IAF to get only 14 F-35 fighter jets, not 31

Beelzebub

VIP Member
May 6, 2014
The ministerial committee on defense procurement on Sunday approved the purchase of just 14 new F-35 stealth fighter jets, instead of 31 as the Israel Air Force had wanted.

Defense officials said the purchase was merely being staggered, and that the additional 17 fighter jets would be acquired in 2017, after additional consultations and an additional vote by the committee.

The 31 F-35s are to be added to the 19 already purchased to form two stealth fighter squadrons of 25 planes each. The first group of 19 cost $2.75 billion, funded out of U.S. military aid to Israel.

Israel Air Force to get only 14 F-35 fighter jets not 31 as planned - Diplomacy and Defense Israel News Haaretz

Ah.

"So we will take 19 for free, but just 14 of the 31, as we have to actually PAY for them."
"Is that ok? Well, we're doing it anyhow."

Sweet.
So I suppose Israel will accept the others in 2017, but by then the US will be paying for those too.

Even the ones Israel "paid for" were likely "paid for" via American loans (loans which will likely be forgiven before they're ever paid back). No biggy ... it's nothing that the America taxpayer can't handle. Just another straw on our failing back.

Yeah. I suppose.

Still with 20 to 50 top of the line 5th generation fighter / bombers, they will outnumber the European airforces combined.

I wonder what they would want so many massively outclassing jets for?

Well, whatever it is, I feel sure the US will fund that project too. Hey, the US is a rich uncle! :mm:

Yeah. I suppose.

Still with 20 to 50 top of the line 5th generation fighter / bombers, they will outnumber the European airforces combined.

I wonder what they would want so many massively outclassing jets for?

Well, whatever it is, I feel sure the US will fund that project too. Hey, the US is a rich uncle! :mm:

WAS a rich uncle. Now just a has-been flaunting his credit cards in an attempt to uphold appearances.

Best to have a strong deterrent for Iran, Syria and isis. with the increase in militant drone and rocket technology and Syria's ability to control its assets being in question along with Iranian troops heavily concentrated in Iraq, plus the US build up in Iraq being under protected by airpower it behooves us for Israel to have the ability to quickly and decisively neutralize air to air and ground to air threats until American forces can respond en masse. Just the reality of the field we chose to play ball in.

Best to have a strong deterrent for Iran, Syria and isis. with the increase in militant drone and rocket technology and Syria's ability to control its assets being in question along with Iranian troops heavily concentrated in Iraq, plus the US build up in Iraq being under protected by airpower it behooves us for Israel to have the ability to quickly and decisively neutralize air to air and ground to air threats until American forces can respond en masse. Just the reality of the field we chose to play ball in.

Haha!
Like Iran would be in any position to attack even a squadron of F16's!
Not a chance.

And tell me, what is the I.S. airforce looking like?
If those F22's are a solution, they are a solution without a problem. Apart, maybe from their airworthiness.

My betting is they kill more Israeli pilots than any enemy will.

Not a single word about the conflict, weird..

Oh. Sorry.

Do you think the F22's are there to attack President Abbas? If so, why do they need 50 of them?
Is he made of adamantium?
Depending if the gwad is planning to breed another escalation.
Obviously its related to the ME section - Sally could tell.
Next we might find ourselves thinking if Israel is actually planning to shell the WB with jets, hmm.. with you logic trees would grow upside down sunshine.

Do you know of the Baobab tree?

baobab-tree.jpg

Forum List

Back