble favors maximum transparency: "Seems like the right thing to do is to say, 'Officer, I'm a concealed-carry permit holder, I have a firearm, I don't want you to be surprised should you see it.' "

Then again, Dibble says, that's apparently what Philando Castile was trying to do when he got shot by a police officer.

Yeah....no.....

29th......75.77%
28th......76%
27th.......76.4%

the truth...

29th......75.77%
28th......76%
27th.......76.4%

And this has not been a problem...considering since 2016, the date of your link, we now have even more people carrying guns....and no problems have come up......over 18.6 million people now....

and...

GUN WATCH: Top Three Rated "Safe States" are Constitutional Carry States

US News and World Report rates the states for public safety. The rating takes both property crime and violent crime into account. The ratings use the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) data from 2017 for the article this year, as the latest data available.

The top three states for public safety this year are Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire. All three are Constitutional Carry states, which means no permit is required to carry a loaded handgun in most public places, openly, or concealed. That was the state of the law in the nation when the Constitution was ratified on 4 March, 1789. Constitutional carry existed in all states for the first four decades of the Republic. Then states and the courts started chipping away at the Second Amendment.

A year in, no big deal with permitless carry

COEUR d’ALENE — Exactly one year after it went into effect, an Idaho gun law that allows people to carry concealed firearms without a permit has had little effect on crime rates, state law enforcement officials said.

It has, however, impacted the number of Idaho concealed carry permits being issued, some firearm trainers said.

The law allows most residents age 21 or older to carry concealed guns without a permit inside Idaho’s cities, in bars and in most government buildings.

When the Idaho Legislature enacted its permitless firearms concealed carry law a year ago, it was not without warnings from a broad spectrum, including anti-gun groups and Idaho chiefs of police.

The warnings are still in place, but so far, adverse results haven’t materialized.

“We believe dismantling the longstanding and effective permitting system without taking additional precautionary steps will weaken public safety,” Bill Bones, Jeff Lavey and Rick Allen, chiefs of police in Ada County, wrote in a letter to the Idaho Statesman last year.

“Our concealed weapons licensing system is the only way to determine the person is not a felon or dangerous person prohibited from possessing firearms.”

Coeur d’Alene Police concur that the permitless carry law has disabled at least one tool police used to check felons for firearms, but Detective Jared Reneau said the state’s latest gun law seems to have had little effect on crime rates in Coeur d’Alene.

“It hasn’t been a topic of discussion,” he said. “We haven’t noticed a significant increase.”

So far, 12 states — the number has increased from eight a year ago — have adopted permitless concealed carry firearms laws. They include Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Vermont, Wyoming, and West Virginia.

In Nez Perce County, Idaho’s most gun-friendly county where an estimated 59 percent of residents own guns — the highest rate in the state — Sheriff Joe Rodriguez said his department did not anticipate an increase in gun crimes a year ago when permitless carry became law.

“The way we look at, we live in the Northwest. Everyone has a firearm,” Rodriguez said.

His officers are trained to be alert for weapons, and permitless carry didn’t change that. It didn’t affect crime rates either, he said.

“Nothing has changed,” Rodriguez said.

Facts About Mass Shootings Support Gun Ownership, Not Gun Control

James Craig, who returned to his native Detroit as its chief of police in June 2013, believes in the strength of a legally armed populace. After working as a police officer for nearly three decades in Los Angeles, “where ‘it took an act of Congress’ to get permission to carry a gun,” Craig transferred to Portland, Maine. There, he discovered a vastly safer city, and one where gun ownership was common. It was in Portland that Craig realized “the effect…good Americans who are armed can have on reducing violence.”
Prior to Craig’s arrival, Detroit was among the most violent cities in the country. According to FBI statistics, 80 in 1000 Detroit residents “became victims of violent or property crime each year.” In 2012, 386 criminal homicides had been reported in the city. To bring down crime rates, the new chief of police urged Detroit residents to legally and safely arm themselves.
In 2014, Craig’s department issued 1,100 handgun permits. That year, the number of home invasions decreased by 38 percent, with the numbers of shootings and robberies likewise decreasing. Of the 1,800 felons queried in a 2015 survey, 57 percent identified their biggest fear as “armed citizens.”

Since Craig took over the department, Detroit has experienced “double-digit drops” in “nonfatal shootings, robberies, and carjackings.” Although the city’s levels of violence still leave much to be desired, in 2017, Detroit recorded its “lowest number of homicides since 1966.”
Craig believes a conversation surrounding guns should not be about gun control, but “crime control.” As he explains, “individuals who are criminally inclined…when in possession of a weapon, create the problems.”
Before Democrats look to new measures of gun control, they should concern themselves with the enforcement of existing gun laws, keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, and holding accountable institutions and policies which allow threats to go undetected.

NO AG should be in the pocket of a president This pos made a mockery of the Meuller report for Trumps benefit He is supposed to represent the people NOT be the presidents lawyer

Really? Did you complain about it when this was said?

" Eric Holder: 'I'm Still the President's Wingman' -- Attorney General Eric Holder brushed off a question Thursday about when he might leave the administration. Instead, the top lawman professed his allegiance to President Barack Obama. Eric Holder: "I'm still the president's wing man."

You want to ban abortion and end social security and medicare but we do not want to ban guns. You're nuts.

always-S.jpg

NO AG should be in the pocket of a president This pos made a mockery of the Meuller report for Trumps benefit He is supposed to represent the people NOT be the presidents lawyer

Really? Did you complain about it when this was said?

" Eric Holder: 'I'm Still the President's Wingman' -- Attorney General Eric Holder brushed off a question Thursday about when he might leave the administration. Instead, the top lawman professed his allegiance to President Barack Obama. Eric Holder: "I'm still the president's wing man."
Yes and didn't anyone teach you 2 wrongs don't make a right ,,,,or were you absent that day??

Forum List

Back