I want to start a new, centrist political party, who's with me?

No, I'm not with you. This looks like a melding of the two current clusterf**ks.

Hence being centrist.

Centrist is not automatically intelligent. A Centrist who places himself on a straight line between our two political parties is on a straight line between idiots.

Any time you start with endorsing particular issues and than proceed to constructing beliefs based on that exercise you are in the game of politics. A losing game.

Start with your beliefs and you positions will create themselves based on what you think is right and correct.

What you have stated are debating points. You need to state a postion statement of your basic understanding of what a person's individual rights and responsibilites within a society are. Once you understand that for yourself, then you can try to construct a movement.

What you seem to want to start is less of political party and more of a conferance committee.

Regardless, throw out the collective ideology and adopt more of the individualistic and I'm on board.

Can you expand on that?

Simple, social engineering by the government, in terms of the greater good, is failing horribly. We need to cultivate the individual and the entrepreneur....not the government and it's various forms of handouts.

No, I'm not with you. This looks like a melding of the two current clusterf**ks.

Hence being centrist.

Centrist is not automatically intelligent. A Centrist who places himself on a straight line between our two political parties is on a straight line between idiots.

Any time you start with endorsing particular issues and than proceed to constructing beliefs based on that exercise you are in the game of politics. A losing game.

Start with your beliefs and you positions will create themselves based on what you think is right and correct.

What you have stated are debating points. You need to state a postion statement of your basic understanding of what a person's individual rights and responsibilites within a society are. Once you understand that for yourself, then you can try to construct a movement.

What you seem to want to start is less of political party and more of a conferance committee.

Not necessarily. The OP talked about reaffirming abortion rights. Is that really a compromise position? No, it's a declarative stand on one side of an issue. A centrist can both take the middle ground between two positions, and can also pick and choose which side of an issue they're on. Moderate, centrist, and independent all seem to be used interchangeably.

Forum List

Back