I Will Have A Blue Christmas Without You.

So cheer up old mate, remember the footy season is but months away and the Eagles and the Dockers will be the easybeats for the new season once more!!

You may not want to cheer me up when you learn I am a Collingwood supporter.

Do you tend to get depressed during the holiday season, or is this a new thing for you?

First off, from the perspective of a doctor, the booze isn't helping the situation and is probably making it worse.

I holiday blues in a lot of my patients...when the holiday season ends, usually the depression ends. But sometimes it doesn't.

If that happens, or if your sadness gets bad enough that you decide to check out, please make sure that you see your doctor.

I'm not sure if that cheers you up, but it's some advise from a friend. I'm always available by PM...and I'm on here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xotoxi again.

That was nice.

I know you're correct about the booze, but as much as I loathe December, I start cheering up when I start making the rum balls and rum cake. December is a tough month even before the holiday madness kicks in. The bills go up, there's less light, and traffic is brutal. I think people get more stressed because of a perceived inability to meet or provide what they think their loved ones want from the season (time and "the Christmas spirit" as well as gifts) rather than any wishes of their own. My mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I told her I wanted to be a Jew and go out to a Chinese restaurant. I had to work overnight into thanksgiving to come home and cook dinner and pass out, and I'm exhausted just thinking of doing the same for Christmas dinner. I'm working Christmas eve, too.

Frogen, get as much natural sunlight as you can, and as you do drink, take a multivitamin that has a good blend of B complex. December is almost over, and we'll soon have a brand new year to screw up.
:lol:

Last edited:
Sadly, I'm gonna agree with JW. Life is seriously shit. Just sayin'. If I had a beer, I'd be cryin' in it, and that is such a waste of beer.

Somehow I don't think sunlight factors into Frogen's blues this time of year at all. Just sayin'........

At all? Anyway, I didn't suggest it was the overriding factor, but that it could contribute, and getting more light might help.

The association between darkness and depression is well established. Now a March 25 study in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reveals for the first time the profound changes that light deprivation causes in the brain.

How Light Deprivation Causes Depression: Scientific American

Somehow I don't think sunlight factors into Frogen's blues this time of year at all. Just sayin'........

At all? Anyway, I didn't suggest it was the overriding factor, but that it could contribute, and getting more light might help.

The association between darkness and depression is well established. Now a March 25 study in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reveals for the first time the profound changes that light deprivation causes in the brain.

I think I can safely say "at all", unless you think too much sunlight is a common problem in getting the blues. LMAO.

I think I can safely say "at all", unless you think too much sunlight is a common problem in getting the blues. LMAO.

Stop being cryptic and enlighten me, he lives in Key West? You know for a fact that he lives his days bathed in natural light? I added my comment as a helpful suggestion to the OP, not to argue with you.

Stop being cryptic and enlighten me, he lives in Key West? You know for a fact that he lives his days bathed in natural light? I added my comment as a helpful suggestion to the OP, not to argue with you.
He lives in the southern hemisphere. That's even strongly suggested above.

I'm not arguing; it just seemed rather obvious to even the casual observer based on the content of this thread alone.

Oh well. Or, am I still being cryptic?

Last edited:

I'm not arguing; it just seemed rather obvious to even the casual observer based on the content of this thread alone.

Cryptic? What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Cryptic? What exactly is that supposed to mean?

There are some cases where there is no sport in it at all. This is one of them. :eek:

My God I love a good cat fight.

I am imagining the tearing of shirts and bras as you post.

Thank you ladies, from the bottom of my heart (which is bottomless), you cheered me up.

I don’t know why but this Christmas I really have the blues and there is not enough booze to shake this shit off.

I have a healthy, happy young son, my wife stays with me for some strange reason, I own my home (or the bank lets me think that), my job is alight, no great conversation or mental stimulation, it is not Plato's academy, but most of them mean well, it is not the mindless hell many people work in, and despite my drinking I am still healthy.

Yet I have the BB King blues.

I should not, there are people that have it really tough, I know that, but still I am bluer than a dog registering in the South as a Democrat.

Cheer me up you fuckers and fucketts.
Friggers mate you are the best internet friend I have, $padeswood 083.jpg

$padeswood 045.jpg

$padeswood 058.jpg so

BZ, where did you get that photo of me on my last Greek romp?

If I am the best Internet freind you have you should be more depressed than I am.

Seriously, you are a good man, and that an't no natural thing in this world.

Stay golden my freind.

Last edited:

If I am the best Internet freind you have you should be more depressed than I am.

Stay golden my freind.
thank you mate, I am made by my friends:eusa_angel:

Stay golden my freind.

Stay golden my freind.

Get a room.

Stay golden my freind.

Stay golden my freind.

Get a room.

We did once, and we got thrown out of the Hotel for making too much noise.

Last edited:

Stay golden my freind.

Stay golden my freind.

Get a room.
your head sounds vacant

Forum List

Back