If Hilary wins who will be umm..the first lady ?

Seriously, I hope she is your nominee. I really hope she is.

Who do you like out of the Pubs in the race so far? Giuliani's practically a liberal Democrat, McCain's a bigger flip-flopper than Kerry on social issues, and all the candidates that fit into the Republican ideology are around 5% in the polls.
If you have "no1tovote4" and you're so disappointed in the Republican party right now that you're sickened by it (which I've seen you post), why do you hope the Dems nominate someone you believe couldn't win the general election? Or am I misunderstanding? Does your hoping Hillary's the nominee mean you're a longtime fan?

Dumb question

Who do you like out of the Pubs in the race so far? Giuliani's practically a liberal Democrat, McCain's a bigger flip-flopper than Kerry on social issues, and all the candidates that fit into the Republican ideology are around 5% in the polls.
If you have "no1tovote4" and you're so disappointed in the Republican party right now that you're sickened by it (which I've seen you post), why do you hope the Dems nominate someone you believe couldn't win the general election? Or am I misunderstanding? Does your hoping Hillary's the nominee mean you're a longtime fan?

Well, if you read my posts in this thread, you will find what candidates that I like.

http://usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=48323

What will likely wind up happening will be the "lesser of two evils" vote, or a third party vote.

According to several polls, Hillary might win the presidency.

I have seen polls where she is losing to Rudy in Florida and PA

I posted the poll where 50% said they would not vote for her, period

How can she win?

I know she has the cemetery vote locked up - that has always been a solid voting block for Dems

It was. As was the clapterfest for the democrat congressman who actually did sleep with his intern. This attempt to disassociate with the Ds own hypocrisy on this matter is very telling on how far people will go to forgive their own and castigate "the enemy". It perpetuates an atmosphere where Statesmen are considered "traitors" to their party and just slams that wedge in tighter. Keep it up, we need more division in government.

I just don't see where you say the hypocrisy is coming in on the Democratic side of this....

Studds was asked to resign by the speaker of the house at the time....don't you Know that...? But Studds refused to resign and said his voters would decide his fate not the speaker of the house...think it was tip oneal at the time....

And the people of Province town, which is a Gay Community on the Cape, voted him back in for his position....but that had nothing to do with the Democratic leadership. Studds was censored by the leadership also, and I think he stood in Congress with his back to those that accused him of his improper behavior.

You make it out as though you think that the situation with how the Democratic leadership at the time of the scandal and the Republican leadership at the time of Foley's scandal were actually the same Damo and quite frankly, they are not even close imo?

Though both do have in common, old geezers.... going after a young page boy or many page boys in Foley's case.

Care

I just don't see where you say the hypocrisy is coming in on the Democratic side of this....

Studds was asked to resign by the speaker of the house at the time....don't you Know that...? But Studds refused to resign and said his voters would decide his fate not the speaker of the house...think it was tip oneal at the time....

And the people of Province town, which is a Gay Community on the Cape, voted him back in for his position....but that had nothing to do with the Democratic leadership. Studds was censored by the leadership also, and I think he stood in Congress with his back to those that acused him of his improper behavior.

You make it out as though you think that the situation with how the Democratic leadership at the time of the scandal and the Republican leadership at the time of Foley's scandal were actually the same Damo and quite frankly, they are not even close imo?

Though both do have in common, old geezers.... going after a young page boy or many page boys in Foley's case.

Care

DEems sit on the Foley emails for months, use it in the election, and try to say the Republican leadership was at fault

Studds is caught, Dems give him a committee seat, and a standing "O" on the floor of Congress

and you see no hypocrisy?

And the people of Province town, which is a Gay Community on the Cape, voted him back in for his position....but that had nothing to do with the Democratic leadership. Studds was censored by the leadership also, and I think he stood in Congress with his back to those that accused him of his improper behavior.

Care
Resign as speaker? Wow, quite the punishment. Then later he got a standing-O. Fantastic. And here I am not Damo. ;)

Look, to say that the one is better than the other is rubbish. "He was caught earlier and we reacted... then later welcomed him with open arms and a special clapterfest." And the kid was also underage and a Page.

Seriously, Care. If you can't see the hypocrisy it is partisan blinders. I can see it with Rs and Foley.

Anybody preaching that the one did a bad thing but willing to forgive the clapterfest for another who did the same thing is pretty fricking hypocritical.

Rudy a lib?

He cut taxes 22 times, was a target for the NY Slimes, constantly attacked by the left on his policies, and reduced the murder rate in the city through law enforcement and putting more cops on the street

Rudy a lib?

He cut taxes 22 times, was a target for the NY Slimes, constantly attacked by the left on his policies, and reduced the murder rate in the city through law enforcement and putting more cops on the street

rudy's record in NYC: pro-choice, pro gun control, pro gay rights.

rudy's record in NYC: pro-choice, pro gun control, pro gay rights.

He enforced the laws that were already thwere when he took office

Rudy said he would appoint SC Judges like Thomas and Scalia - so far so good for me

If Rudy is as liberal as you say he his - you must be ready to vote for him

He enforced the laws that were already thwere when he took office

Rudy said he would appoint SC Judges like Thomas and Scalia - so far so good for me

If Rudy is as liberal as you say he his - you must be ready to vote for him

Rudy instituted many of those laws and pushed for many of those laws and was a firm and enthusiastic support of abortion rights, gay rights and gun control.

And, of course, I will not vote for Rudy..... the problem for the republican party is that the prolife antigay progun religious right won't vote for him either!

Rudy instituted many of those laws and pushed for many of those laws and was a firm and enthusiastic support of abortion rights, gay rights and gun control.

And, of course, I will not vote for Rudy..... the problem for the republican party is that the prolife antigay progun religious right won't vote for him either!

Not surprised you would not vote for "Rudy the Lib"

I know it is early, but Rudy win the Electoral College over Hillary by 354 - 184

http://www.surveyusa.com/

Hillary does not get over the 50% mark

Again, the President is not choosen by the popular vote - Rudy kills her where it counts

I see what RSR means. Someone could become president and not get 50 percent of the popular vote. He is correct in that respect. I still think that his argument is lost if he really examines your link: http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08gen.htm

According to the top of the page, according to the “NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll” Clinton wold get 46 percent to Thompson’s 40 percent. Neither candidate gets 50 percent but Hillary wins – Hillary would be more popular than Thompson.

In the “Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg Poll. April 5-9, 2007. Registered voters nationwide” Hillary beats every Republican candidate except Giuliani (and that defeat is only by 6 percent) but still she never gets 50 percent.

Anyway, RSR is technically correct in that 50 percent might not vote for Hillary but that seems to be a red herring. It does not mean that she would be less popular than any Republican contender come Election Day.

I see what RSR means. Someone could become president and not get 50 percent of the popular vote. He is correct in that respect. I still think that his argument is lost if he really examines your link: http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08gen.htm

According to the top of the page, according to the “NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll” Clinton wold get 46 percent to Thompson’s 40 percent. Neither candidate gets 50 percent but Hillary wins – Hillary would be more popular than Thompson.

In the “Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg Poll. April 5-9, 2007. Registered voters nationwide” Hillary beats every Republican candidate except Giuliani (and that defeat is only by 6 percent) but still she never gets 50 percent.

Anyway, RSR is technically correct in that 50 percent might not vote for Hillary but that seems to be a red herring. It does not mean that she would be less popular than any Republican contender come Election Day.

Someone? Clinton did it twice.

Forum List

Back