I take it back Mr. President....this is NOT leadership.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Well how things can change in a single day.
Today the President loses my accolades because in just one day he has returned to partisan hackery that we have come to know him for.

Today - he announces SS checks may not be mailed Aug. 3rd if the debt ceiling is not raised.
Bullshit.
That is either a lie today, or it is a lie that they have been saying that the debt ceiling would not delay SS as there is enough money to carry through for several months.

If this is true - that there truly is not enough money in the federal coffer to pay Social Security - then folks we are in a faaaaaaaaaaaar greater abyss than we ever thought of before - and this President has spent us into it.

Today the President loses my accolades because in just one day he has returned to partisan hackery that we have come to know him for.

Today - he announces SS checks may not be mailed Aug. 3rd if the debt ceiling is not raised.
Bullshit.
That is either a lie today, or it is a lie that they have been saying that the debt ceiling would not delay SS as there is enough money to carry through for several months.

If this is true - that there truly is not enough money in the federal coffer to pay Social Security - then folks we are in a faaaaaaaaaaaar greater abyss than we ever thought of before - and this President has spent us into it.

I really really really want him NOT to mail those SS checks. I really really do. It'll be worth it.

The date and its immediate effects are nothing but fear mongering by Obama and the Democrats. Yesterday, it was both parties who were causing Obama troubles. Now Obama is causing Obama problems. President Flip-flop better withdraw from consideration in 2012.

The date and its immediate effects are nothing but fear mongering by Obama and the Democrats. Yesterday, it was both parties who were causing Obama troubles. Now Obama is causing Obama problems. President Flip-flop better withdraw from consideration in 2012.

He deliberately and intentionally lied.

There is no shame in that man.

He is a fucking scumbag.

Bullshit.

I disagreed with you yesterday but respect your objectivity with regard to taking THIS stand.

He's a Failed Leader who blames bank ATM's for tanking the economy and thinks its funny he pissed away almost a trillion dollars on not-so shovel ready projects (laughs).

Political views aside, I simply cannot stand Obama because of his lack of character. He is incredibly dishonest and deceitful, and I don't trust a word out of his mouth. I wouldn't vote for him even if he was the most libertarian candidate in history.

He used fear tactics during the campaign when he told su this was the worst recession since the great depression....of course sayinng that right before promising the "scared poeple" a check in the mail if he is elected.

He used fear tactics during the healthcare debate when he gave people reason to believe their home town pediatirician makes medical decisions on their children based on profit

The problem is simple......he found out during the campaign that he can say "my shit dont stink" and people would believe him.

And when someone like fox news would ask how it is possible for shit to not stink, the rest of the media would call them racists.

Bullshit.

Lied about what?

You think those checks are delivered by magic?

You close down government and the people responsible for sending those "checks", whether electronically or snail mail..aren't working.

How fucking simple is that to understand?

Transparency, no pork barrel amendments, out of the wars in 18 months, public health care option and on and on....

2012 is a good time for change.

What about the billions and billions of dollars the gov borrowed from the social security trust fund over the years and replaced with treasury notes? Does this mean those notes are worthless? What about the promises made that if needed those notes will be cashed in to pay social security? If the social security payments aren't paid in august it will be because obama deliberately wants to hurt senior citizens to make it known he is the boss. What an ASS.

Sallow, its like your local school system telling you they have to cancel the school buses and sports programs if you don't vote for the new millage. Fear tactics.

Bullshit.

Lied about what?

You close down government and the people responsible for sending those "checks", whether electronically or snail mail..aren't working.

Bullshit, Sallow.

Even in a government "shutdown" certain essential services DO continue. SS checks would still get sent out. The government shutdown has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with a SS shutdown.

Check out this news piece from February 24, 2011. Federal shutdown: Social Security checks won't stop - Feb. 23, 2011

Last edited:
Obama's threats are Such A Lie. Most of these checks are on autopilot. It will take them awhile to figure out how not to pay.

Just like how the Comptroller of California couldn't even figure out how not to pay the full payroll amounts for state workers when the law called for paying them only minimum wage.

And then there's the little fact that the government will continue to collect more than $200B per month. They have money coming in. It can be spent on essentials.

Last edited:
Didn't obiedoodle and emanuel both agree not to ever let a "crisis" go to waste?

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Bullshit.

Lied about what?

Bullshit, Sallow.

Even in a government "shutdown" certain essential services DO continue. SS checks would still get sent out. The shutdown has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with a shutdown.

Check out this news piece from February 24, 2011. Federal shutdown: Social Security checks won't stop - Feb. 23, 2011

Sallow...

EatingCrow1.jpg

^You about to look like this?...

:)

peace...

Bullshit.

Lied about what?

wow...you truly are naive.
I thought you had more wherewithal...more knowledge...less affected by the rhetoric

Certtain services do NOT shut down...and SS is one of them.

Sallow, its like your local school system telling you they have to cancel the school buses and sports programs if you don't vote for the new millage. Fear tactics.

No..its like them telling you that the school is shut down and there are no school lunches being served.

Forum List

Back