If Hilary wins who will be umm..the first lady ?

He WON his elections to the very end...he resigned after pressure from the Democrats.

So what's your point?

He resigned before he ran after he was going to be caught out with the affair. His last affair wasn't outted until after he resigned.

Why did he not run again? Because he knew he would not be re-elected.

You keep suggesting that somehow he would be a hero of the right. He was in some areas, such as small-goverment policy, but not in others.

One of their number goes and actually breaks the law with an intern in his office, he gets a standing-O on the floor of the House. One of the R's number, he immediately resigns and he hadn't broke a law. To say that they act the same when such things are found would be a misnomer of tremendous size.

Was he re-elected? No.

Did he run?

No.

Not because of any republicans choice, they wanted him to run and they purposely kept quiet on ALL of the indiscretions of Foley's with these young pages so that he could run for the Congressional position in Florida.

The whole thing was shameful.

--------------------------------

And Studds had an affair with a 17 year old in DC, so he too did NOT break the law....(though absolutely shameful and an abuse of power imo) this relationship with this page continued for almost a decade, they lived with eachother I believe....this page continued to support Studds and said that Studds did NOT seduce him....that they "loved" eachother.

And though Gerry Studds abused his power imho, I still see what Foley did as worse....he prayed on MANY YOUNG BOYS, he was not pursuing any kind of permanent relationship, but only persuing getting his rocks off and using these young men to do it....

I could be wrong, but that is how it appears to me.

care

Dems sat on the Foley emails for months - and waited until a month from the election to release them

Dems sat on the Foley emails for months - and waited until a month from the election to release them

That's not quite true...

The Whistle blower group, gave these emails to the FBI in June/July...a good 5 months before the election....they turned them over to Law enforcement...but guess what?

The FBI did nothing with them...nothing came out in the news, no repremand of any sort on Foley etc....

Then, this same group that turned these emails over to the FBI released them to the public months LATER because the FBI did nothing....

--------------------------------------------------

In addition to this Red, the Republicans in power had near a decade's worth of complaints and abuses of Foley's being reported....they knew Foley had a problem with young men/pages...he had repeated offenses reported to them, to the Republican Leadership, and they CHOSE to run Foley in the next election anyway...

Now that is not GOOD imo and many others also.

Care

History of Foley Messages' Release Clarified by Players
2 Sources Explain Motives, Citing Concern for Hill's Pages

By Jonathan Weisman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, October 11, 2006; Page A04

Two of the news media's sources of Mark Foley's sexually explicit instant messages to former House pages said this week that they came forward to expose the Florida congressman's actions, not to help the Democrats in the midterm elections.

But there are indications that Democrats spent months circulating five less insidious Foley e-mails to news organizations before they were finally published by ABC News late last month, which prompted the leaking of the more salacious instant messages. Harper's Magazine said yesterday that it obtained the five e-mails from a Democratic Party operative, albeit in May, long before the election season.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/10/AR2006101001379.html

Did he run?

No.

Not because of any republicans choice, they wanted him to run and they purposely kept quiet on ALL of the indiscretions of Foley's with these young pages so that he could run for the Congressional position in Florida.

The whole thing was shameful.

--------------------------------

And Studds had an affair with a 17 year old in DC, so he too did NOT break the law....(though absolutely shameful and an abuse of power imo) this relationship with this page continued for almost a decade, they lived with eachother I believe....this page continued to support Studds and said that Studds did NOT seduce him....that they "loved" eachother.

And though Gerry Studds abused his power imho, I still see what Foley did as worse....he prayed on MANY YOUNG BOYS, he was not pursuing any kind of permanent relationship, but only persuing getting his rocks off and using these young men to do it....

I could be wrong, but that is how it appears to me.

care

It was. As was the clapterfest for the democrat congressman who actually did sleep with his intern. This attempt to disassociate with the Ds own hypocrisy on this matter is very telling on how far people will go to forgive their own and castigate "the enemy". It perpetuates an atmosphere where Statesmen are considered "traitors" to their party and just slams that wedge in tighter. Keep it up, we need more division in government.

Forum List

Back