Ideas for fixing minimum wage.

Minimum wage has nothing to do with the consumer price index and minimum wage is not meant to be a freaking career choice. Why should mom and pop stores be compelled to pay a shelf stocker more than the freaking job is worth? The unintended consequences to raising the M.W. is that small businesses will fire minimum wage people, invest in robotics and sweep the floors themselves.
If the job is worth doing it's worth doing by someone who can support themselves with more than a cot and slop. Working needs to come with a reward, and simply surviving isn't a reward.

Minimum wage has nothing to do with the consumer price index and minimum wage is not meant to be a freaking career choice. Why should mom and pop stores be compelled to pay a shelf stocker more than the freaking job is worth? The unintended consequences to raising the M.W. is that small businesses will fire minimum wage people, invest in robotics and sweep the floors themselves.

I suspect that many of them will go out of business. It's hard enough to compete with the Walmarts and Amazons as it is, but throw in the higher labor costs and it gets damn near impossible. And for some small businesses, it's enough to just close up shop because the investment in time and money just isn't worth it.
who cares if we lose low wage jobs. they are a drag on our economy.

Bums like you are a drag on our economy.

I suspect that many of them will go out of business. It's hard enough to compete with the Walmarts and Amazons as it is, but throw in the higher labor costs and it gets damn near impossible. And for some small businesses, it's enough to just close up shop because the investment in time and money just isn't worth it.
who cares if we lose low wage jobs. they are a drag on our economy.

I've heard some stupid things, but that's a topper.

Why would you want to compete with Walmart and Amazon? You jump on Amazon's partner program and get worldwide distributorship.

Low wages are not a drag on our economy, low wage earners are.

And clearly who you're wanting to target. Your main concern seems to be people who are willing to do the same work as you for less, right? You want to make them criminals.

If the job is worth doing it's worth doing by someone who can support themselves with more than a cot and slop. Working needs to come with a reward, and simply surviving isn't a reward.

So, maybe someone wants to do a job that isn't worth doing, by your standards. Why should that be illegal?

So, maybe someone wants to do a job that isn't worth doing, by your standards. Why should that be illegal?
Good point.
But why should I be forced to work for those wages simply because I can't find a better job due to the influx of no skill wage earners across the border.

Good point.
But why should I be forced to work for those wages simply because I can't find a better job due to the influx of no skill wage earners across the border.

I don't think you should be forced to work at all.

I don’t recall making the argument that there are no downsides.

Then what are they?!?!? Why the evasion?

What do you think they are?

More evasion? I've been clear - I think minimum wage causes unemployment and inflation. You deny that, which is fine, but you seem to think it has some downside. Is it just some kind of gut feeling? Can you be more specific?

I guess not.

Your thoughts have been shown to be inaccurate as multiple municipalities and states have minimum wages about the FMW without the layoffs and inflation. It's not a "gut feeling", it's an analysis based on fact.

But please ask "why" again Timmy...

I don’t recall making the argument that there are no downsides.

More evasion? I've been clear - I think minimum wage causes unemployment and inflation. You deny that, which is fine, but you seem to think it has some downside. Is it just some kind of gut feeling? Can you be more specific?

I guess not.

Your thoughts have been shown to be inaccurate as multiple municipalities and states have minimum wages about the FMW without the layoffs and inflation. It's not a "gut feeling", it's an analysis based on fact.

So, still just playing dodgem, eh?

Good point.

Then what good are you? What purpose do you serve? Why should society work to support you? What have you done to deserve their support?
Somebody has to work so you live, you can't just walk through the Garden of Eden and pluck sustenance from the trees.

Good point.

Then what good are you? What purpose do you serve? Why should society work to support you? What have you done to deserve their support?
Somebody has to work so you live, you can't just walk through the Garden of Eden and pluck sustenance from the trees.

OK.

Good point.

OK.
?

I guess not.

Still not accepting the facts as they directly contradict your self-entitled "assumptions", eh?

I guess not.

Still not accepting the facts as they directly contradict your self-entitled "assumptions", eh?

I'm just trying to understand your views. Why don't you want to raise minimum wage to something meaningful? You hinted earlier that there were downsides, but apparently you don't want to say what they are.

I guess not.

I'm just trying to understand your views. Why don't you want to raise minimum wage to something meaningful? You hinted earlier that there were downsides, but apparently you don't want to say what they are.

For the fifth time, a 30% raise in pay is meaningful. Not many people have ever gotten a 30% raise at the same job.

But please ask "why again Timmy....

I guess not.

For the fifth time, a 30% raise in pay is meaningful. Not many people have ever gotten a 30% raise at the same job.

Have you ever tried to raise a family on $15/hr? If your goal is to force wages that will give working people a decent standard of living, it needs to be closer to $30/hr. I'm just asking, why not go for that? Or even more? But you cannot, will not, answer. Is it something embarrassing? Why the games?

Have you ever tried to raise a family on $15/hr? If your goal is to force wages that will give working people a decent standard of living, it needs to be closer to $30/hr. I'm just asking, why not go for that? Or even more? But you cannot, will not, answer. Is it something embarrassing? Why the games?

Actually yes I did. Wasn't that difficult but I may have had unique circumstances.

My thinking is to get the MW to $10 an hour over 3-5 years. That is a 30% increase or so in the current wage of $7 and some change. A 30% raise over 3 years is a 10% average per year. This is probably a yearly increase of 4-5X what most normally get.

Your arguments are idiotic but keep making them. Nobody is playing games with you although you're quite entertaining in this manic push you have to get me to answer a question based on your assumptions which have been proven false.

My assumption is that the Sun is exactly the right climate to set up a colony. So tell me why we shouldn't colonize the sun. Does my assumption hold water? No. Neither does yours.

Your arguments are idiotic but keep making them.
I'm not even making any arguments! I gave up on that a several pages ago. Now I'm just trying to get some kind of clarity on your position. But you can't, or won't, even answer a simple fucking question.

Forum List

Back