I Will Never Forget or Forgive

I'll bet you believe Vietnam Vets returning home were spit on by war protesters?

My husband is a Vietnam vet and he was spit on. It happened when he returned and was 100% disabled at the time from injury over there. Nice welcome home, eh?

* He has forgiven the entire thing. Holding onto unforgiveness is like drinking poison while hoping the other guy dies.

Well, I am not hoping anyone dies; it is pointless as we all die and need to make our slates clear before we ask forgiveness ourselves.

But Hanoi Jane can kiss my red American ass before I forgive her. If she would do that, maybe I would consider it.

I'll bet you believe Vietnam Vets returning home were spit on by war protesters?

There were such incidents, but not every vet was spit on, lol.

I guess because not every vet was spit on, you.ve decided to classify that as urban legend, huh?

roflmao

The republicans are spitting on our returning troops today by denying them treatment and benefits. No difference.

For what?

Taking a picture?

Criticizing US actions in Vietnam?

That's not treason.

Colluding with the enemy and selling them weapons..IS TREASON.

Like Reagan did.

She sympathized with the enemy, and should forever be viewed as a war traitor.

We were not in a declared war....that's why protests were NOT illegal, were NOT treason.

Protesting was one thing, she went over to the enemy and gave them aid and comfort.
You obviously are not old enough to understand the difference.

Actually, LBJ, McNamara, Westmoreland and the War Hawks were traitors
I'm not saying they aren't, LBJ blatantly lied to the American people about the Gulf of Tonkin, but Fonda didn't wait for the truth, she gathered with the enemy while American GI's were dying in the theatre of war.
She is a scumbag, and myself and thousands of other Americans will never forgive her.

Fonda helped save lives by accelerating an end to a senseless war

The others cost us 60,000 lives

Who is the traitor?

For what?

Taking a picture?

Criticizing US actions in Vietnam?

That's not treason.

Colluding with the enemy and selling them weapons..IS TREASON.

Like Reagan did.

Hasn't the right been sympathize g with the Pootin lately?

Hell, [MENTION=1668]Stephanie[/MENTION] has been wetting her corsets dreaming of him and his manly arms wrapped around her!

Are we in the field at war with Russia with American G.I.s shedding blood ?

Obviously not.

That's the difference.

The guys coming home lately have it easy in that regard. I remember the 'GIs are baby killers' bumper stickers, banners and posters. They were a sick twisted bunch and many are in office today.

I'm not saying they aren't, LBJ blatantly lied to the American people about the Gulf of Tonkin, but Fonda didn't wait for the truth, she gathered with the enemy while American GI's were dying in the theatre of war.
She is a scumbag, and myself and thousands of other Americans will never forgive her.

Fonda helped save lives by accelerating an end to a senseless war

The others cost us 60,000 lives

Who is the traitor?

Look you ignorant fool, Fonda should have found another way, sympathyizing with enemy in the theatre of war is a completely different than protesting on the steps of Congress.
What she did was unforgivable to many vets. She crossed a line that should never be crossed once the fighting is going on.

You just wouldn't understand, you would have had to serve to know.

The guys coming home lately have it easy in that regard. I remember the 'GIs are baby killers' bumper stickers, banners and posters. They were a sick twisted bunch and many are in office today.

I'm quite certain that there were plenty of Vietnam vets that were treated fine, but indeed many were not.

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison, the "Hanoi Hilton."

Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American "peace activist" the "lenient and humane treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and was dragged away. During the subsequent beating, he fell forward onto the camp commandant 's feet, which sent that officer berserk.

In 1978, the Air Force Colonel still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying career) from the commandant's frenzied application of a wooden baton.

From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years in the "Hanoi Hilton". . . the first three of which his family only knew he was "missing in action." His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned-up, fed and clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation" visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they were alive and still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his Social Security number on it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat. . . At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed him all the little pieces of paper...

Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Colonel Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know of her actions that day.

Why do you keep posting this lie after you have repeatedly been proven wrong?

snopes is your friend

snopes.com: Jane Fonda and American POWs in North Vietnam

Well, thank you, RW, for not only disagreeing with me, but in also providing some evidence to back it up. I have read and heard that story so many times I didn't even think to check it out till now.

Thank you again.

From a Vietnam vet group on the topic:
Jane_Fonda

The unknown author of the "Hanoi Jane" e-mail appears to have picked up Benge's story online and combined it with fabricated tales to create the forwarded text. Some versions now circulate with Benge's name listed; others quote his statement anonymously.

In fact, Fonda carried home letters from many American POWs to their families upon her return from North Vietnam, and rumors that a POW was beaten to death when he refused to meet with her were nothing more than rumors. Still, legally treasonous or not, Jane Fonda's actions merit the contempt felt towards her, and her inclusion in ABC's 30 April 1999 "A Celebration: 100 Years of Great Women" rightly angered many who failed to see what was so "great" about this woman. She didn't go to North Vietnam to try to bring about peace or to reconcile the two warring sides or to stop American boys from being killed; she went there as an active show of support for the North Vietnamese cause. She lauded the North Vietnamese military and citizens while she denounced American soldiers as "war criminals" and urged them to stop fighting, she lobbied to cut off all American economic aid to the South Vietnamese government even after the Paris Peace Accords ended U.S. military involvement in Vietnam, and she publicly thanked the Soviets for providing assistance to the North Vietnamese. And she did all this not as a reckless youth who rashly spouted ill-considered opinions now best forgotten, but as a 34-year-old adult who should be expected to bear full responsibility for her actions.

In 1988, sixteen years after denouncing American soldiers as war criminals and tortured POWs as possessed of overactive imaginations, Fonda met with Vietnam veterans to apologize for her actions. It's interesting to note that this nationally-televised apology (during which she attempted to minimize her actions by characterizing them as "thoughtless and careless") came at a time when New England vets were successfully disrupting a film project she was working on. It's also interesting that not only was this apology delivered sixteen years after the fact, but it has not been offered again since. More than a few have read a huge dollop of self-interest into Fonda's 1988 apology. (Finally, in an interview in 2000, almost thirty years after the fact, Fonda admitted: "I will go to my grave regretting the photograph of me in an anti-aircraft carrier, which looks like I was trying to shoot at American planes. It hurt so many soldiers. It galvanized such hostility. It was the most horrible thing I could possibly have done. It was just thoughtless.")

Whether the war was right or wrong, those who risked (and gave) their lives fighting it deserve respect, and for Fonda to brand men who were held captive and tortured as "liars" and "hypocrites" (despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary) in order to defend her political views was and is unpardonable.

So, I still resent her support of an active enemy who was at that very moment killing American servicemen, torturing them, and part of a global communist effort to destroy our nation.

For that alone I will never forget her foolishness, though I might one day possibly forgive....nah, fuck that bitch.

They were liars then and proven liars today.

It is a crying shame that they control our nations executive branch.

But in the end, the Truth will out and these bastards will be disgraced.

I guess because not every vet was spit on, you.ve decided to classify that as urban legend, huh?

roflmao

I did two tours there (not my choice), came home and worn my uniform as friends did while on leave in NYC , no one was spit on. Vietnam was fiasco and a criminal war based on lies the same as the Iraq war, all wars since WWII were a wars of convenience and profited no one expect the military industrial complex . Most servicemen I served with knew the war was a crock of shit base on lies, the only ones who loved it were the lifers.

I find most pro war flag waving arm chair generals never served in a war one much less the military

As soon as I got out myself and others join this great organization

http://www.vvaw.org/

Last edited:
The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison, the "Hanoi Hilton."

Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American "peace activist" the "lenient and humane treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and was dragged away. During the subsequent beating, he fell forward onto the camp commandant 's feet, which sent that officer berserk.

In 1978, the Air Force Colonel still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying career) from the commandant's frenzied application of a wooden baton.

From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years in the "Hanoi Hilton". . . the first three of which his family only knew he was "missing in action." His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned-up, fed and clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation" visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they were alive and still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his Social Security number on it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat. . . At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed him all the little pieces of paper...

Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Colonel Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know of her actions that day.

Why do you keep posting this lie after you have repeatedly been proven wrong?

snopes is your friend

snopes.com: Jane Fonda and American POWs in North Vietnam

Consider the source ----- that's what he does.

Damn straight. I too will never forgive Fonda, or anybody else, for what they never did. Furthermore I will not go to places that don't exist or buy products that have never been made.

Now let's have some quotes from Washington and Jefferson and LBJ of things they never said.

roflmao

The republicans are spitting on our returning troops today by denying them treatment and benefits. No difference.

Lol, that is such a ridiculous lie, you fucking bitch.

roflmao

I did two tours there (not my choice), came home and worn my uniform as friends did while on leave in NYC , no one was spit on.

Bullshit. I know people who were spit on, and I had a jack ass accost me back in 78, five full years after we left.

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about or you are just another godamned internet liar.

I have no idea if the stories about the abused AF POWs is true or not and can't say that I really care all that much. The list of well documented atrocities committed by the VC/NVA is long enough that a hand full of others doesn't really mean much. Residents of the Hanoi Hilton were very very lucky to be taken prisoners in the first place because helpless GIs that fell into their hands were usually slaughtered. Often in a highly creative manner.

Likewise those who clutch at excuses for Fonda are just far gone into denial. She raised money, conducted blood and food drives, made and/or distributed enemy propaganda and those were just a few of the things she didn't bother to keep secret. I would pay serious money to be allowed to attend her execution.

roflmao

Lol, that is such a ridiculous lie, you fucking bitch.
Obama scales back funding and it's the Republican's fault? Some people just aren't worth talking to.

Damn straight. I too will never forgive Fonda, or anybody else, for what they never did. Furthermore I will not go to places that don't exist or buy products that have never been made.

Now let's have some quotes from Washington and Jefferson and LBJ of things they never said.

So you're saying Fonda "never did" fratenize with the north while American GI's were at war ?

Bullshit. I know people who were spit on, and I had a jack ass accost me back in 78, five full years after we left.

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about or you are just another godamned internet liar.
Yep, I didn't join until '72 and we were scaling back from 'Nam but even then we got a lot of shit when off base. The haircut alone was enough to identify us as "one of them".

Forum List

Back