I was wrong on Pelosi. I side with Leon Panetta.

Well, Penetta was not there at the time, he should defend his own department, however what he said was not true...meaning, the CIA planned Iran contra affair, without letting congress know about it so, the CIA does not have the best of records as he implied...yes, 95% of the time they have been good and on the up and up, HOWEVER history does show, they have lied to congress and the American people, previously.

Panetta did not go in to ANY details on what precisely WAS SAID and of course there is no detailed records of it...bs., due to supposed confidentiality and only general notes....

I don't think any of us have enough REAL info yet to say that Nancy is lying or the CIA is lying, other than hype of he said she said....

I would recommend an independent investigation before saying the CIA actually did lie, or that she actually did, and should resign due to it.

Newt said some things that were uncalled for, and before i heard him today on the 24/7 I was leaning against her on all of this, but after newt was an ASSHOLE, I'm back to wanting a truth squad! :D :lol:

Care

Well, Penetta was not there at the time, he should defend his own department, however what he said was not true...meaning, the CIA planned Iran contra affair, without letting congress know about it so, the CIA does not have the best of records as he implied...yes, 95% of the time they have been good and on the up and up, HOWEVER history does show, they have lied to congress and the American people, previously.

Panetta did not go in to ANY details on what precisely WAS SAID and of course there is no detailed records of it...bs., due to supposed confidentiality and only general notes....

I don't think any of us have enough REAL info yet to say that Nancy is lying or the CIA is lying, other than hype of he said she said....

I would recommend an independent investigation before saying the CIA actually did lie, or that she actually did, and should resign due to it.

Newt said some things that were uncalled for, and before i heard him today on the 24/7 I was leaning against her on all of this, but after newt was an ASSHOLE, I'm back to wanting a truth squad! :D :lol:

Care
Panetta's memo was worded in such a way that it actually said nothing...he claimed the CIA isn't in the habit of misleading congress, or words to that effect. He did not say that the CIA doesn't ever mislead Congress...he's becoming a good spook master, lol...his job is to protect his agency.

Interesting how the "liberal media" misinterpreted his quote and used it as "proof" that Pelosi lied.

If we're counting on the veracity of the CIA to discredit Pelosi, we're counting on an agency with a fifty year history of misleading both Congress and every POTUS they ever worked for.

I have no idea what they told Pelosi, nor do I much care, either. The DEms rolled over and let Bush II's admin do anything it damned well pleased, so their protestations that they didn't know or were mislead simply do not much impress me. They were cowardly and failed to do their jobs in Congress.

But I know damned well that the record of the CIA isn't good when it comes to truth telling.

And if any of you read the history of the CIA, you'll know that too.

Both Republican POTUS and Democratic POTUS distrusted that organization precisely because it lies like a rug.

Last edited:
If we're counting on the veracity of the CIA to discredit Pelosi, we're counting on an agency with a fifty year history of misleading both Congress and every POTUS they ever worked for.

I have no idea what they told Pelosi, nor do I much care, either. The DEms rolled over and let Bush II's admin do anything it damned well pleased, so their protestations that they didn't know or were mislead simply do not much impress me. They were cowardly and failed to do their jobs in Congress.

But I know damned well that the record of the CIA isn't good when it comes to truth telling.

Both Republican POTUS and Democratic POTUS distrusted that organization precisely because it lies like a rug.

Yet Pelosi doesn't claim now that they didn't at least inform her aide.
Also I got a feeling we are going to learn more and more about what Pelosi knew.
I have heard there are slideshows from these briefings as well. It would be some shit if those slideshows were leaked to the media.

The Democrats couldn't do much at that point, they were in the position that Rs are in now. Dems did fight back eventually and it was a successful effort, look at them now. For awhile there the Bush administration was very good at using the terrorist threat to get just about anything they wanted.

There were complaints in 2005 that even though we were still throwing money at that pit in Iraq, the generals still weren't keeping congress informed, the president only wanted them to hand over money and to shut up about it. Remember the goals that the new Iraqi government was supposed to meet at certain timelines? We were also to account for the money being spent over there which never actually happened. Thus all the secrecy about it.

Now Republicans are minimizing the importance of the CIA being hazy about what was said in the one meeting she attended in 2002 when she wasn't even speaker and using that meeting against her..

:cuckoo:

Care

Odd isn't it that Pelosi is willing to take the CIA's word at face-value on one issue, while calling for Bush's head for taking the CIA's word at face-value on another issue during the exact same timeframe.

Well, not really so odd.:lol:

In order to have any perspective on this topic it is necessary to get into your wayback machine and consider the times of these events. After 911 America went bonkers, well not all America but a great deal of it. I am always amazed at the contrast between Oklahoma City and the WTC, had McVeigh not been found quickly or had got away one can only speculate on the insanity that would have ensued. Man is not a very brave object sometimes. Remember the Washington shooters.

I am not defending Pelosi but in that time the very same people - VERY SAME - would have been calling her every name under the sun had she considered thoughtful actions not just actions, how many can take the criticism that some took when they examined or even considered why someone would seek to hurt us. Hypocrites are often out on Mondays revising the past through a filter that is the present. Iraq stands as the example of the power of fear.

Once Upon a Time...: Trapped in the Wrong Paradigm: Three Handy Rules

I made a mistake.

:cool:

Emptywheel » Senator Bob Graham: The CIA Made Up Two Briefing Sessions

Bob Graham is anal about taking notes. He writes everything down. So when he checked the dates that the CIA said they briefed him, they were wrong 3 out of 4.

So they are probably wrong/lying about Pelosi.

And liberal media my ass. Why is the media distracted by Pelosi & not the Bush administration that gave the orders?

Wasn't she sworn to secrecy? Weren't those top secret briefings?

This is just like when Dan Rather did a piece on Bush not showing up for National Guard duty and the story got shifted to be about Rather. Did we ever determine if Bush really did go MIA in the Guard? Are we ever going to shift back to Bush/Rice/Cheney/Rumsfeld & Gonzales?

In order to have any perspective on this topic it is necessary to get into your wayback machine and consider the times of these events. After 911 America went bonkers, well not all America but a great deal of it. I am always amazed at the contrast between Oklahoma City and the WTC, had McVeigh not been found quickly or had got away one can only speculate on the insanity that would have ensued. Man is not a very brave object sometimes. Remember the Washington shooters.

I am not defending Pelosi but in that time the very same people - VERY SAME - would have been calling her every name under the sun had she considered thoughtful actions not just actions, how many can take the criticism that some took when they examined or even considered why someone would seek to hurt us. Hypocrites are often out on Mondays revising the past through a filter that is the present. Iraq stands as the example of the power of fear.

I am defending Pelosi. The Bush team was not above ruining careers if someone didn't go along with them. Look at Joe Wilson & Valerie Plames.

The outted a CIA agent for god sakes. They started a war for money for god sakes.

Do any of you put anything past the Bush/Cheney?

Being behind 9-11, sending out the anthrax,

Why put anything past them when they lied us into a war that cost a trillion dollars? Why when they have been caught lying about a thousand things? Why when they would divide our nation for political reasons? When they ruined our economy for the masses to benefit the few. I put NOTHING past them.

I am defending Pelosi. The Bush team was not above ruining careers if someone didn't go along with them. Look at Joe Wilson & Valerie Plames.

The outted a CIA agent for god sakes. They started a war for money for god sakes.

Do any of you put anything past the Bush/Cheney?

Being behind 9-11, sending out the anthrax,

Why put anything past them when they lied us into a war that cost a trillion dollars? Why when they have been caught lying about a thousand things? Why when they would divide our nation for political reasons? When they ruined our economy for the masses to benefit the few. I put NOTHING past them.

larson_what_dogs_hear.jpg

Why worry about Pelosi? Had she screamed to high heavon it would have changed nothing. The Bush admin was determined to torture people, and torture people it did. It also broke the law by trying to frame people, illegally arresting and detaining them without due process. Citizens, not terrorists.

The main players in the Bush admin should have to stand before the Hague.

Why worry about Pelosi? Had she screamed to high heavon it would have changed nothing. The Bush admin was determined to torture people, and torture people it did. It also broke the law by trying to frame people, illegally arresting and detaining them without due process. Citizens, not terrorists.

The main players in the Bush admin should have to stand before the Hague.

And why would a liberal media work so hard for the GOP like this?

This is an old tactic where they shift the blame onto someone else.

The Bush team tortured, yet all the media is talking about is Pelosi?

If it were just last week and this week they focused back on Bush, fine, but they won't stop until it saves Bush.

See how the media matters? Just because they tell an anti GOP story once, does not make them liberal. People forget unless they drill it home over and over day after day.

Much like they tried with Obama and Midrasa's and Ayers and Rev. Wright.

Scott McClellan, Pelosi, Powell, Rather, Tenat, Armitage,

Anytime anyone says anything about the Bush administration, the focus becomes them, not the information they are giving.

So the Bush administration broke hundreds of laws, and the media kept quiet. Clinton got one blowjob and they wouldn't shut up about it.

LIBERAL MEDIA MY ASS!!!!

Ah yes,, rathergate, rather printed a story as fact using doctored documents,,

let's move forward with an investigation.. that should eat up about four good years.. but I want no cherry picking,, I want to hear it all..

Forum List

Back