‘I will make you disappear’: Trump supporter charged with hate crime over racist threats

Kenneth-Sjarpe-Facebook.png

Washington man was arrested on hate crime charges after allegedly threatening three men he assumed were Muslims during a gas station encounter.

Police said Kenneth Sjarpe shouted racial slurs at the men, ordered them to leave the country and then threatened to shoot them during the incident last month at a Bellevue gas station, reported the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

A driver told police that he was pumping gas, while two of his relatives waited in the car, when the 55-year-old Sjarpe came out of the Arco store and began shouting at them.

“Go back to your country,” Sjarpe said, adding a racial slur. “I’ll shoot you.”

The driver’s brother got out of the car and shouted back at Sjarpe, who the other men said got into his Ford Bronco and drove toward them.

Sjarpe again threatened to kill the other men, whom he repeatedly called Muslims, and then drove away.

The brothers reported the incident to police, who reviewed surveillance video that appeared to match their account.

A detective spotted Sjarpe the next day walking toward his truck, and he admitted to arguing with the other men and said he “probably” used a racial slur.

“His voice got louder as he started talking about how he hated those people,” the detective said in a report. “Iranians, Indians, Middle Easterners — they shouldn’t be in our country (and they’re) taking our jobs.”

He then told the detective that he “supports Trump in keeping them out,” the newspaper reported.

Sjarpe could also face charges in a similar incident a week later, when an Ethiopian immigrant said a man called him a racial slur and then chased him up the stairs at a business.

“I want you guys to get out of my country, (racial slur),” the man allegedly said. “If you don’t leave, I will make you disappear.”

Link: ‘I will make you disappear’: Trump supporter charged with hate crime over racist threats
--------------------------

Gee, I wonder if it was "the Democrats" that made this guy do it?
Oh look leftists endorsing censoring free speech again. AT MOST it's terroristic threats oh and because he supports Trumps travel ban doesn't mean he supports Trump idiot. It is Washington.....that's Bernie territory.
You are lame, as usual. Terroristic speech is not "free speech", speedo. You try terroristic speech in downtown SLC to minorities. A person has the right to immediately defend himself against terroristic threats.

What's terrorist speech, Jake?
You don't know? Really?? Go read the OP and the link again.

Kenneth-Sjarpe-Facebook.png

Washington man was arrested on hate crime charges after allegedly threatening three men he assumed were Muslims during a gas station encounter.

Police said Kenneth Sjarpe shouted racial slurs at the men, ordered them to leave the country and then threatened to shoot them during the incident last month at a Bellevue gas station, reported the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

A driver told police that he was pumping gas, while two of his relatives waited in the car, when the 55-year-old Sjarpe came out of the Arco store and began shouting at them.

“Go back to your country,” Sjarpe said, adding a racial slur. “I’ll shoot you.”

The driver’s brother got out of the car and shouted back at Sjarpe, who the other men said got into his Ford Bronco and drove toward them.

Sjarpe again threatened to kill the other men, whom he repeatedly called Muslims, and then drove away.

The brothers reported the incident to police, who reviewed surveillance video that appeared to match their account.

A detective spotted Sjarpe the next day walking toward his truck, and he admitted to arguing with the other men and said he “probably” used a racial slur.

“His voice got louder as he started talking about how he hated those people,” the detective said in a report. “Iranians, Indians, Middle Easterners — they shouldn’t be in our country (and they’re) taking our jobs.”

He then told the detective that he “supports Trump in keeping them out,” the newspaper reported.

Sjarpe could also face charges in a similar incident a week later, when an Ethiopian immigrant said a man called him a racial slur and then chased him up the stairs at a business.

“I want you guys to get out of my country, (racial slur),” the man allegedly said. “If you don’t leave, I will make you disappear.”

Link: ‘I will make you disappear’: Trump supporter charged with hate crime over racist threats
--------------------------

Gee, I wonder if it was "the Democrats" that made this guy do it?

Total nonsense and a extension of the Left's opposition to free speech.

Brandenburg Test

“Freedoms of speech and press do not permit a State to forbid advocacy of the use of force or of law violation except where such advocacy is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action.”

Baseball fans probably aren't going to 'kill the umpire.'

Brandenburg test
Standard established in Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 US 444 (1969), to determine when inflammatory speech intending to advocate illegal action can be restricted. The standard developed determined that speech advocating the use of force or crime could only be proscribed where two conditions were satisfied: (1) the advocacy is “directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action,” and (2) the advocacy is also “likely to incite or produce such action.”
Brandenburg test

Then what do you think of the Democrats at #Hunt Republicans and #Hunt Rep. Congressmen? They almost made one disappear. He's still in critical condition. Who else to you want to murder? #Hunt Rich people? #Kill their children? How far do you want to take this and what makes you any different than ISIS?

Then what do you think of the Democrats at #Hunt Republicans and #Hunt Rep. Congressmen? They almost made one disappear. He's still in critical condition. Who else to you want to murder? #Hunt Rich people? #Kill their children? How far do you want to take this and what makes you any different than ISIS?
Are you drinking early? No one should be hunting anyone. No one should ever tolerate or fear terroristic threat. Turn the bastard in, and let him or her explain to the LEO that they were just funnin.'

This thread has been....unsurprising. Look at all the wingers rushing in to DEFEND this POS. Unbelievable.

Par for the course for this cesspool of a forum.

Are you drinking early? No one should be hunting anyone. No one should ever tolerate or fear terroristic threat. Turn the bastard in, and let him or her explain to the LEO that they were just funnin.'

I don't drink Jakie. So where is your thread decrying #'s like Hunt Republicans? Where have you voiced your dismay @#your parties violence?

This thread has been....unsurprising. Look at all the wingers rushing in to DEFEND this POS. Unbelievable.

You miss the point.....there is an avalanche of Americans rushing to defend the first amendment of the US Constitution.

Offensive speech is not to be banned, and there is no such thing as a 'hate crime.'

Americans don't accept control of speech or of thought.

Give up your brown shirt.

I don't drink Jakie. So where is your thread decrying #'s like Hunt Republicans? Where have you voiced your dismay @#your parties violence?
What did I just write above? I replied to the OP. Where have you voiced your dismay for right wing hate activities? Hypocrite much? @#altrightviolence

PoliticalChic, SYTFE, is a North Korean immigrant. She does not understand that the 1st Amendment does not protect terroristic speech. Hate crimes are indeed recognized in the law. Americans indeed do accept that hate crimes and terroristic threats are crimes and should be punished as such.

PoliticalChic, SYTFE, is a North Korean immigrant. She does not understand that the 1st Amendment does not protect terroristic speech. Hate crimes are indeed recognized in the law. Americans indeed do accept that hate crimes and terroristic threats are crimes and should be punished as such.

Evidence of terroristic threats or stfu.

Brandenburg test
Standard established in Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 US 444 (1969), to determine when inflammatory speech intending to advocate illegal action can be restricted. The standard developed determined that speech advocating the use of force or crime could only be proscribed where two conditions were satisfied: (1) the advocacy is “directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action,” and (2) the advocacy is also “likely to incite or produce such action.”
Brandenburg test

Clear and probable danger test, the Koran and Hadiths fail that test.

You miss the point.....there is an avalanche of Americans rushing to defend the first amendment of the US Constitution.

Offensive speech is not to be banned, and there is no such thing as a 'hate crime.'

We have hate crime legislation, but hate speech isn't a thing at least not in this country, thank the gods.

We have hate crime legislation, but hate speech isn't a thing at least not in this country, thank the gods.
Terroristic speech is a crime. If someone says to somebody else in the South, "I am going to kill you," draw and shoot. A jury of your peers will acquit you.

Forum List

Back