If Everybody Had Bows & Arrows Nobody Would Use Them!

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
What is the principle difference between everybody owning a gun, and Iran getting nuclear bombs? Answer: Aggressive governments will always acquire the weapons they need for conquest. The difference is that civilized nations need more weapons for self-defense.

Put it in perspective when America had a monopoly on the atomic bomb. It began when America-haters began preaching: “If everybody had the bomb nobody would use them.” American traitors even helped the Soviet Union get one!

Frankly, the Left cannot now see a problem with an Iran bomb. Tragically, I can see a bigger problem coming from Taqiyya the Liar. Should the Iranians drop a nuclear bomb on this country, or on an ally, he would call it an act of criminals, or workplace violence, but never the act of peace-loving Islam. I simply do not see him committing the US military against Islam —— less so than retaliating against a Communist country. And it isn’t as though Taqiyya the Liar is only one man. He is supported by a huge federal bureaucracy withholding the machinery of military power willing to implement his personal beliefs on behalf of Islam.

NOTE: From the day Taqiyya the Liar was sworn in he reminded me of an old 1951 movie The Magic Face. Well-known actor Luther Adler (1903 - 1984) starred as Hitler’s valet after he kills him. In short order he impersonates Hitler. Once in place he sets out to bring defeat to Nazi Germany with a chain of ruinous decisions.

Six years later after Taqiyya took office is there any doubt about his ruinous decision after ruinous decision. If the plot intrigues you can watch a few clips of The Magic Face at this link:

Guns and nuclear bombs

Unfortunately, every average American cannot own a nuclear weapon in order to defend the country as they once could:

The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside. Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them; the weak would become a prey to the strong. Thomas Paine

XXXXX

Arms in the hands of the citizens may be used at individual discretion for the defense of the country, the overthrow of tyranny or private self-defense. John Adams

XXXXX

They tell us that we are weak -- unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Three million people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Patrick Henry

XXXXX

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty, teeth and keystone under independence. The church, the plow, the prairie wagon and citizens' firearms are indelibly related. From the hour the pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that, to ensure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. Every corner of this land knows firearms, and more than 99 and 99/100 percent of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil influence. They deserve a place of honor with all that's good. When firearms go, all goes. We need them every hour. George Washington's address to the second session of the First U.S. Congress

Nevertheless, the wisdom of owning a gun is still valid:

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. Thomas Jefferson

XXXXX

The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that ... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. Thomas Jefferson

XXXXX

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. Thomas Jefferson to James Madison

XXXXX

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks. Thomas Jefferson's advice to his 15-year-old nephew

XXXXX

I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason, Co-author of the Second Amendment, during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

XXXXX

And we do each of us, for ourselves respectively, promise and engage to keep a good firelock in proper order, & to furnish ourselves as soon as possible with, & always keep by us, one pound of gunpowder, four pounds of lead, one dozen gunflints, & a pair of bullet moulds, with a cartouch box, or powder horn, and bag for balls. George Mason

XXXXX

Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: first, a right to life, secondly to liberty, thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can. Samuel Adams

XXXXX

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

XXXXX

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun. Patrick Henry

XXXXX

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government. Thomas Paine

XXXXX

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops." Noah Webster

XXXXX

The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them. Joseph Story

If nothing else moves you at least think about this:

“If you think a theater filled with unarmed people against a lone gunman is scary, imagine a disarmed populace against a tyrannical government.” Anonymous

Accepting the inevitability of a nuclear-armed Iran has been the result of decades of strategic research into the question. Thinktanks came to that conclusion a long time ago.

If you attack to prevent it, you only accelerate and ensure it. Can't hope to destroy the 100+ and many unknown sites doing the resarch and enrichment.

We couldn't even prevent DPRK from getting them and they're a lot more centralized than Iran is. If Iran wants nuclear weapons, they'll get nuclear weapons. There's nothing anyone can do to prevent it by force. Negotiation and essentuially buying them off (paying them not to) are the only realistic options. But every election cycle Iran's nuclear program becomes news again as it has for over 20 years.

Personally, I wish nobody had an atomic bomb but as long as one aggressive nation has one then I suppose that all aggressive nations have an equal right to have one as well. I don't personally see Iran as being more aggressive than China, Russia, Pakistan, Israel, or the USA. If we were to calculate all the aggressive acts committed by the various sovereign nations around the world I would say that Russia, Israel, and the USA would be somewhere near the top of the list and Iran would likely be somewhere near the bottom or middle. But I'm guessing/generalizing.

Accepting the inevitability of a nuclear-armed Iran has been the result of decades of strategic research into the question. Thinktanks came to that conclusion a long time ago.

If you attack to prevent it, you only accelerate and ensure it. Can't hope to destroy the 100+ and many unknown sites doing the resarch and enrichment.

We couldn't even prevent DPRK from getting them and they're a lot more centralized than Iran is. If Iran wants nuclear weapons, they'll get nuclear weapons. There's nothing anyone can do to prevent it by force. Negotiation and essentuially buying them off (paying them not to) are the only realistic options. But every election cycle Iran's nuclear program becomes news again as it has for over 20 years.

To Delta4Embassey: As usual you miss avoid my primary premise. Taqiyya the Liar took Iran’s nuclear aspirations —— AND ISLAM —— to much higher level. My quotes by America’s Founders defending the country, and guns, were showed to show that the self-defense is still the same irrespective of touchy-feely fools who always find a way to surrender. For decades they have been surrendering everybody else’s guns, and now they will surrender the country to that piece of scum in the White House.

Incidentally, the DPRK always had a knight in armor in Communist China.

Personally, I wish nobody had an atomic bomb but as long as one aggressive nation has one then I suppose that all aggressive nations have an equal right to have one as well. I don't personally see Iran as being more aggressive than China, Russia, Pakistan, Israel, or the USA. If we were to calculate all the aggressive acts committed by the various sovereign nations around the world I would say that Russia, Israel, and the USA would be somewhere near the top of the list and Iran would likely be somewhere near the bottom or middle. But I'm guessing/generalizing.

To DriftingSand: With the exceptions of Communist counties none of America’s nuclear country allies would use nuclear bombs for conquest. Iran will soon join the aggressor nations. Do you trust them not to use nuclear weapons against Israel? In fact, there is no better way than to unite all of Islam in a holy war AFTER Israel is destroyed. Iran wins throughout the Muslim world even if the US defends Israel.

How Bush Let Iran Go Nuclear! Obama hands are tied by Bush's failures.

To Kissmy: That is absurd. Nuclear proliferation began with the Soviet Union.

Note that Taqiyya the Liar’s New START treaty only stopped America’s “nuclear proliferation.”

For the record, Bush the Younger took the war to Islam in Iraq when Iran could have been stopped. Taqiyya & Company not only gave Iran’s nuclear programs a green light, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in Iraq and Afghanistan.

How Bush Let Iran Go Nuclear! Obama hands are tied by Bush's failures.

To Kissmy: That is absurd. Nuclear proliferation began with the Soviet Union.

Note that Taqiyya the Liar’s New START treaty only stopped America’s “nuclear proliferation.”

For the record, Bush the Younger took the war to Islam in Iraq when Iran could have been stopped. Taqiyya & Company not only gave Iran’s nuclear programs a green light, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in Iraq and afghanistan.

:lol: There was never any victory in Iraq, Afghanistan or Iran! You are a total idiot who regurgitates propaghanda lies that cost US $Trillions!

George Bush/ Condoleezza Rice told Iran they could keep running their centrifuges.

Last edited:
:lol: There was never any victory in Iraq, Afghanistan or Iran! You are a total idiot who regurgitates propaghanda lies that cost US $Trillions!

George Bush/ Condoleezza Rice told Iran they could keep running their centrifuges.

To KissMy: Get your facts straight half-wit. The surge won the war in Iraq, and was close to winning it in Afghanistan.

Bush agreed to Iran’s centrifuges for peaceful purposes. Centrifuges was not agreed to for weapons enrichment. The fact that the Iranians went back on their word is the definition of deceit exactly the way Taqiyya the Liar practices it.

Not long ago some speculation identifying Taqiyya as our own Manchurian Candidate was making the rounds. The choices on the following list got some play at the time:

I always thought a Mecca Candidate was a better fit for Taqiyya the Liar. The more I think about it the more I think about the method the fictional character pulled off in The Magic Face was more effective that both a Manchurian Candidate and a Mecca Candidate. So I elaborated a bit on the tie-up:

The major plot flaw was that the fictional Hitler imposter had to fool everybody. Not so with Taqiyya’s physical appearance. His natural appearance and voice never had have to fool anyone.

On the other hand the movie plot never required the fictional Hitler to lie about his political agenda. The Hitler imposter simply repeated the real Hitler’s political ideology stated in Mein Kempt and speeches. That is where Taqiyya differs. He had to lie about his reasons for everything. No easy task when he had to combine Communism and Islam into national policy.

Here is where the bona fide Hitler, and the counterfeit Hitler, found the perfect kindred counterpart in Taqiyya the Liar. Both had no trouble with universal bureaucrats. Bureaucrats obey the leader is the one thing every leader lives by.

The military presented a slightly different problem than did bureaucrats. The genuine Hitler only had a problem when his top military officers tried to assassinate him; so he simply executed them. Taqiyya had to solve his problem by purging officers who were loyal to the Constitution rather than obedient to the president.

Of course, Hitler controlled the press and the radio with an iron hand. Taqiyya does the original magic face one better. He added TV control to the propaganda apparatus. In one day Taqiyya the Liar appears on TV more times than the real Hitler was seen and heard in the 12 years he ran Nazi Germany.

NOTE: The Internet is a problem for the government that evolved before Taqiyya took office, but he is close to eliminating the free speech problem in social media.

Anyway, The Magic Face is an interesting speculation if you want to engage in an exercise that is more fun than anything the media offers.

Forum List

Back