Idaho Rep. Votes Against Kindergarten Funding As It Helps Mothers 'Come Out of the Home'

Wow I never thought that in 2021 I would read such an article and people would be so backward that they don't even know what is happening in their state.

According to the article 65% of children under 8 in Idaho have both parents in the workforce.

This isn't the 1950s. This is 2021. We live in a society that doesn't allow only one parent to work. Especially when the minimum wage is only 7.25 an hour. Young parents don't have the luxury to not work.

This hurts children and parents.

Never underestimate the stupidity of Republicans.

Given your inability or refusal to engage, Soy Boy you'd be wise to sit down

It's nobody's business how parents choose to raise their children, keep your nose out of it and cease making it political

Obviously you didn't or you wouldn't have asked that stupid question.
Its not a stupid question

someone you dont know said it was so and the lib reporter used it in the story

thats basically hearsay

which does not mean the number is wrong

but it is unverified

According to the article 65% of children under 8 in Idaho have both parents in the workforce.
How do you know that number is accurate?

Did you read the article I posted in the OP?

Obviously you didn't or you wouldn't have asked that stupid question.

Stop being so lazy. Read the article.

He probably doesn't read loon sites. Smart guy given what it's done to you

Wow I never thought that in 2021 I would read such an article and people would be so backward that they don't even know what is happening in their state.

This isn't the 1950s. This is 2021. We live in a society that doesn't allow only one parent to work. Especially when the minimum wage is only 7.25 an hour. Young parents don't have the luxury to not work.

Conservatives have always been clueless when it comes to the reality of life in the United States.

The Baby Boomers grew up watching TV shows like "Leave It To Beaver", "I Love Lucy", "The Donna Reed Show", etc. These are now the people that have, for some time, been running the United States' corporations and federal, state, and local governments. They cater to the unrealistic memories their fellow boomers hold dear, and those of the subsequent generations also raised on these same TV shows, but by the reruns, which hammered away at them every afternoon and weekends.

So, for the conservatives, with their generations of dismissive attitude towards education and the educated, their view of the ideal life for the American family still requires wives to stay at home, immaculately dressed. and in a model home. After all, in the good old days, when America was truly great, no one worried about income inequality, unless the week's plot had Dad facing money problems, which were long forgotten by next week's episode.

This is the reality the trump Nazis see in their distorted and demented mental picture of what the twenty-first century, white, American family should be. With all the trappings and minor problems faced by TV families, but without the people of color, the working poor, the homeless, etc., and the progressives trying to solve these problems, which have imposed themselves on the right-wingers' conservative utopia since the 1960s.

The trump Nazis have become so detached from reality, they want to return to the wonderful years the folks in Nazi Germany enjoyed under Hitler's rule, but with the protection of the U.S. Constitution reserved for themselves, alone. (Especially, the Second Amendment, to keep the people of color, the working poor, the homeless, etc., and the progressives trying to solve these problems, out of their conservative utopia. It was the a$$hole trump's promise to them, because that's the (unattainable) reality that would make America great, for the right-wingers... again.)

They suffer from EDA - Extreme Demographic Anxiety. They see black and brown folks (along with Progs) as a threat. Someone is always out to "take their stuff" or vote for a candidate they don't approve of. If one isn't straight, white, and conservative - they're wrongly perceived as a threat.

Trump's promise was a return to the 1950s. Those of us living in the real world know that the carefree days of Wally and The Beav won't be returning anytime soon.

701e8494d549223b94e523b912893319.jpg

The thing is, that world never existed in reality.

It only existed on TV.

The economics that created the 1950s was high taxes on high wages, high taxes on unearned income, support for unions and the working class and properly regulating business.

The civil rights movement was reborn in the 1950s too. Brown v. The Board of Education was ruled in the 1950s. Desegregation started in the 1950s. The freedom rides, the Montgomery bus boycott happened in the 1950s.

I could go on.

The republicans have a very distorted view of the 1950s. And that view is wrong.

The republicans want don't want to live the 1950s.

The republicans want to live the fictitious lie that was on TVs in the 1950s.

Conservatives have always been clueless when it comes to the reality of life in the United States.

The Baby Boomers grew up watching TV shows like "Leave It To Beaver", "I Love Lucy", "The Donna Reed Show", etc. These are now the people that have, for some time, been running the United States' corporations and federal, state, and local governments. They cater to the unrealistic memories their fellow boomers hold dear, and those of the subsequent generations also raised on these same TV shows, but by the reruns, which hammered away at them every afternoon and weekends.

So, for the conservatives, with their generations of dismissive attitude towards education and the educated, their view of the ideal life for the American family still requires wives to stay at home, immaculately dressed. and in a model home. After all, in the good old days, when America was truly great, no one worried about income inequality, unless the week's plot had Dad facing money problems, which were long forgotten by next week's episode.

This is the reality the trump Nazis see in their distorted and demented mental picture of what the twenty-first century, white, American family should be. With all the trappings and minor problems faced by TV families, but without the people of color, the working poor, the homeless, etc., and the progressives trying to solve these problems, which have imposed themselves on the right-wingers' conservative utopia since the 1960s.

The trump Nazis have become so detached from reality, they want to return to the wonderful years the folks in Nazi Germany enjoyed under Hitler's rule, but with the protection of the U.S. Constitution reserved for themselves, alone. (Especially, the Second Amendment, to keep the people of color, the working poor, the homeless, etc., and the progressives trying to solve these problems, out of their conservative utopia. It was the a$$hole trump's promise to them, because that's the (unattainable) reality that would make America great, for the right-wingers... again.)

They suffer from EDA - Extreme Demographic Anxiety. They see black and brown folks (along with Progs) as a threat. Someone is always out to "take their stuff" or vote for a candidate they don't approve of. If one isn't straight, white, and conservative - they're wrongly perceived as a threat.

Trump's promise was a return to the 1950s. Those of us living in the real world know that the carefree days of Wally and The Beav won't be returning anytime soon.

It only existed on TV.

The economics that created the 1950s was high taxes on high wages, high taxes on unearned income, support for unions and the working class and properly regulating business.

The civil rights movement was reborn in the 1950s too. Brown v. The Board of Education was ruled in the 1950s. Desegregation started in the 1950s. The freedom rides, the Montgomery bus boycott happened in the 1950s.

I could go on.

The republicans have a very distorted view of the 1950s. And that view is wrong.

Your view is based on MSM BS.

You're all worked up over statues and monuments? Now you're an Econ expert? Gimme a break

It only existed on TV.

I could go on.

Great points. I had a pretty idyllic childhood I guess. We were somewhere between middle and upper middle class. Siblings and I had everything we needed as kids in the 60s, if not everything we wanted. I don't think we were unlike Father Knows Best.

But we were also insulated from a lot of the horrible stuff that was going on at that time such as the war in Vietnam. I was too little really to grasp the horror of the assassinations of JFK and MLK. It really wasn't until middle school that I started learning about some of the turmoil that was going on when I was younger and the cruelty in the world.

My parents taught me to respect women. I honestly didn't see color, playing hoops in high school in college on teams that were at least half black. Donald's Daddy obviously didn't share those values with his son.

It only existed on TV.

I could go on.

Great points. I had a pretty idyllic childhood I guess. We were somewhere between middle and upper middle class. Siblings and I had everything we needed as kids in the 60s, if not everything we wanted. I don't think we were unlike Father Knows Best.

But we were also insulated from a lot of the horrible stuff that was going on at that time such as the war in Vietnam. I was too little really to grasp the horror of the assassinations of JFK and MLK. It really wasn't until middle school that I started learning about some of the turmoil that was going on when I was younger and the cruelty in the world.

My parents taught me to respect women. I honestly didn't see color, playing hoops in high school in college on teams that were at least half black. Donald's Daddy obviously didn't share those values with his son.

I grew up in the 60s in a middle class to upper middle class family and environment.

I went to school with the children of the mayor, the governor and senators. Which is why I didn't vote for them when I became old enough to vote. Anyone who raised kids like that had no business in our government.

I also grew up with the Vietnam war on TV. With it in school and even in my neighborhood. Two older brothers of my friends were in that war. One lived directly across the street on the west side of the street. The other directly on the north side of the street. We all lived in the corner houses of the street. Both of the brothers who went to Vietnam were named Michael. They were big brothers to me when I was growing up. One of the Michaels joined the Navy. The other was drafted into the Army. I never understood why that Michael actually joined. I talked about it with the brother of that Michael who was close to Michael's age. He tried to explain it to me but to this day, I still don't understand beyond it was a family thing. His dad was in the Navy during WW II.

That Michael came home safe and sound in one piece.

The other one. One day we got the news that he had stepped on a landmine. We didn't know if he was alive or not at first. All we knew was he stepped on a landmine. That Michael was also a big brother to me. We later found out he was alive and would be coming home. He didn't come home safe and sound in one piece.

The deaths of Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. were not just on the TV but in my home. In my school. It was a huge deal in school. Both deaths. And also in my home with my parents.

I was raised in Seattle in the 1960s and 70s. Near the University District and Lake Washington. My parents were nothing but graduated students in business clothes. My babysitters were hippies. My parents had already graduated from college by the time students started to rise up against the war. They were just graduated students in business clothes.

I was raised by liberals from a generation that didn't have many liberals in it. They were the depression baby generation. But they were raised by liberals of the adults of their generation. If you said FDR around my parents or grandparents you would have immediately heard either "He saved us all" or "He saved the world."

So I grew up in that middle class to upper middle class but wasn't actually raised by people who had the beliefs of the adults of that class in that time. I wasn't totally sheltered from the reality of our world at the time.

Yes, I had a very different childhood. LOL. I didn't know it at the time.

Last edited:

It only existed on TV.

I could go on.

I grew up in the 60s in a middle class to upper middle class family and environment.

I went to school with the children of the mayor, the governor and senators. Which is why I didn't vote for them when I became old enough to vote. Anyone who raised kids like that had no business in our government.

I also grew up with the Vietnam war on TV. With it in school and even in my neighborhood. Two older brothers of my friends were in that war. One lived directly across the street on the west side of the street. The other directly on the north side of the street. We all lived in the corner houses of the street. Both of the brothers who went to Vietnam were named Michael. They were big brothers to me when I was growing up. One of the Michaels joined the Navy. The other was drafted into the Army. I never understood why that Michael actually joined. I talked about it with the brother of that Michael who was close to Michael's age. He tried to explain it to me but to this day, I still don't understand beyond it was a family thing. His dad was in the Navy during WW II.

The other one. One day we got the news that he had stepped on a landmine. We didn't know if he was alive or not at first. All we knew was he stepped on a landmine. That Michael was also a big brother to me. We later found out he was alive and would be coming home. He didn't come home safe and sound in one piece.

The deaths of Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. were not just on the TV but in my home. In my school. It was a huge deal in school. Both deaths. And also in my home with my parents.

I was raised in Seattle in the 1960s and 70s. Near the University District and Lake Washington. My parents were nothing but graduated students in business clothes. My babysitters were hippies. My parents had already graduated from college by the time students started to rise up against the war. They were just graduated students in business clothes.

I was raised by liberals from a generation that didn't have many liberals in it. They were the depression baby generation. But they were raised by liberals of the adults of their generation. If you said FDR around my parents or grandparents you would have immediately heard either "He saved us all" or "He saved the world."

So I grew up in that middle class to upper middle class but wasn't actually raised by people who had the beliefs of the adults of that class in that time.

Gee you were raised everywhere..

And you're like really old, huh?

After six decades of the GOP's "Southern Strategy" blaring in their ears, the trump Nazis, as they've become, have distorted views of most everything. Some of them walk around from day to day appearing normal, but the smallest unexpected incident can put them into full on right-wing nut mode.

The GOP's "Southern Strategy" was an evolving process that culminated with the creation of the internet social media. Instead of regional pockets of extremism, the right-wing nuts used social media to create a network of paranoia.

Now, united in purpose, every conspiracy nut has a national voice and an audience eager to believe every crackpot theory. The Southern Strategy has reached Warp 9, and the Republican leaders have lost control of the monster they made.

The reality is that fake world on TV in the 50s doesn't exist in America. It never did.

The conservatives spent decades trying to take reproductive freedom from women. They expect all females who get pregnant to carry it to term and give birth.

The conservatives also hate any sort of public assistance to women and children with a passion.

So if a single mother has to stay home with the child and can't work how is she going to support herself and her child?

If she's young and has no training or skills how is she going to support herself and her child on minimum wage if she works? How is she going to afford child care on 7.25 an hour?

These people aren't living in reality.

I find it interesting is that these "conservatives," whatever the hell it is that they actually are attempting to conserve, never want to hear about, and talk about the realities that women face in the real world. They want to demand that women do this or that, but they don't want to listen. They want women to be cardboard characters who willingly populate the background in their fantasy world. These lunatics won't even acknowledge that the technology exists and is in wide use to prevent many unwanted pregnancies, when one would expect them to be enthusiastic about preventing abortions. There must be extensive drug use among them.

It only existed on TV.

I could go on.

So I grew up in that middle class to upper middle class but wasn't actually raised by people who had the beliefs of the adults of that class in that time.

About 60, if my math is right.

Freaking Idaho - Outside of Boise/ Ada County (1/2 the population in the state) they are still trapped in 1952.

ad6.jpg
We know how much progressives care about women.

Stories about three individuals, Weinstein, Damon, and Crowe, whatever their personal political views happen to be, which are unknown, are irrelevant to this discussion.

The reasoning doesn't make sense. "Were not going to vote for the bill because we want women staying in the house".
So they want to make it hard for a woman to go out and get a job because she has kids. Am I reading this right? It must be a joke. Nobody thinks this way.

It only existed on TV.

I could go on.

And you're like, really stupid. But, that IS expected of you trump Nazis, regardless of gender.

We have our pigs - You have yours ;-)
You mean like Cuomo and Biden?

And by the way some of those accusations against Trump are pretty silly. Kissing someone as a greeting is not sexual assault. One of accusers, Samantha Holvey, accused Trump of LOOKING at her!

Last edited:

You mean like Cuomo and Biden?

Lol - Tara Reade is so discredited. Breitfart? :lol:

Forum List

Back