Icon of the Left: George Soros

Seriously Cali..? WHO thinks the destruction of ordinary people is A OK? :cuckoo:

I have seen several posters deny he is their ICON and your OP has been shown to have several falsehoods. WTF is wrong with you constantly needing to pretend you are the only one with any morals around here...?

I do it for the same reason that the left claim Rush Limbaugh is the 'icon' of the right. Because it is true. I may not as an individual have any respect for Rush, but that does not make the accusation any less valid. It's a valid comment, far too many on the right take a lead from Rush. Equally, with Soros and the left. He is part and parcel of left wing politics not just in the US but around the world. That is why I say it. Because it is true.

And.... as for my comments about who thinks the destruction of ordinary people is ok.... I say that because not one of you.... not fucking one person.... has commented that it is not ok. Not one. This thread is jammed with personal attacks and strawmen about his childhood. Interesting that you don't call those people out on that. No. You choose to call me out for wondering why people cannot bring themselves to criticize Soros for what he has done.

The topic itself is a strawman and this thread is filled with obnoxious hyperbolic dishonesty. :thup:
The funny thing is, the best way to address a strawman is to beat it to death.

No one has.

Funny that, eh?

So, put the strawman to rest. Or, anyone can do so.

But, no one has.

Odd and fascinating.

I would NOT feel the least bit of guilt if I were him. The ones that should feel guilt are the Nazis. Not the victims.

Your mind is messed up.

No, my mind is perfectly rational. Guilt is not a rational feeling, nor is it delegated by others. Of course, the Nazis should feel guilty.... because they are guilty. But, even if you did what he did to survive, a normal person would have - at some time in their adult life - felt some remorse for how they survived. That's if one has any morals.

I notice, however, that you're still stuck on the Nazi thing. I'm not. I am far more interested in his behavior as an adult. So, tell me, given that he made his fortune by profiting off of the destruction of the well being of ordinary people, do you think that's ok?
He did nothing at all that would cause anyone to feel guilty. Nothing. That you keep pretending he did is disgusting.

And Toro pretty well put to bed your accusation that he destroyed the lives of millions of people.

:thup:

The only economic logic that I can ascertain which would cause people to lose their jobs with the pound leaving the ERM are those who relied upon a strong currency to make a living, perhaps importers and travel agencies. But if so, they were artificially benefiting from a government policy which was creating massive distortions in the economy.

But a government cannot defy the market clearing price forever. Government intervention often creates distortions in the markets. I mean, that is the argument for free markets and government staying out of the way, right? It is far more credible that it was the government doing major damage to the British economy than any speculator could by keeping the pound artificially high.

I would challenge anyone to actually research Soros and make up their minds from that.

If you cannot do that honestly, there is no use in attacking someone who has.

No, these guys are the ones who went on for pages of obnoxious personally attacks ignoring the actual facts and sentiments posted. They had an agenda to attack certain posters who SUPPOSEDLY by some omission he MUST be their icon. :doubt:

Not one person said greedy rich people who destroy economies are A OK. Creating strawmen and slinging dishonesty at fellow posters is NOT moral behavior!

I would challenge anyone to actually research Soros and make up their minds from that.

No, these guys are the ones who went on for pages of obnoxious personally attacks ignoring the actual facts and sentiments posted. They had an agenda to attack certain posters who SUPPOSEDLY by some omission he MUST be their icon. :doubt:

Not one person said greedy rich people who destroy economies are A OK. Creating strawmen and slinging dishonesty at fellow posters is NOT moral behavior!

Then people should post what they think of Soros, rather than posting their thoughts on the messenger. The messenger is not relevent, the facts are.

Is Soros a good guy?

Is Soros a bad guy?

Or is Soros relevant?

Did his nazi past shape who he is and what he does?

Then people should post what they think of Soros, rather than posting their thoughts on the messenger. The messenger is not relevent, the facts are.

Is Soros a good guy?

Is Soros a bad guy?

Or is Soros relevant?

His nazi past?

:cuckoo:

Is Soros a good guy?

Is Soros a bad guy?

Or is Soros relevant?

and last but not leeds, what do you think of soros' passing accuracy considering that he raped and murdered a young girl in 1990 with a lead pipe in the billiard room.

Anyone with any knowledge of logical argument knows the best way to address a strawman. Beat it to death.

No one seems able to do so.

It's not rocket science.

And, with respect to your reference to omission, tacit support is powerful, as Edmund Burke articulated quite well.

But, if you feel that attacking the messenger is better strategy for you, go for it.

That alleged strawman is still there, though.

but, but, but....you're a bad person if you don't beat their strawman to death!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0&feature=player_embedded]Can We All Just Get Along? For The Kids & Old People? RODNEY KING SPEAKS! - YouTube[/ame]

but, but, but....you're a bad person if you don't beat their strawman to death!!!
Or, what it says is there is no strawman.

Or, if there is one, folks are more interested in attacks than discussion.

You know, just KNOW you want to prove her and me wrong. The perception that he is an icon of the left is not just hers. Millions have it.

And there is yet any interest in dispelling it.

You know, just KNOW you want to prove her and me wrong. The perception that he is an icon of the left is not just hers. Millions have it.

you can't dispel stupid. you can't dispel obnoxious rightwingnut memes.

mostly, you can't teach pigs to talk. it doesn't work and it annoys the pigs.

so why bother trying to "dispel" anything spewed by nutters?

Let me help Pixie -

Is Soros a good guy?

Is Soros a bad guy?

Or is Soros relevant?

here.. let me help...

yes.. in some respects.

yes..in some respects.

not really... no matter how much rightwingnuts pretend he is.

and certainly, if we're quantifying, no where nearly as relevant as the koch's and the others who funnel money into pushing a radical right corporatist agenda.

Let me help Pixie -

Is Soros a good guy?

Is Soros a bad guy?

Or is Soros relevant?

here.. let me help...

yes.. in some respects.

yes..in some respects.

and certainly, if we're quantifying, no where nearly as relevant as the koch's and the others who funnel money into pushing a radical right corporatist agenda.
And Soros pushes money into radical left agendas. So, that is also irrelevant, if eliminating hypocrisy were important, but somehow you brought it up as relevant.

:lmao:

you can't dispel stupid. you can't dispel obnoxious rightwingnut memes.

mostly, you can't teach pigs to talk. it doesn't work and it annoys the pigs.

so why bother trying to "dispel" anything spewed by nutters?
Why bother using logical arguments when you think personal attacks are more relevant?

:rolleyes:

And millions think liberals eat babies.

I could care less about what you think of Soros or what you think I think of Soros.

I do care that you all jump on him because he was a Jewish teen in Nazi land and somehow that means he should feel guilty.

No, my mind is perfectly rational. Guilt is not a rational feeling, nor is it delegated by others. Of course, the Nazis should feel guilty.... because they are guilty. But, even if you did what he did to survive, a normal person would have - at some time in their adult life - felt some remorse for how they survived. That's if one has any morals.

I notice, however, that you're still stuck on the Nazi thing. I'm not. I am far more interested in his behavior as an adult. So, tell me, given that he made his fortune by profiting off of the destruction of the well being of ordinary people, do you think that's ok?
He did nothing at all that would cause anyone to feel guilty. Nothing. That you keep pretending he did is disgusting.

And Toro pretty well put to bed your accusation that he destroyed the lives of millions of people.

:thup:

The only economic logic that I can ascertain which would cause people to lose their jobs with the pound leaving the ERM are those who relied upon a strong currency to make a living, perhaps importers and travel agencies. But if so, they were artificially benefiting from a government policy which was creating massive distortions in the economy.

But a government cannot defy the market clearing price forever. Government intervention often creates distortions in the markets. I mean, that is the argument for free markets and government staying out of the way, right? It is far more credible that it was the government doing major damage to the British economy than any speculator could by keeping the pound artificially high.
but, but, but, he's an evil capitalist that wants us to be communist so he can no longer be an evil capitalist!

And millions think liberals eat babies.

Liberals eat babies?

Never heard that before.

.... I could care less about what you think of Soros or what you think I think of Soros.

Yet, you care so little that you have 34 posts in the thread. ;)

.... I do care that you all jump on him because he was a Jewish teen in Nazi land and somehow that means he should feel guilty.
Thanks for the perfect example of what I have been saying.

Let's pummel that strawman to death, together; after becoming knowledgeable of what he did as a kid, I have no issues with it.

See how that works?

Let me help Pixie -

Is Soros a good guy?

Is Soros a bad guy?

Or is Soros relevant?

here.. let me help...

yes.. in some respects.

yes..in some respects.

and certainly, if we're quantifying, no where nearly as relevant as the koch's and the others who funnel money into pushing a radical right corporatist agenda

Holy HYPOCRICY!

Read that sentance 3 times Jillian and maybe re-evaluate your actual values. Your inconsistancy right there, in red, is very hypocritical.

NEWSMEAT &#9655; George Soros's Federal Campaign Contribution Report <------what was that about pumping money to push an agenda making people releveant again? (hint no its not the 1,000 dollar donations its the 500,000 plus donations to far left radical groups like moveon.org that makes you hypocritical ;))

Forum List

Back