I took that 6-1 bet

Post time is in 90 minutes you better get you some of this....

The object is to be in the minority with your bet sparky. The more people that make the same bet reduces the odds and your winnings.
Once you have made your bet dumbass, the odds at the time of the bet are what's paid no matter what else happens after your bet. If you bet at 6-1, they're going to pay 6-1 if you win, no matter what the closing odds were.

Had you continued reading the thread instead of being your usual ignorant, uninformed reactionary idiot self, you would have seen that my particular horse actually went to 7-1 after the parade right before post time. Those who made their bet then got the 7-1 odds, we who made it before were still stuck with the 6-1.

You seem to know nothing, about anything.

PWNED!.JPG

Horses Betting
Getting Started

To place a bet you must first access your account and then choose “Horses”, at the top of your screen. Then, select the track by clicking on the name of the track. Once the track is selected, you should choose the race you would wish to bet on. Next, a listing of the horses, jockeys and current odds will appear on the right side of your screen. In the box marked “Amount” please enter the amount you would like to bet, do not use decimals or the $ sign. Next, choose the type of bet you would like, (i.e. WIN/PLACE/SHOW, EXACTA, QUINELLA, etc…)

Win is First place, Place is Second place and Show is Third Place. For example, if you wanted to bet $10 "across the board" (Win, Place and Show) on the 7 horse, you would enter 10 in the Amount Box, and then check the WIN, PLACE, and SHOW boxes below the 7 horse. Then you would click on “Build ticket”. You should then see the confirmation page, giving you a description of your bet and the total amount risked. You can choose to CONFIRM or CLOSE. If you want to cancel your wager, click on CLOSE. If you would like to submit your wager, simply click on COMFIRM.

Exotic Wagers

Making an exotic wager is just like placing a straight wager except you will be selecting multiple horses. Simply put a dollar amount in the “Amount” box, then click on the desired wager. Next, choose the number that corresponds with the horse you would like to select.

The following is a list of exotic wagers we offer, depending on the track:

Quinella bet: Choose 2 horses to come in first and/or second. If your 2 horses come in 1 st and 2 nd, your bet is a winner.

Exacta / Perfecta bet: Choose 1 horse to come in 1 st and one horse to come in 2 nd. If your horses come in exactly in that order, your bet is a winner.

Trifecta bet: Choose 3 horses to come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. If your horses come in exactly in that order, your bet is a winner.

Superfecta bets: Choose 4 horses to come in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place. If your horses come in exactly in that order, your bet is a winner.

Daily Double bet: Choose 2 horses from consecutive races to come in 1st place in each race, respectively. Your horses must win each race for your bet to be a winner.

Pick 3 bet: Choose 3 horses from consecutive races to come in 1st place in each race, respectively. Your horses must win each race for your bet to be a winner.

Boxing horse bets: With most exotic wagers you may also “box” the horses. This means they can come in any order. For example, if you bet a $2 Trifecta Box on horses 1-3-7, you win if the 1, 3 and 7 horse all finish in the top three, regardless of their order.

Using the above example, if 7-3-1 finish first, second and third, you win! You can “box” a wager, simply by picking the box bet of your choice. By boxing a wager you are essentially buying a ticket for all the different combinations for the horses you selected. So, in the above example the total wager cost would be $12, because there are 6 possible combinations.

Coupled pairs
Sometimes horses are coupled. That is there will be a 1 and a 1A. Most times one of the horses will be scratched, but if they both run, you get them both. So, if you select a horse that is part of a coupled pair (horses 1 and 1A) both horses would be considered as one selection.

For example, if you played 1-3-7 as your trifecta and result was 1A-3-7, you win. Also, if one horse gets scratched, you have the other horse regardless of who you selected. If you select 1A and 1A gets scratched, your bet will still stand on the 1 horse.

Results
As race times may change throughout the day, Management reserves the right to cancel any ticket made at/or after the track's actual posted time (including seconds). It will be deemed as "No Action" and your money will be returned. For this reason, our race programs have a 10 minute earlier post time than the actual race.

Payouts
Payouts will be made based on the actual track payout. The Morning Line (ML) listed in the race program is just informational and is not used to calculate the payouts. Your account will reflect any payouts once the race is graded.

The following table shows the maximum total bet that will be paid out at actual track odds:

Major Tracks (A-B)

Wager Type Max. Bet Max $2 Payout Max Odds
Win
$250
- Track Odds

Place
$250
- Track Odds

Show
$250
- Track Odds

Quinella
$100
$150 75/1

Exacta
$100
$300 150/1

Trifecta
$100
$500 250/1

Superfecta
$100
$800 400/1

Daily Double
$100
$300 150/1

Picks 3,4,5,6
$100
$300 150/1

Horses Betting
Getting Started ~nonsensical bullshit paste from a gambling site removed~
None of the crap you pasted there backs your original idiotic, ignorant assertion, nor does it in any way assail what I schooled you on.

You cannot dazzle with brilliance, since you have none -- so you try to baffle with bullshit.

your an idiot when the winning derby jockey of the derby opts to ride a filly in the preakness .....you better be crossing the board with some fucking money...do you even understand the concept of handicapping? the derby was a mud race....

c101...there are handicapping forms that list the horses passed performances..how they run in mud ect...horses are funny animals....some like to run in mud, some wont...a winner one day will lay down on you the next day...and you have to watch the jockeys...big clue when the owners of mind that bird...said the filly was a "superfilly" and they didnt blame the jockey for switching...

damn mm if you want to waste money give it to a horse rescue charity

c101 ....use an ot is you do not want to go to the track...but in normal betting..say like at bowie part of the fun is watching the race....we had owners seats...given to us for the day....air conditioned ...drinks..etc...we stood on the finish line...snapping our fingers....dry, dusty and smelling but that is what racing is about...that bulshit derby dress up crap is simply that....the triple crowns deserved the finer things....but a normal track is a lot of fun

now as for betting....a couple of bucks on the horse you fancy....always keep your ticket even after the winner is announced....things change....dont gamble if you cant afford it...and if you find yourself going to the track daily and the other handicappers know you by nickname....stop going lol

btw i hit the lowest pay out at bowie.....2 bucks paid 2.10 i think.....so many of the field had been scartched....

your an idiot when the winning derby jockey of the derby opts to ride a filly in the preakness .....you better be crossing the board with some fucking money...do you even understand the concept of handicapping? the derby was a mud race....

c101...there are handicapping forms that list the horses passed performances..how they run in mud ect...horses are funny animals....some like to run in mud, some wont...a winner one day will lay down on you the next day...and you have to watch the jockeys...big clue when the owners of mind that bird...said the filly was a "superfilly" and they didnt blame the jockey for switching...

damn mm if you want to waste money give it to a horse rescue charity
You're kidding right? Did you even watch the race? My horse came from the absolute back of the pack and was passing the filly at the finish. Another 30 yards and he would have won. And mud wasn't a factor. By your simplistic reasoning, Mine That Bird should have been 50-1 again like he was in the Derby.

He even got bottled up in traffic right in the middle, had to go outside and still only lost by 3/4 of a length. It was a hell of a good bet at 6-1. I smelled an upset, and it very nearly happened.

And by the way, I spend alot of $ on animal rescue charity. Horses, all livestock, and domestic pet animals. I run a "Barn Cat" program here, were we trap feral cats in the city then get them their shots, get them spayed or neutered then find them great homes in barns of farmers/ranchers in the area. Do not presume to lecture me on work for the animals.

Last edited:
Came in 2nd.... Came from the back of the pack again but lost by 3/4 of a length... Needed about a furlong more to win.....

There went 10 Grand...
Well, I thanked you ten times and increased your rep, so I hope that softens the blow a little bit.

Hmm, maybe I should thank you 10,000 times . . .
Only one thanks counts but, it's actually the thought that counts.

You'll no doubt find out I'm hated by all Libs here simply because I CAN put 10 grand on a horse just for the fun of it, they hate all "rich" folks like me...

This almost cancels out the $15K I earned in short stocks a couple months ago.... So my income for the year stays below the poverty line!

No one hates you.

Some of us may think you are rather foolish investing $10 large in horseracing...but who's to say what you should do with your money.

Better luck next time.

No one hates you.

Some of us may think you are rather foolish investing $10 large in horseracing...but who's to say what you should do with your money.

Better luck next time.
Ahh, my medical friend.... Yes there are those who hate me because they think I am "rich." Sealybozo comes to mind.... But of course all of that is beside the fine point you actually made, about what folks should do with their money.

No one hates you.

Better luck next time.
Ahh, my medical friend.... Yes there are those who hate me because they think I am "rich." Sealybozo comes to mind.... But of course all of that is beside the fine point you actually made, about what folks should do with their money.

Even if I had an expendable 1,000,000 pennies lying around, I wouldn't gamble with it because gambling just makes me too nervous.

I guess that makes me conservative with my money.

No one hates you.

Better luck next time.

Even if I had an expendable 1,000,000 pennies lying around, I wouldn't gamble with it because gambling just makes me too nervous.

I guess that makes me conservative with my money.
I very seldom gamble. One of the issues with this was, the trainer of the horse is from the region where I am. A total nobody in the world of horse racing. And his 50-1 longshot won the Derby. I saw that 6-1 for this race and said, "Nah.... They're just asking for it" and they were.

And they got it, as it turns out. My 10 grand. Never gamble anything you cannot afford to lose is an old adage, and I followed it.

Should have placed that bet to win, place or show.

Oh well, better luck next time.
I actually thought about it. But I'm never too wishy-washy, I believed the horse was going to win, so that was the bet.

Next big bet? Dallas Cowboys are only 10-1 to win the Super Bowl this coming season....

Hmmm....

Forum List

Back