If I were on the Supreme Court

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
This is how to fix New York City.

1. Tell the landlords (yes including corporate boards and managers), that you're only getting $900 a month for each apartment.
Your days of charging people per month, what in other states around you would buy a whole year, for the exact same apartment, and in most cases a BETTER apartment, are OVER !

$900... thats it.

$900 is on par with your Tri-State region, in fact its on the UPPER end of the price structure..
and that's the maximum of what you're getting.

2. Lower the income tax rate to 10 % for the poor, and 20 % for the Middle class, 30 % for the wealthy and 40 % for MULTI-millionaires and up, and for corporations.

That's it.

3. Tell the New York Taxi and Limousine Commission that their days of charging prospects enough money to permanently solve all of person's life problems in the state of Pennsylvania are over...

And you owe $999,900 for each every one that you made to pay a million dollars for NOTHING.

Your days of holding money Contests for licenses are over.
Now you SELL licenses FAIRLY and EQUALLY from now on.

4. Tell the New York Division of Licensing services that your days of giving people tests to buy a business license, are over.
Because they already took their tests at school.

5. Tell the Governor of New York, the mayors and city councils, of all the cities in the State of New York, that their days of making oppressive laws are over.

And if they start Balking... just tell them that the high population of New York City is none of your business... none whatsoever and you don't get to punish people for a damn thing.
If they need, its your job to serve it, not limit it and not to tell people what to do... just like anywhere else.

You got elected, you need to figure out how you're going to run your office, not squeeze people into your inadequacies and OUT of New York in order to make a living.

Its also not my problem what you're addicted to.
If you're addicted to collecting $5,000 a month rent, I suggest you get weaned because you're not getting that anymore.

That's how I would do it.

Last edited:
If you were on the supreme court you would know the law and know you have no power to dictate anything, only to decide the constitutionality of legally contested laws.

• Banned
That's not how the supreme court works.
The supreme court is the highest office of the land, and it works outside of the law.
It isn't called supreme for nothing.

The supreme court IS the law and IS the constitution.

1. Tell the landlords (yes including corporate boards and managers), that you're only getting $900 a month for each apartment.
Your days of charging people per month, what in other states around you would buy a whole year, for the exact same apartment, and in most cases a BETTER apartment, are OVER !

$900... thats it.

$900 is on par with your Tri-State region, in fact its on the UPPER end of the price structure..

2. Lower the income tax rate to 10 % for the poor, and 20 % for the Middle class, 30 % for the wealthy and 40 % for MULTI-millionaires and up, and for corporations.

That's it.

3. Tell the New York Taxi and Limousine Commission that their days of charging prospects enough money to permanently solve all of person's life problems in the state of Pennsylvania are over...

And you owe $999,900 for each every one that you made to pay a million dollars for NOTHING.

4. Tell the New York Division of Licensing services that your days of giving people tests to buy a business license, are over.

5. Tell the Governor of New York, the mayors and city councils, of all the cities in the State of New York, that their days of making oppressive laws are over.

And if they start Balking... just tell them that the high population of New York City is none of your business... none whatsoever and you don't get to punish people for a damn thing.
If they need, its your job to serve it, not limit it and not to tell people what to do... just like anywhere else.

You got elected, you need to figure out how you're going to run your office, not squeeze people into your inadequacies and OUT of New York in order to make a living.

If you're addicted to collecting $5,000 a month rent, I suggest you get weaned because you're not getting that anymore.

images2W4S3BR5.jpg

$900... thats it.

That's it.

If you were on the Supreme Court, even Saturday Night Live would think that skit was ridiculous.

The supreme court is the highest office of the land, and it works outside of the law.

You are high and must have slept through civics class.

$900... thats it.

Apparently you want every renter in New York City to live in roach infested slums.

Another public school victim.

You're high. 900.00 barely gets you out of the slums in KC

I actually pay only $475.00 a month and it is not a section eight nor rent control place, but I live outside Houston, so finding a cheap place is usually easy...

I know inside the city it is impossible and the East End would be the only region of Houston where you could get cheap rent, and my Spanish is not good enough to live there anymore...

A basic fact of life is that the worth of a given thing is governed by, more or less, two factors:

How rare it is and how much someone is willing to pay for it.

Does the OP think that housing on the tiny island of NYC is infinite?

Not surprising the OP once posted she was going to court to get out of having to learn a foreign language in order to take nursing classes and that a history professor was going to testify for her.

:cuckoo:

$900... thats it.

That's it.

Your post illustrates why you’ll never be on the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court should NOT be the final arbiter! It should be the ELECTED Congress, and not 9 biased, and unelected men and women. Rule on Constitutionality as it was meant to be, BUT ABSOLUTELY NO changing Congressional law, that is what Congress does! Send it back to Congress to repair, or alter!

The Supreme Court should NOT be the final arbiter! It should be the ELECTED Congress, and not 9 biased, and unelected men and women. Rule on Constitutionality as it was meant to be, BUT ABSOLUTELY NO changing Congressional law, that is what Congress does! Send it back to Congress to repair, or alter!

So....if a law is found unconstitutional, it should simply be allowed to stand, at the mercy of Congress to decide if they are willing to give a fuck? That is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. The constitution itself tells us that it is the highest law of the land, and that any law contrary to it shall not stand. Your little suggestion would turn the constitution into less than the seeds of a grey dandelion

So....if a law is found unconstitutional, it should simply be allowed to stand, at the mercy of Congress to decide if they are willing to give a fuck? That is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. The constitution itself tells us that it is the highest law of the land, and that any law contrary to it shall not stand. Your little suggestion would turn the constitution into less than the seeds of a grey dandelion

What did you not understand, besides everything I wrote?

A law found to be unconstitutional is dead immediately. The court issues it's opinion why and congress then has the option to use that opinion to craft new laws. Allowing unconstitutional laws to stand until congress takes action means they could stand for years and reduce the supreme court to a mere advisory panel for congress who could simply be ignored. Congress already has constitutional lawyers and they should know better, if they want to prevent judicial review then they should quit drafting laws on shaky legal grounds that end up in court.

Forum List

Back