I Will Have A Blue Christmas Without You.

JW Frogen

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
I don’t know why but this Christmas I really have the blues and there is not enough booze to shake this shit off.

I have a healthy, happy young son, my wife stays with me for some strange reason, I own my home (or the bank lets me think that), my job is alight, no great conversation or mental stimulation, it is not Plato's academy, but most of them mean well, it is not the mindless hell many people work in, and despite my drinking I am still healthy.

Yet I have the BB King blues.

I should not, there are people that have it really tough, I know that, but still I am bluer than a dog registering in the South as a Democrat.

Cheer me up you fuckers and fucketts.

Last edited:
Dear Fucker:

christmas-3.jpg

Yours truly,

Fuckette

I did make a mild effort at being good this year.

But some existential puzzles got in the way, as well as my libido and thirst.

I don’t know why but this Christmas I really have the blues and there is not enough booze to shake this shit off.

I have a healthy, happy young son, my wife stays with me for some strange reason, I own my home (or the bank lets me think that), my job is alight, no great conversation or mental stimulation, it is not Plato's academy, but most of them mean well, it is not the mindless hell many people work in, and despite my drinking I am still healthy.

Yet I have the BB King blues.

I should not, there are people that have it really tough, I know that, but still I am bluer than a dog registering in the South as a Democrat.

Cheer me up you fuckers and fucketts.

:lol:

2 words..

Twelve step! :)

Christmas is the best, cheer up guy!

Do you tend to get depressed during the holiday season, or is this a new thing for you?

First off, from the perspective of a doctor, the booze isn't helping the situation and is probably making it worse.

I holiday blues in a lot of my patients...when the holiday season ends, usually the depression ends. But sometimes it doesn't.

If that happens, or if your sadness gets bad enough that you decide to check out, please make sure that you see your doctor.

I'm not sure if that cheers you up, but it's some advise from a friend. I'm always available by PM...and I'm on here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Do you tend to get depressed during the holiday season, or is this a new thing for you?

First off, from the perspective of a doctor, the booze isn't helping the situation and is probably making it worse.

I holiday blues in a lot of my patients...when the holiday season ends, usually the depression ends. But sometimes it doesn't.

If that happens, or if your sadness gets bad enough that you decide to check out, please make sure that you see your doctor.

I'm not sure if that cheers you up, but it's some advise from a friend. I'm always available by PM...and I'm on here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Thanks for being you, XO..

Merry Christmas. :)

christmas is just a bummer season unless you are one of them....i am not....you are not....i do the winter solstice and what is called a little christmas....the image of the norman rockwell family is just a total bummer...does anyone really have that kinda family? it is all built up to be so perfect....so very very perfect

Winter solstice is cool. Lots of people celebrate it.

I try to keep certain traditions at Christmastime, it makes me feel happy and the season magical.

People do plan for solstice all year in the same way tho.

Sorry to hear that, JW. Alcohol is a depressant, so I bet that plays a huge part in it. You're pretty fantastic in my book, though. That shouldn't really matter. but I thought I would tell you anyway. My great grandmother told me never to let a compliment go unsaid or unrepeated.

26 years ago tomorrow two men died before my eyes and as fate would have it, in my stead.I get the blues this time every year, I usually drink myself into a stupor in their memory and honour.Works for me because I then have a great Christmas and New Year.I have to exorcise the same ghosts over and over.

Good luck Frog, you sound like a survivor.

Last edited:
christmas is just a bummer season unless you are one of them....i am not....you are not....i do the winter solstice and what is called a little christmas....the image of the norman rockwell family is just a total bummer...does anyone really have that kinda family? it is all built up to be so perfect....so very very perfect

I enjoy some things about Christmas, but I usually get the blues this time of year. This year is no exception. I haven't even put the tree up yet! I think I'm in denial. If I ignore it, it might go away. :lol:

But it always gets better after the holidays are over. Hang in there Frogen, this too shall pass.

Here's a happy song for you, JW.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPuYfFw-9Oo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPuYfFw-9Oo[/ame]

It's 'cos the season is arse about face JW. It's hot, damn hot! But we insist on having a huge roast dinner. Damnit some folks I know turn up the aircon to 11 (thank you Tap) and wear jumpers to sit down and eat all that hot food on Christmas Day. I know how you feel, my genes, my very self insists that I should be freezing my arse off instead of lolling about in shorts drinking copious amounts of ice cold beer.......okay, okay, maybe it does have something going for it.

But on a more serious note. 'Tis the season of blueness for some. You have your family which is good, many singletons and lonelytons feel the pressure at this time of the year. Sadly I've seen some of the results of that loneliness. Not good.

So cheer up old mate, remember the footy season is but months away and the Eagles and the Dockers will be the easybeats for the new season once more!

Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things!

Forum List

Back