I think I'm reaching my limit with the depravity of TV

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I watched a Louis C.K. comedy special on Netflix and my son was watching with me, and Louis made a joke that he would have sex with a dead child.

And I think I've finally reached my limit with the depravity of TV.

It's bad enough they throw homosexual sex scenes in every TV show nowadays, but now they are introducing characters who claim they are not men or women, and we have to deal with that too.

But with Louis C.K. making jokes about having sex with dead children, I've reached my limit.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do, but I'm thinking seriously about eliminating TV from my life, or at least most of it.

I watched a Louis C.K. comedy special on Netflix and my son was watching with me, and Louis made a joke that he would have sex with a dead child.

It's bad enough they throw homosexual sex scenes in every TV show nowadays, but now they are introducing characters who claim they are not men or women, and we have to deal with that too.

But with Louis C.K. making jokes about having sex with dead children, I've reached my limit.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do, but I'm thinking seriously about eliminating TV from my life, or at least most of it.

You'd be better off eliminating that stick from your ass, grandma. I'm sure Louis C.K made no such joke.

When I was a kid, before the stations shut off at night, the station would say. "Thank you for viewing. We realize we are a guest in your home and we will bring high standards realizing that." (Or close to that.)

Nowadays the bar is so low, you'd think psychotics and pedophiles are running the station.

I gave it up some time ago and have never missed it. You can purchase pure flix dvd movies (Christian movies) online and they will send it to your house. I have never heard of Louis C.K. but it sounds like he sold his soul to the devil in exchange for filthy lucre. What he said was truly satanic. Something I suspect a satanist would say. He won't be laughing in hell.

Every tv I've ever seen came equipped with an on/off switch. I got divorced form american television decades ago.

I gave it up some time ago and have never missed it. You can purchase pure flix dvd movies (Christian movies) online and they will send it to your house. I have never heard of Louis C.K. but it sounds like he sold his soul to the devil in exchange for filthy lucre. What he said was truly satanic. Something I suspect a satanist would say. He won't be laughing in hell.

Oh for fuck sake.

When I was a kid, before the stations shut off at night, the station would say. "Thank you for viewing. We realize we are a guest in your home and we will bring high standards realizing that." (Or close to that.)

Nowadays the bar is so low, you'd think psychotics and pedophiles are running the station.
In many cases, they are. What is truly sad is these same type individuals are now in the highest echelons of political offices throughout the land. I hope Trump drains the swamp thoroughly. It's time!

Oh for fuck sake.
Quit your cussing. There are ladies present and they do not want to read your filthy language.

Fuck

Oh for fuck sake.
Quit your cussing. There are ladies present and they do not want to read your filthy language.

That's ok, I'm not real crazy about your sky fairy talk, fuck off.

You'd be better off eliminating that stick from your ass, grandma. I'm sure Louis C.K made no such joke.
I have posted proof. Apologize for calling me a liar.

You think he made it up? What possible motive would he have? People who make things up do not include details. He did. He was watching the show with his son and was disgusted by what he heard. What is your problem with him warning others of what he heard? I commend him for it. And you? What is wrong with you defending some wicked man who is making a joke about having sex with dead children? Why are you accusing Blackrook of lying in order to excuse that wicked man? Have you no conscience?

You had better straighten up! You owe him an apology!

I remember the National Anthem a high pitched sound and.....

There is a plethora of high quality entertainment on television today, some of the best that ever was. And yes, there is junk too. Free market - don't conservatives love that?

Something offends you? Shut it off! Talk about whiny snowflakes, sheesh.

Don't be a lazy parent and watch an adult comedian with your child without checking the content beforehand. For your convenience, ratings of broadcast television AND cable programming have been provided for decades now.

Grow up.

I have netflix and read the synopsis before adding it to my collection. I also have a nice collection of dvd's. I pick and choose what I wish to see. Try it sometime.

With that said..yes. TV is now disgusting most of the time. Ever watch the New Match Game? Nasty. Every match word has to do with sex or a body part. As does most tv shows. Thank God for FF on the remote when its a good movie but has a lot of sex scenes.

Forum List

Back