if democrats keep the whitehouse, eminent domain will be the next "whatever"

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
started with kelo, ends with alinsky...
the new york times did it, the media kept it pretty quiet...

so... i say, going after the bill of rights is next, i remember a day when the liberals used to say and believe in "question authority". i think there was even a bumper sticker... maybe in the sixties.

this is sickening:

The world's most prestigious newspaper wants to build a new home on that block, but Stratford Wallace and the block's other property owners didn't want to sell. Wallace told 60 Minutes that the newspaper never tried to negotiate with him. Instead, The Times teamed up with a major real estate developer, and together they convinced New York State to use eminent domain to force Wallace out. How? By declaring the block blighted.

the new york times and eminent domain - Google Search

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/16/b...eminent-domain-to-halt-foreclosures.html?_r=0

Eminent Domain Fails Again Pathetic Community Benefits From Brooklyn Nets Arena - Hit Run Reason.com

The Truth About Eminent Domain legalzoom.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/r...-30-minute-interview-bruce-c-ratner.html?_r=0

Last edited:
  • Banned
i was a little surprised but very delighted to hear it come up last night.
i think Trump did a good job explaining it, what it is and it's necessity.
if Trump used it illegally, bush should have made his case last night, i made jeb look very weak.

balance of power, i think the supre court made a bad decision, but they are the supreme court so we have to live with it.

The New Eminent Domain

The updated eminent domain law that then-Gov. Jeb Bush signed in May 2006 hasn’t affected a majority of the state’s eminent domain cases. As before, governments can use eminent domain for public uses, such as condemning land to build roads or government facilities, which amount to “90%” of the cases, says Richard Milian, a partner at Broad and Cassel who specializes in eminent domain. “What this prohibits,” he says, “is a government condemning land and then selling it to a Wal-Mart or a private marina.” Mary Solik, a partner at Foley & Lardner in Orlando, who also works in eminent domain, says the new statute has also taken away the ability of community redevelopment agencies to condemn blighted areas tabbed for redevelopment.

Last edited:
if Trump used it illegally, bush should have made his case last night, i made jeb look very weak.

balance of power, i think the supre court made a bad decision, but they are the supreme court so we have to live with it.

The New Eminent Domain

The updated eminent domain law that then-Gov. Jeb Bush signed in May 2006 hasn’t affected a majority of the state’s eminent domain cases. As before, governments can use eminent domain for public uses, such as condemning land to build roads or government facilities, which amount to “90%” of the cases, says Richard Milian, a partner at Broad and Cassel who specializes in eminent domain. “What this prohibits,” he says, “is a government condemning land and then selling it to a Wal-Mart or a private marina.” Mary Solik, a partner at Foley & Lardner in Orlando, who also works in eminent domain, says the new statute has also taken away the ability of community redevelopment agencies to condemn blighted areas tabbed for redevelopment.

What Trump seems to no understand is the federal government doesn't have a right of eminent domain in States. US territories are a different story.

• Banned

The New Eminent Domain

What Trump seems to no understand is the federal government doesn't have a right of eminent domain in States. US territories are a different story.
susette kelo takes comfort in that, something like thirty states changed their laws, but it's like weed, the fed and constitution reign. the supreme court is where this buck stopped.

The New Eminent Domain

susette kelo takes comfort in that, something like thirty states changed their laws, but it's like weed, the fed and constitution reign. the supreme court is where this buck stopped.

The court did nothing but uphold the 10th Amendment, if you notice every example in the thread so far indicate actions by States or localities. If the people of the States want their laws changed, they have every right to do it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back