ICE

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by froggy, Sep 1, 2018.

1. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,404
    I'm sorry you failed so badly at life that you are competing with undocumented workers for jobs. It does explain a lot of the anger, though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. JoeB131

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,404
    You're kind of proving my point, buddy. We currently have a nursing shortage. we could easily fill that by importing nurses from India, Poland and the Philippines. But because we treat immigration as a cultural issue and a legal issue and not a labor issue, we have a problem.

Used to be, INS was part of the Labor Department, and it worked a lot better that way.

3. harmonica

harmonica Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,731
    again--great links and evidence for your claim

4. MaryL

MaryL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,666
    parently
    Apparently this being a nation of law abiding citizens and stuff, Mexican illegals are above the laws. The same set of immigration laws that apply to people that are fleeing oppression and stuff but don't share a border with America. So they have to actually follow immigration laws Excuse me? What makes Mexicans so extra special they can break our laws? Lithuanians, Hungarians Albanians and folks fleeing REAL oppression are welcome here. Mexicans might share our border, but they need better reason. The hell they are fleeing they are bring with them , it's their "culture". Follow immigration laws and acclimate, that isn't a dirty word. Like real actual immigrants.

5. froggy

froggy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,159
  6. JoeB131

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,404
    Obviously this is one major difference between how Mexicans see the country and the rest of us immigrants. It's this.

[​IMG]

Kind of silly to ask people to "acclimate" to their stolen land.

7. Pop23

Pop23 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,015
    Not silly at all. What is silly is your lack of historical knowledge by using the term “stolen”.

8. JoeB131

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,404
    Again, I have a history degree. But let's not go with me.. Let's go with what some of the guys on the MONEY had to say about it.

upload_2018-9-5_18-46-15.jpeg

Allow the President to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so, whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such purpose, and you allow him to make war at pleasure. Study to see if you can fix any limit to his power in this respect, after having given him so much as you propose. If, to-day, he should choose to say he thinks it necessary to invade Canada, to prevent the British from invading us, how could you stop him? You may say to him, "I see no probability of the British invading us" but he will say to you, "Be silent; I see it, if you don't."

The provision of the Constitution giving the war making power to Congress was dictated, as I understand it, by the following reasons. Kings had always been involving and impoverishing their people in wars, pretending generally, if not always, that the good of the people was the object. This, our Convention understood to be the most oppressive of all Kingly oppressions; and they resolved to so frame the Constitution that no one man should hold the power of bringing this oppression upon us. But your view destroys the whole matter, and places our President where kings have always stood.

_Abraham Lincoln

We can also look at what this guy said.

upload_2018-9-5_18-49-47.jpeg

• Generally, the officers of the army were indifferent whether the annexation was consummated or not; but not so all of them. For myself, I was bitterly opposed to the measure, and to this day, regard the war, which resulted, as one of the most unjust ever waged by a stronger against a weaker nation. It was an instance of a republic following the bad example of European monarchies, in not considering justice in their desire to acquire additional territory.

Attached Files:

9. froggy

froggy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,159
  10. JoeB131

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,404
    • Funny Funny x 1