I'd have never believed it, if I hadn't have seen it

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
I work in customer billing for Toyota. No, you don't want Toyota to finance your car. Believe me. This shit is FUCKED UP!

Anyway. Ran across an account this week with something interesting..............

Apparenlty vehicles are so expensive now, you can get your loan for up to 20 years!!
Yeah, thats right.........20 YEARS!!!!

I thought I was seeing things, but I looked at it real good, and yep.........somebody had their vehicle being paid out for 20 years!!
No, it wasn't a fleet or company, it was an individual. Must have been a truck or a SUV, as the price was $55K.

Pretty sad when your car needs a loan for as long as your house does.

1688684975154.png

It was insane when they began offering 6 year notes. We thought 18 months was crazy. My grandparents thought mortgages were crazy, and 5 year ones off the charts.

It's the American way. l
The buyer obviously doesn't intend to have to pay for it!

It was insane when they began offering 6 year notes. We thought 18 months was crazy. My grandparents thought mortgages were crazy, and 5 year ones off the charts.

I bought a used Acadia in 2017 for $16K. Just paid it off this month. 6 years.

I've seen a lot of used vehicles the SAME price or MORE than new ones of the same brand and model!!!

Last edited:
Last time I financed a car it was three years, and I thought that was too long. I paid it off before that. I can not imagine a 20 year loan for an automobile.

I paid cash for my car. And for my home. I don't want to be beholden to anyone, especially for 20 years.
Tell it! Nothing is more valuable than being debt free. I might not have the best home, the most productive land, the prettiest car, the best truck, the newest motorcycle or the fanciest quads, but what I have is mine and I don't owe anyone anything.

Tell it! Nothing is more valuable than being debt free. I might not have the best home, the most productive land, the prettiest car, the best truck, the newest motorcycle or the fanciest quads, but what I have is mine and I don't owe anyone anything.
Mine aren't pretty, either, but they serve their purposes quite well enough, and yea, they're mine.

If you can't afford it, don't buy it, my grandpa used to say.

They're not junk, either, BTW.

I work in customer billing for Toyota. No, you don't want Toyota to finance your car. Believe me. This shit is FUCKED UP!

Anyway. Ran across an account this week with something interesting..............

Apparenlty vehicles are so expensive now, you can get your loan for up to 20 years!!

I thought I was seeing things, but I looked at it real good, and yep.........somebody had their vehicle being paid out for 20 years!!
No, it wasn't a fleet or company, it was an individual. Must have been a truck or a SUV, as the price was $55K.

View attachment 802088
It is even sadder when cars cost as much as a house :(

Last edited:

View attachment 802088

You'd have to be an idiot to finance a vehicle for that long.
Our rule of thumb is no more than four years.

View attachment 802088

Any link for this happening?

You sure it wasn't a 20-year warranty?

View attachment 802088

I would have taken a 20 year loan if I had the option when I financed my Corolla.

All that means is my payments would be a lot smaller so if I ran into some financial trouble my car payment wouldn't hurt as bad until I got everything under control.

You can always pay more on your monthly payment and pay it off in 2 or 4 years.

Forum List

Back