If Hilary wins who will be umm..the first lady ?

I'm fairly certain Bill will be very helpful in the things for which Hillary was so notable, such as firing travel department staff.

With clinton as the first genltleman, he will influence alot of people and make some changes. Also he will use the white house budget wisely, like on a beer fountain, and strippers.
:lol: it's gonna be the second playboy mansion.

What I think will be truly fascinating is what the role of the First Gentleman (whenever we have the 1st female president), will be.

Traditionally, the role of the First Lady has been a diplomatic and intensely "feminine" role. She has entertained other diplomats wives, decorated the White House, held luncheons on issues that have primarily been viewed as "female-centered," visited day-cares, hugged children in hospitals, chosen the theme for the White House Christmas decorations.

Is a man going to be willing to take such a back-seat role? OR is the role going to be absorbed by presidential secretaries because the husband of such a powerful woman would most likely be someone with a fairly high-powered job himself?

It will be interesting to see...I just hope that we aren't seeing Bill Clinton tell us that the White House Christmas theme is going to be "Winter Intern Wonderland."

I heard in the rumor mill that She would hire an assistant to do this job and that her first choice would be Chelsea.... which would make sense as far as doing all of the personal stuff like "party" arranging...

care

I think that Bill gets a big job in her administration.... Ambassador to the UN or Secretary of State come to mind.

Make sure he has a bottle of Spray and Wash in his office to get rid of the evidence - or a TIDE pen to get the stains out

At least Clinton had women he messed around with and not male prostitutes like Bush let hang around the white house. Or child molestors like Mark foley.

OWNED !!!!!

At least Clinton had women he messed around with and not male prostitutes like Bush let hang around the white house. Or child molestors like Mark foley.

OWNED !!!!!

Mark Foley hung around the White House?

When was he convicted? My understanding was he only sent sordid e-mails and IMs. Not to mention the fact that the age of consent in DC is 16, which would mean he actually did nothing illegal at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's gone, he should not have been in a position to do what he did, but he's no Gerry Studds.

that says a lot about the back game republicans are playing these days when their argument is reduced to quibbling about the age of consent for predatory gay republican congressmen to have their way with young pages...

that's the talking point now, isn't it? Foley didn't do anything ILLEGAL...there is nothing ILLEGAL with powerful gay republican congressmen praying on young boys whose parents have sent them to the capital to serve their country as long as the boys are over 16, which is the LEGAL age of consent in DC....Yeah.... that makes everything just fine.

:rofl:

that says a lot about the back game republicans are playing these days when their argument is reduced to quibbling about the age of consent for predatory gay republican congressmen to have their way with young pages...

that's the talking point now, isn't it? Foley didn't do anything ILLEGAL...there is nothing ILLEGAL with powerful gay republican congressmen praying on young boys whose parents have sent them to the capital to serve their country as long as the boys are over 16, which is the LEGAL age of consent in DC....Yeah.... that makes everything just fine.

:rofl:

Hey, I'm just saying. As I stated, I'm glad Foley is gone. I never once defended his actions, I think he's a sleaze (or is that "sleeze?"). I'm sure he was hoping to get lucky. To our knowledge, except for the e-mails and IMs, nothing happened, he was forced to resign and now lives with the shame. The country now knows that he preys on young men. This is a far cry from the reception Gerry Studds recieved on the floor of the Senate.

Hey, I'm just saying. As I stated, I'm glad Foley is gone. I never once defended his actions, I think he's a sleaze (or is that "sleeze?"). I'm sure he was hoping to get lucky. To our knowledge, except for the e-mails and IMs, nothing happened, he was forced to resign and now lives with the shame. The country now knows that he preys on young men. This is a far cry from the reception Gerry Studds recieved on the floor of the Senate.

And republicans gave democrats shit about Studds and - obviously still do..... so suck it up, and expect to get what you dished out.

Methinks one ought not to stake out the moral high ground if one cannot hold it.

kinda like Newt, the serial adulterer and intern fucker going after Clinton....

sooner or later, it's gonna come back and bite you in the ass.

When was he convicted? My understanding was he only sent sordid e-mails and IMs. Not to mention the fact that the age of consent in DC is 16, which would mean he actually did nothing illegal at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's gone, he should not have been in a position to do what he did, but he's no Gerry Studds.

Emails Dems knew about months before the Nov election - so much for caring about the pages

And republicans gave democrats shit about Studds and - obviously still do..... so suck it up, and expect to get what you dished out.

Methinks one ought not to stake out the moral high ground if one cannot hold it.

thanks for making my point

Libs give there own a pass everytime

And Republicans don't do the same thing????

Newt Gingrich served his first wife divorce papers while she was dying of cancer in a hospital.

How is THAT Christian? How does THAT show family values?

All I can say is 'search'. Many of us have been very critical of the current powers that be.

And Republicans don't do the same thing????

Newt Gingrich served his first wife divorce papers while she was dying of cancer in a hospital.

How is THAT Christian? How does THAT show family values?

Was it perjury?

No

Was it a crime?

No

Was it tacky?

Yes

Forum List

Back