I think I'm going to be my grandson's worst nightmare~

You’re wasting your time. The constitution is meaningless. Our government refuses to follow it and ignores it whenever it so chooses.

The result is we have a lawless government that clearly needs fixing.

Citizens informing themselves is never a waste of time.

THank you for that. Quite honestly, I am doing it for another reason. As I age, my vocabulary is not as expansive as it once was and I am forgetting a lot. This should help my brain functioning.

If your gandson can benefit, it's still not a waste of time. He needs to know the reality of the founding and they don't teach it in schools anymore.

Yes, they do.

Yeah, that's why college students can even name the three branches of our government.

:lol:

Check your sentence again.

THank you for that. Quite honestly, I am doing it for another reason. As I age, my vocabulary is not as expansive as it once was and I am forgetting a lot. This should help my brain functioning.

If your gandson can benefit, it's still not a waste of time. He needs to know the reality of the founding and they don't teach it in schools anymore.

Yes, they do.

Yeah, that's why college students can even name the three branches of our government.

I knew what he meant and so did you. The only difference between you and me is that you laughed at him and I did not. Some teacher :rolleyes:

I have been increasingly interested in the Constitution with Kavanaugh being our newest Supreme Court Justice and the questions that arise about the Impeachment, I find I just want to know more.

I just bought a High School Textbook, WE THE PEOPLE, to become educated on the Constitution and the effect on the citizens. And my grandson will definitely take this course, I will see to that! What fun we'll have, studying together!

Can't wait to tell him! The look on his face will be priceless!
You’re wasting your time. The constitution is meaningless. Our government refuses to follow it and ignores it whenever it so chooses.

Learn a new language if you want to firm up the thinking lump.
That would be useless because I wouldn't be applying it. ...

Why not?

Yes, they do.

OOPS! Fixed LOL

Yes, they do.

I knew what he meant and so did you. The only difference between you and me is that you laughed at him and I did not. Some teacher :rolleyes:

Your way he learns nothing; isn’t even aware of his error. That’s not helping.

Why not?
Uh, most of the people I know speak English.

Yes, they do.

But laughing at him is? We all make typos.

Why not?
Uh, most of the people I know speak English.

Something stopping you from meeting more people?

Yes, they do.

But laughing at him is? ....

Yup. Give him a little credit. He can take it.

I have been increasingly interested in the Constitution with Kavanaugh being our newest Supreme Court Justice and the questions that arise about the Impeachment, I find I just want to know more.

I just bought a High School Textbook, WE THE PEOPLE, to become educated on the Constitution and the effect on the citizens. And my grandson will definitely take this course, I will see to that! What fun we'll have, studying together!

You can't defend your rights if you don't know what they are, that's the first step.

You can't defend your rights if you don't know what they are, that's the first step.
Of course you’re right. All one has to do is read the Bill of Rights and no more. When one does this, it should dawn on them that our government is not abiding by the Constitution. This means our government is operating illegally.

Of course you’re right. All one has to do is read the Bill of Rights and no more. When one does this, it should dawn on them that our government is not abiding by the Constitution. This means our government is operating illegally.
Maybre more people should become interested In the constitution and vote for those that support it.

That because we have allowed liberals to decide it is a "Living Document" that changes as society changes. Soon we won't even notice it is our constitution any more.
If the constitution is not DEAD, then it is LIVING! :) :lol:

I don't believe the constitution is ever changing at it's core...

I do believe the founders created it, so that it was not so steadfast or would systematically leave out societal changes....

I think it gave leeway FOR societal changes, through the amendment process...from slavery to a non slavery nation, to the right to vote for every citizen.... to limited presidential term limits from no presidential term limits etc....

Hillsdale college has an on-line course on the constitution they offer for free to anybody :banana:
Really? Interesting! I just looked it up. That's fascinating! How do they manage to offer free courses from certified professors? Alums pay?

Maybre more people should become interested In the constitution and vote for those that support it.
Voting for either of the two major parties clearly isn’t the answer. Both serve the interests of the 1% and fail to follow the constitution.

Forum List

Back