Identical twins, one gay, one ain't

I've already made several comments showing twins with different tendencies and preferences. You said you wanted to stick to "science", so again, please explain how you came to the conclusion that hormones were not a factor? Because the girls LOOK alike?

Can you answer about the one who is a lefty? Or the one wants to play hockey and the other prefers figure skating? What about taste in food, taste in music, taste in LOVE?

And then there's the question, so what are you driving at here?

Is your predisposition to prove gays should be treated as second class citizens, genetic or not? :eusa_angel:

I don't think hormones were a factor because they both developed in the same womb, and both grew up with similar interests. "Looks" are certainly an indication of health and equivalence in other areas. No doubt their personalities are different- I can't attest to that since I've only met the gay twin once- but that is the basis for my argument that the gay twin wasn't born gay.

Again, my discussion here will be limited as previously stated.

"Again, I'm going to limit my discussion of the scientific facts here, that in this case, the gay twin could not have been born that way."

Heh, or couldn't it be that the straight twin could not have been born that way?

Anyway, it's an interesting case because how very similar their genetics and formative environments were. It's a compelling piece of evidence for the theory that sexual orientation is or can be determined mainly through free will, independent of both nature and nurture.

It isn't exactly ironclad, though, since neither their genetics nor experiences were completely identical, not to mention that it's isolated and anecdotal. Interesting nonetheless; thanks for sharing it.

:lol:

What is it that makes you predisposed to such gracious rationality, kind sir? :clap2:

"Again, I'm going to limit my discussion of the scientific facts here, that in this case, the gay twin could not have been born that way."

Heh, or couldn't it be that the straight twin could not have been born that way?

Anyway, it's an interesting case because how very similar their genetics and formative environments were. It's a compelling piece of evidence for the theory that sexual orientation is or can be determined mainly through free will, independent of both nature and nurture.

It isn't exactly ironclad, though, since neither their genetics nor experiences were completely identical, not to mention that it's isolated and anecdotal. Interesting nonetheless; thanks for sharing it.
You're welcome. I appreciate your obviously open-minded thoughts.

Its been a good year this year. Its been snowing a lot in the mountains and sunny warm days when it isn't. Its been in 70s most of this week in Denver and snowing on the west side of the divide. Its totally gnar, er, whatever, dude!

Now back to the argument!

You state that homosexuality isn't genetic. Okay. You may be right. If so, what do you think should happen? What are the further reaching ramifications if your statement is correct?

This is the best winter in the South in my memory. Last Sunday we had 10" of snow, and 1/2 of that while I was skiing. I'm thinking of going to Copper next November.

Again, I would like to keep my comments on ramifications out of this particular thread. Everyone should know my political positions anyway, and I don't want to derail this discussion.

This is the best winter in the South in my memory. Last Sunday we had 10" of snow, and 1/2 of that while I was skiing. I'm thinking of going to Copper next November.

Yeah, that's right. You guys just got slammed! Then what the hell are doing on this forum! You should be out in the powder! Enjoy it before it melts, man!

Again, I would like to keep my comments on ramifications out of this particular thread. Everyone should know my political positions anyway, and I don't want to derail this discussion.

Someone explain to me how this is possible, if homosexuality is a genetic trait.

My questions and comments were relevant to the OP, but okay.

Let me ask you this, glockmail. Before you were married, did you have a preference in women? A certain "type" that you're attracted to? I'm not talking just about physicality, but personalty too. Assuming yes, do you think you consciously chose to have such a preference or it was just some natural instinct you found yourself responding to?

Last edited:
Yeah, that's right. You guys just got slammed! Then what the hell are doing on this forum! You should be out in the powder! Enjoy it before it melts, man!
Tragically, my wife had to work Monday, and the roads were full of snow and abandoned cars, so I had to drive her home. School was canceled Monday and Tuesday, so I offered to take the kids back up to go skiing, and they didn't want to get up early and go. Spoiled little bastards. I've skied deep fresh powder exactly two runs in my entire life, and these little shits don't want to get their asses out of bed to experience it. So now we're going back up Friday night to enjoy mashed potato skiing this weekend with temperatures in the 50s. :hmpf:

Tragically, my wife had to work Monday, and the roads were full of snow and abandoned cars, so I had to drive her home. School was canceled Monday and Tuesday, so I offered to take the kids back up to go skiing, and they didn't want to get up early and go. Spoiled little bastards. I've skied deep fresh powder exactly two runs in my entire life, and these little shits don't want to get their asses out of bed to experience it. So now we're going back up Friday night to enjoy mashed potato skiing this weekend with temperatures in the 50s. :hmpf:

Bummer.:( Better than nothing, I suppose. Your kids don't know what they're missing. You oughta get'em outta bed Clint-in-Heartbreak Ridge style!

My questions and comments were relevant to the OP, but okay.

Let me ask you this, glockmail. Do you have a preference in women? A certain "type" that you're attracted to? I'm not talking just about physicality, but personalty too. Assuming yes, do you think you consciously chose to have such a preference or it was just some natural instinct you found yourself responding to?

Please point out to me how cuz I'm not seeing it.

Although I can see that you are bound and determined to derail this....

My "type" is tall or short, black, brown, yellow or white, average to well above average intelligence, perky to cerebral..... Seriously, throughout my life I've found many, many different "types" of woman to be attractive. The ones that paid attention are the ones that I went out with. I think most guys are like that.

Bummer.:( Better than nothing, I suppose. Your kids don't know what they're missing. You oughta get'em outta bed Clint-in-Heartbreak Ridge style!
Believe me, I do at least with my son. We have skied every weekend except two this winter, plus school holidays. I have a cabin close by and we're lucky to be close enough so that we only have to get up at 6:30, and we're on the hill at 8 or so. He sleeps in the open loft so I'll start breakfast and if he's not seated at the table by 8:45 I start cranking the stereo- and I know just which tunes he hates.

Aaah ... see, he doesn't deny it. Fact is flaming gay men LOVE butch men, so much that it's usually what's hanging on their walls at night. I know a ton of them in love with Clint Eastwood.

Anyway, your question was answered...twins share the same dna, but they aren't exact duplicates. So it is possible that sexual orientation is genetic.

Why you care so much is anyone's guess...

Aaah ... see, he doesn't deny it. Fact is flaming gay men LOVE butch men, so much that it's usually what's hanging on their walls at night. I know a ton of them in love with Clint Eastwood.

True, but even straight men love Clint Eastwood. Who doesn't?

Believe me, I do at least with my son. We have skied every weekend except two this winter, plus school holidays. I have a cabin close by and we're lucky to be close enough so that we only have to get up at 6:30, and we're on the hill at 8 or so. He sleeps in the open loft so I'll start breakfast and if he's not seated at the table by 8:45 I start cranking the stereo- and I know just which tunes he hates.

Ha!

Well, at least you can get'em out on the slopes. That's what matters.

Argumentum ad ignorantiam; Argumentum ad hominem

Argumentum ad ignorantiam; Argumentum ad hominem

Still ... not denying it ... just come right out and say you fantasize about man love with Clint and get it over with.

Forum List

Back