If Boeing was smart

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
If Boeing was smart they would cancel the quote for the new air force one fleet as requested by Trump and up it by 20% if Trump tries to get it back. Look at Trumps options for updating... American company Boeing or foreign company Airbus... Can you imagine the blowback if Trump outsources the construction?

I have no problem with Trump negotiating a better price/deal with Boeing, but he needs to be very careful how he using the public forum to gain leverage... it could bite him in the ass.

Trump has stock in Boeing!! :lol:
And he's not really gonna cancel jack shite.

Boeing has a planning contract that cannot be rescinded because Boeing hasn't done anything wrong. Trump maybe can get some cost overrun protections to an actual contract for the two planes, but if after plans are agreed and a contract for construction is completed, any changes proposed by the gummit won't be boeing's responsibility.

If Boeing was smart they would cancel the quote for the new air force one fleet as requested by Trump and up it by 20% if Trump tries to get it back. Look at Trumps options for updating... American company Boeing or foreign company Airbus... Can you imagine the blowback if Trump outsources the construction?

I have no problem with Trump negotiating a better price/deal with Boeing, but he needs to be very careful how he using the public forum to gain leverage... it could bite him in the ass.

The plane could be downsized. No need for a press room, for example. Let the press get their own asses where they want to go.

Boeing has a planning contract that cannot be rescinded because Boeing hasn't done anything wrong. Trump maybe can get some cost overrun protections to an actual contract for the two planes, but if after plans are agreed and a contract for construction is completed, any changes proposed by the gummit won't be boeing's responsibility.
So you've read the contract and know exactly how it will be handled?

The president doesn't negotiate plane prices moron, that would be Congress.

The plane could be downsized. No need for a press room, for example. Let the press get their own asses where they want to go.

The leftist press guys know how to svck sum deck to get what they want.

Im sure there are many things that could happen. And there is no doubt that government spending and waste go hand in hand... My point is there is danger in taking this to the public forum via twitter to gain leverage like Trump did. Seems hasty...

Good info... Why do you think the Trump surrogates are telling the news outlets that his tweet and comments are negotiation starting points to get a better price on the deal?

Im sure there are many things that could happen. And there is no doubt that government spending and waste go hand in hand... My point is there is danger in taking this to the public forum via twitter to gain leverage like Trump did. Seems hasty...

Not hasty at all. Just using the Bully Pulpit as TR did.

If you were smart you wouldn't put up such a stupid post. Trump already has enormous leverage with Boeing since the Air Force currently has several multibillion dollar open ended contracts with Boeing to develop new air craft, contracts that could be switched to other companies if Boeing behaves as stupidly as you recommend.

So you've read the contract and know exactly how it will be handled?
Unlike you, I google

Trump’s tweet claimed the cost of the new Air Force One fleet would be $4 billion, but it’s not clear what that figure refers to. In January, the U.S. Air Force awarded Boeing a preliminary contract worth $25.8 million, Reuters reported. Further details about a full contract have not been released, but the Air Force previously designated $1.65 billion for two Air Force One replacement jets, according to Reuters.

Boeing, whose shares fell slightly after Trump’s tweet, released a statement Tuesday about its work on Air Force One.

“We are currently under contract for $170 million to help determine the capabilities of these complex military aircraft that serve the unique requirements of the President of the United States,” spokesman Todd Blecher said in a statement. “We look forward to working with the U.S. Air Force on subsequent phases of the program allowing us to deliver the best planes for the President at the best value for the American taxpayer.”

Trump’s transition team did not immediately respond to a request for more information.

Donald Trump Wants to Cancel Boeing's Air Force One Contract

Good info... Why do you think the Trump surrogates are telling the news outlets that his tweet and comments are negotiation starting points to get a better price on the deal?

NEWS FLASH - Because they are.

Not hasty at all. Just using the Bully Pulpit as TR did.
Thats exactly what he seems to be doing... I say it is hasty because we it doesn't sound like he has spent anytime trying to work on this deal privately with Boeing before hitting the pulpit, and as I pointed out in the OP, this could be dangerous.

If you were smart you wouldn't put up such a stupid post. Trump already has enormous leverage with Boeing since the Air Force currently has several multibillion dollar open ended contracts with Boeing to develop new air craft, contracts that could be switched to other companies if Boeing behaves as stupidly as you recommend.
I'll respond like you've been responding to my posts as of late... You are just a Trump loving, neocon liar!

I'll respond like you've been responding to my posts as of late... You are just a Trump loving, neocon liar!
So you are acknowledging how stupid your post was. Good for you! Keep it up and you may even learn to like telling the truth in time.

So you are acknowledging how stupid your post was. Good for you! Keep it up and you may even learn to like telling the truth in time.
Trump humpin liar! Why do you lie?

Forum List

Back