I was wrong

wealth is not a zero sum game. Just because one person makes a billion does not mean that someone else or a collective of someone elses loses a billion.

So a rich gut at the in the top 1% is NOT stealing your money from you.

If you have no money, it is no one's fault but your own. So instead of whining that "It's not fair", get off your lazy fucking ass and do something about it.

Without government, the rich get to determine how the wealth will be distributed. In this case, they keep 90% for themselves and distribute the remaining 10% to the 99% who worked for it.
Explain how executive salaries went up 48% while the workers recieved no increase?

Oh yes...they EARNED it

The best way to get rich is to own some of the means of production. If you can't do that then choose wealthy parents. If you haven't got the sense to either own some of the means of production or be born to rich parents then stop whining and get on with it.

Damn fools.

:lol:

Or people could take the effort they put into complaining, and/or coming up with excuses, and put it into bettering themselves.

Right. They need to get off their arses and better themselves. So, if everyone got off their arses and bettered themselves what would happen?

we wouldn't have a bunch of fat whiny idiots sitting in front of the boob tube for 8 hours a day

HORRORS

wealth is not a zero sum game. Just because one person makes a billion does not mean that someone else or a collective of someone elses loses a billion.

If you have no money, it is no one's fault but your own. So instead of whining that "It's not fair", get off your lazy fucking ass and do something about it.

Without government, the rich get to determine how the wealth will be distributed. In this case, they keep 90% for themselves and distribute the remaining 10% to the 99% who worked for it.
Explain how executive salaries went up 48% while the workers recieved no increase?

Oh yes...they EARNED it

All generalizations are bad

And the government should not ever determine how money is distributed unless of course you want to live in communist china

That was a good diversion. :D

But back to a more serious question.

What is the purpose of an economy? Is it to deliver wealth into the hands of 1% of the population? Or does it have another purpose?

Oh yes...they EARNED it

And the government should not ever determine how money is distributed unless of course you want to live in communist china

But - All generalizations are bad

What is the purpose of an economy? Is it to deliver wealth into the hands of 1% of the population? Or does it have another purpose?

Again you are assuming that if someone earns more than another then a person loses in the end because of another's gain. you're wrong.

Oh yes...they EARNED it

But - All generalizations are bad

that wasn't a generalization my friend. it was a specific example of a government controlling the distribution of money

Again you are assuming that if someone earns more than another then a person loses in the end because of another's gain. you're wrong.

No I didn't. I asked:

1. What is the purpose of an economy?

and to kick things off I then asked:

2. Is it to deliver wealth into the hands of 1% of the population?

or

3. Does it have another purpose?

So I asked a general question, then I asked a more specific question designed to elicit some responses along a particular line and then I asked a more open question.

I assumed nothing.

An economy results from the production, distribution and consumption of goods. It has no purpose but rather is the result of other activities.

Or people could take the effort they put into complaining, and/or coming up with excuses, and put it into bettering themselves.

Right. They need to get off their arses and better themselves. So, if everyone got off their arses and bettered themselves what would happen?

we wouldn't have a bunch of fat whiny idiots sitting in front of the boob tube for 8 hours a day

HORRORS
How are they any different than a smug bunch of fat whiny asses blathering away on message boards?

How does one get their wealth stolen from them?
When some are taking more than their share of the common wealth, more than they even need, that is theft. Whether stolen by legal or illegal means, it is still theft.

Who the hell are you to presume that one who has more than another that they stole it.

Unless of course you are changing the definition of theft.

So in your mind if I sell something to someone and make a profit then I stole that profit from the person I sold a product?

HORRORS
How are they any different than a smug bunch of fat whiny asses blathering away on message boards?

15 or 20 minutes a day of active debate and discourse is not the same as passively staring at a TV

How does one get their wealth stolen from them?
When some are taking more than their share of the common wealth, more than they even need, that is theft. Whether stolen by legal or illegal means, it is still theft.

Who the hell are you to presume that one who has more than another that they stole it.

Unless of course you are changing the definition of theft.

So in your mind if I sell something to someone and make a profit then I stole that profit from the person I sold a product?
If you are living in luxury and that person is living in poverty you are stealing, instead of sharing. But we can't count on you to do the right thing. That is why we have governments.

The best way to get rich is to own some of the means of production. If you can't do that then choose wealthy parents. If you haven't got the sense to either own some of the means of production or be born to rich parents then stop whining and get on with it.

Damn fools.

:lol:

So I'm wasting my time trying to become a really tall black basketball player ? Crap !

Okay. We'll get off our asses and steal it back. :lol:

An economy results from the production, distribution and consumption of goods. It has no purpose but rather is the result of other activities.

I think an "economy". the word we use to describe specific, organised, deliberate (planned), collective activities, isn't determined by its activities so much as its purpose. Human beings are rational, our actions - individually and collectively - are definitely purposeful. Any non-purposeful behaviour is usually extinguished when it's useless nature is identified. The purpose of the collective activity we call "the economy" is to sustain human life (individually and collectively) and to make it as pleasant as possible.

Forum List

Back