I think I found my new career

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I have NOT APPLIED or even found a school yet

I bought a book on basic EM and radiation physics and I feel in love ❤️❤️.

I love reading about photons , planks constant , Rads , Rems , Joules , Coulombs , ionization , X rays , Ohms laws , eV etc …..

I could look into X ray tech , CT scans , MRI , etc

Only started 3 days ago and it’s all new to me but I am catching on

My dad said I should try to go into this field or he will hire an attorney and get me on disability.

I was reading at 2 am , I never do that

Last edited:
My dad said I should try to go into this field or he will hire an attorney and get me on disability.

I was reading at 2 am , I never do that
Hmmm... Go into radiation, or get on disability from the gubmint. Hell, why not BOTH?!?

I have NOT APPLIED or even found a school yet

I bought a book on basic EM and radiation physics and I feel in love ❤️❤️.

I love reading about photons , planks constant , Rads , Rems , Joules , Coulombs , ionization , X rays , Ohms laws , eV etc …..

I could look into X ray tech , CT scans , MRI , etc

Only started 3 days ago and it’s all new to me but I am catching on
Please publish where you will be working. I'm not sure I would want to trust that facility.

Actually...
If you learned how to repair and work on these things....it's a massive pay hike over the tech that uses the equipment.
AND
Where you don't work as much....you more than make up for it by getting really paid when you do work.

I used to get paid really well installing these things. I never worked on the equipment itself...those guys usually travel (company paid all their expenses) and then they were gone to wherever.

You know which end of the screwdriver to hold don't you?
Know something about electricity?
Motor controls? Actuators? How about machine code and ladder logic?
None of this stuff is especially difficult but it does require some study and knowledge. Then some specialized training.

But medical equipment repair techs make BANK! Nice perks and bennies too. And hospital staff are told to leave you alone because you cost too much to bother you in a conversation. You charge by the quarter hour....($100 and up for every 15 minutes)
And it's $1,000 just to show up and say, "Yep its broke, you were right to call me"

Then there the other famous line, "I'll need to order parts, I'll be back when they come in"
See? Your social interactions are already perfected.

Forum List

Back