If American Citizens Pay,Should They Have A Say?...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Well it looks like Egypt and Libya will be instituting Sharia Law in their nations. Obviously this upsets most American Citizens though. Some say we shouldn't have any say in what these nations do while others say we should absolutely have a say. We did pay for their "Revolutions" after all. So should American Citizens just pay up and then shut up or should they demand these nations not institute Sharia Law? What say you all?

Well it looks like Egypt and Libya will be instituting Sharia Law in their nations. Obviously this upsets most American Citizens though. Some say we shouldn't have any say in what these nations do while others say we should absolutely have a say. We did pay for their "Revolutions" after all. So should American Citizens just pay up and then shut up or should they demand these nations not institute Sharia Law? What say you all?

I don't know if we can stop them from instituting Sharia law but I really think American money needs to come with conditions, if we give Egypt a billion dollars a year maybe they can do us a favor and not butcher their Christians and keep the peace with Israel? and hey Saudi Arabia how about you stop hacking off limbs for petty offences if you want to keep us selling you Military weapons and giving your officers our training here in the US? I don't know its just a thought, if Russia was giving us billions of dollars a year you could bet your ass they would want a say in our policies.

I don't know if we can stop them from instituting Sharia law but I really think American money needs to come with conditions, if we give Egypt a billion dollars a year maybe they can do us a favor and not butcher their Christians and keep the peace with Israel? and hey Saudi Arabia how about you stop hacking off limbs for petty offences if you want to keep us selling you Military weapons and giving your officers our training here in the US? I don't know its just a thought, if Russia was giving us billions of dollars a year you could bet your ass they would want a say in our policies.

Well said. Yea i was against this war but if we're gonna pay for these wars we should have a say in what goes on in these nations. American Citizens have the right to demand no Sharia Law and no more slaughtering Christians. I don't subscibe to the 'pay up and then shut up' theory. We are forced to pay for these farces therefore we have the right to make demands. Thanks for your wise reply.

Well said. Yea i was against this war but if we're gonna pay for these wars we should have a say in what goes on in these nations. American Citizens have the right to demand no Sharia Law and no more slaughtering Christians. I don't subscibe to the 'pay up and then shut up' theory. We are forced to pay for these farces therefore we have the right to make demands. Thanks for your wise reply.

No problem, if we are pouring billions of dollars into these countries and giving them access to our arms and Military training we definently should have a say in what goes on over there because this is basically like an investment, like a father paying for his son to go to college. Your fucking right the father has a right to see his sons report cards, know what his major is and make sure the son has his shit together.

No.

And we should stop funding foreign militaries, bases, and all sorts of crap.

Gravy train has got to stop.

We had a say when we elected the incoherent Obama administration which apparently thinks assassination is a viable foreign policy. It was the intent of the Obama administration to promote a unified muslem front. Now we are stuck with it.

We had a say when we elected the incoherent Obama administration which apparently thinks assassination is a viable foreign policy. It was the intent of the Obama administration to promote a unified muslem front. Now we are stuck with it.

So you support foreign terrorists and their ability to carry out operations to kill Americans, right?

This is the Military Industrial Complex that we were warned about. When your economy is dependent on Defense Contracts you need perpetual war. Those Sharia gov'ts being set up with our help now will be our enemies later.

Bush started it, Obama continues it yet all we hear is "Gotta' vote Obama out! Get a Republican in there! That'll solve everything!"

Bullshit! They work for the same fuckin' team that supports perpetual war.

C'mon people, why else would hugely flawed people like Bush and Obama become our Presidents? Because they're easily manipulated that's why.

I take it y'all have Masters in International Relations, and a few decades of experience, understanding the relationships between countries, right?

No.

Ok. Got it. You know jack shit. But don't let that stop you spouting off. :lol:

We paid for these changes in power? Are you nuts, America loves stability in other nations, it works the best for corporate profits.

And we have the religious right in this nation attempting to institute their laws on women and others, how is it you find that different?

Iraq too will include Sharia law is that OK? That one we did pay for.

"Sharia, or Islamic law, influences the legal code in most Muslim countries. A movement to allow sharia to govern personal status law, a set of regulations that pertain to marriage, divorce, inheritance, and custody, is even expanding into the West. "There are so many varying interpretations of what sharia actually means that in some places it can be incorporated into political systems relatively easily," says Steven A. Cook, CFR senior fellow for Middle Eastern studies. Sharia's influence on both personal status law and criminal law is highly controversial, though. Some interpretations are used to justify cruel punishments such as amputation and stoning as well as unequal treatment of women in inheritance, dress, and independence. The debate is growing as to whether sharia can coexist with secularism, democracy, or even modernity." Islam: Governing Under Sharia - Council on Foreign Relations

I take it y'all have Masters in International Relations, and a few decades of experience, understanding the relationships between countries, right?

No.

oh please,,,, so what if we don't know jack shit? it's a free country and we can discuss what we like. we're sick and tired of sending foreign aid and getting the "phuck ewe finger" in return.. what's so hard about that?

We paid for these changes in power? Are you nuts, America loves stability in other nations, it works the best for corporate profits.

And we have the religious right in this nation attempting to institute their laws on women and others, how is it you find that different?

Iraq too will include Sharia law is that OK? That one we did pay for.

"Sharia, or Islamic law, influences the legal code in most Muslim countries. A movement to allow sharia to govern personal status law, a set of regulations that pertain to marriage, divorce, inheritance, and custody, is even expanding into the West. "There are so many varying interpretations of what sharia actually means that in some places it can be incorporated into political systems relatively easily," says Steven A. Cook, CFR senior fellow for Middle Eastern studies. Sharia's influence on both personal status law and criminal law is highly controversial, though. Some interpretations are used to justify cruel punishments such as amputation and stoning as well as unequal treatment of women in inheritance, dress, and independence. The debate is growing as to whether sharia can coexist with secularism, democracy, or even modernity." Islam: Governing Under Sharia - Council on Foreign Relations

that's just cockamaimeee bullshit.

No.

oh please,,,, so what if we don't know jack shit? it's a free country and we can discuss what we like. we're sick and tired of sending foreign aid and getting the "phuck ewe finger" in return.. what's so hard about that?

Study your history. Work out what happened last time we withdrew from the world. Then tell me your opinions are more than the babbling of the naive.

Trying to tell other countries what to do has always been wrong. We have NEVER succeeded. Libya should run itself, who are we to tell them what to do what with all the problems we have.

No.

Study your history. Work out what happened last time we withdrew from the world. Then tell me your opinions are more than the babbling of the naive.

why can't we interact with the world without trying to buy them off. one of the basics I learned in my early life is you simply cannot buy friends. Don't believe that? Take a close look at Pakistan and Afghanistan whydonchya?

Last edited:
Trying to tell other countries what to do has always been wrong. We have NEVER succeeded. Libya should run itself, who are we to tell them what to do what with all the problems we have.

we shouldn't, we should not have intervened in any way what so ever. NONE.

No.

I happen to have a master in international business with about 40 years of experience all over the world. We have no business telling any other country what to do. We have failed every time. If people think we can crawl in a hole and act like the rest of the world does not exist, if you think it is bad now it will get dramatically worse quick.

I happen to have a master in international business with about 40 years of experience all over the world. We have no business telling any other country what to do. We have failed every time. If people think we can crawl in a hole and act like the rest of the world does not exist, if you think it is bad now it will get dramatically worse quick.

We should not crawl in a hole. We shouldn't try to buy their loyalty and friendship either. That doesn't work. As well you know.

We have been trying to buy friends since at least WWII and it has never worked. I heard today that a lot of the tarp money went to foreign countries, how does that help our unemployment. I bet it helped some big campaign contributors on both sides. Congress is corrupt and Barry is clueless and the rest of us had better get it right in 2012 or we are in big trouble.

No.

Wow, what great insight you bring! :rolleyes:

Why would I need a Masters in anything to see what's right in front of my face?

See, this is why the Liberals here just dismiss whatever you say.

Forum List

Back