If a person goes to sleep with a blocked nose, they will die of suffocation. I have a bad cold - how do I prevent myself from falling asleep?

My grandma had a remedy that cured everything.
1: light the front burner on the gas range.
2: fill your mouth with water-do not swallow.
3: sit your ass on the burner.
4: when the water in your mouth boils, you will be cured.

Please take it seriously.

What seems like a simple blocked nose can be deadly serious sleep apnea. See a doctor; if a sleep study is recommended go for it as quickly as possible.

Just some of the way it kills:

Sudden death while asleep - often by a heart attack going unnoticed bye victim but listed in "cause of death" as a major heart attack so not blamed on sleep apnea.

Long term heart damage.

Falling asleep in dangerous situations - commonly while driving or perhaps at work.

Please take it seriously.

What seems like a simple blocked nose can be deadly serious sleep apnea. See a doctor; if a sleep study is recommended go for it as quickly as possible.

Just some of the way it kills:

Sudden death while asleep - often by a heart attack going unnoticed bye victim but listed in "cause of death" as a major heart attack so not blamed on sleep apnea.

Long term heart damage.

Falling asleep in dangerous situations - commonly while driving or perhaps at work.
The poster already said they have a bad cold in the thread title.

Mucinex, Theraflu, etc. can help. Sleep with your head elevated. Sometimes Breathe Rite strips help. Stay away from tampons.

You will automatically breathe through your mouth and will wake up thirsty. How long does it take a freaking human being to understand basic science like this?
Not when you're asleep, apparently:

Not when you're asleep, apparently:

We've asked for other cases like this and you apparently cant find any.
Why? Because it just doesnt happen.
As I mentioned earlier if this was an issue people would be dying constantly yet we never hear about it.

We've asked for other cases like this and you apparently cant find any.
Why? Because it just doesnt happen.
As I mentioned earlier if this was an issue people would be dying constantly yet we never hear about it.
It does happen, though. Maybe other cases have happened they just haven't been reported. Not everything that happens gets into the news.

The Mark Gleeson case proves that it does happen.

Forum List

Back