If Dr Ford wants an FBI investigation

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Why doesn’t she file charges against the people threatening her? Threatening a congrsssional witness is a federal crime. The FBI would have to investigate it

She doesn’t want an FBI investigation. She wants to delay the nomination vote. I say to give her the investigation but allow the vote to proceed as originally scheduled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt the FBI will investigate. They refused to investigate the letter DF tried to give them.

This case, if it even happened, is 36 years old. Way past the statute of limitations so even local law enforcement won't investigate it.

That moron should have told her parents and had it on record 36 years ago. That's when it should have been investigated. Not 36 years later.

Its just a she said he said. If they have the votes the Reps should cast the votes and get Kav on the SC. Never mind all this Ford bullshit.

Dr. Ford is an obviously bat-shit crazy lying bitch who belongs in a Nut-House or a Jail Cell.

Why doesn’t she file charges against the people threatening her? Threatening a congrsssional witness is a federal crime. The FBI would have to investigate it

This is my point on this matter…

If it is important enough to warrant an FBI investigation today, it was important enough to warrant a LEO investigation back then. That it wasn’t then makes me think it isn’t now. She could be telling the truth 100%. I don’t know. But the way our society works (or should work) is that if you are violated, you call the police, they handle the matter and justice is served. Does it always happen? No. Of course not. But that she didn’t even take the first step disqualifies her from coming back 35 years later.

Sorry.

If it is important enough to warrant an FBI investigation today, it was important enough to warrant a LEO investigation back then. That it wasn’t then makes me think it isn’t now. She could be telling the truth 100%. I don’t know. But the way our society works (or should work) is that if you are violated, you call the police, they handle the matter and justice is served. Does it always happen? No. Of course not. But that she didn’t even take the first step disqualifies her from coming back 35 years later.

Sorry.

Agreed. Even if there were a crime here, it is well outside of the statute of limitations.

I doubt the FBI will investigate. They refused to investigate the letter DF tried to give them.

This case, if it even happened, is 36 years old. Way past the statute of limitations so even local law enforcement won't investigate it.

That moron should have told her parents and had it on record 36 years ago. That's when it should have been investigated. Not 36 years later.

Its just a she said he said. If they have the votes the Reps should cast the votes and get Kav on the SC. Never mind all this Ford bullshit.

It waasn’t a crime to have a drunken groping session in those days. It wouldn’t even be an assault. She wasn’t raped, or nearly raped. It was at most a drunken make out session that went a little too far, and the police, prosecutors, and courts of that era would have shrugged and moved along. Rape was a crime, and if that had happened, it would have been a big deal, but a near sexual assault, which would be dismissed by any jury of the era, as a misunderstanding that happened due to raging hormones and alcohol, wouldn’t have seen a courtroom.

She's not a congressional witness and the FBI doesn't investigate sex crimes. Nice try.

Sorry.

Agreed. Even if there were a crime here, it is well outside of the statute of limitations.

Well, the SOL is a different matter; thats legal.

What it definitely is in addition to what you wrote is outside the parameters of right and wrong. As I’ve said, if we have a fight at work today and then we go our separate ways, 35 years from now when you are up for a medal of honor, I can’t come back and call it assault if I didn’t pursue the standard and customary channels of justice that are open to me… Not only notification of Law enforcement but a security guard at the office, our boss, etc...

She doesn’t want an FBI investigation. She wants to delay the nomination vote. I say to give her the investigation but allow the vote to proceed as originally scheduled.

Oh I agree that she doesn’t want the FBI investigating it. It’s a political ploy.

I doubt she wants the FBI to investigate threats either, if there are any.

Shame though because I think both parties could support it

Sorry.

Well, the SOL is a different matter; thats legal.

What it definitely is in addition to what you wrote is outside the parameters of right and wrong. As I’ve said, if we have a fight at work today and then we go our separate ways, 35 years from now when you are up for a medal of honor, I can’t come back and call it assault if I didn’t pursue the standard and customary channels of justice that are open to me… Not only notification of Law enforcement but a security guard at the office, our boss, etc...

Lol at your SOL abbreviation... kinda sums it up in a word!

The threats, however, are only days old

Sorry.

The theats are a separate matter though. They allegedly happened days ago

The threats, however, are only days old

Yes they are but why would the FBI investigate threats against her??

I don't think what's going on is in their purvue.

She's not a congressional witness and the FBI doesn't investigate sex crimes. Nice try.

She has been invited by the Senate to testify. How is she not a Congressional witness?

Sorry.

The theats are a separate matter though. They allegedly happened days ago

oops..sorry

She has been invited by the Senate to testify. How is she not a Congressional witness?
Invited.

I’m surprised. I would have thought that conservatives would be demanding she produce evidence of being threatened

Forum List

Back