I take it back Mr. President....this is NOT leadership.

if we have say 100 billion due for debt and Principal payment in August and say another 80 billion in SS payments to make, I don't get how we cannot make those payments. Especially with the lead time running up to this over the last months...I just don't.

that he would use this, is, well, not good. It now ratchets up the politics, big time, not at the other side hasn't either BUT he or Geithner are the only ones that could have said this and, its big.

Lied about what?

You think those checks are delivered by magic?

You close down government and the people responsible for sending those "checks", whether electronically or snail mail..aren't working.

How fucking simple is that to understand?

Bullshit, Sallow.

Even in a government "shutdown" certain essential services DO continue. SS checks would still get sent out. The shutdown has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with a shutdown.

Check out this news piece from February 24, 2011. Federal shutdown: Social Security checks won't stop - Feb. 23, 2011

Sallow...

EatingCrow1.jpg

^You about to look like this?...

:)

peace...

Naw..I have hair and big teeth.

Well how things can change in a single day.
Today the President loses my accolades because in just one day he has returned to partisan hackery that we have come to know him for.

Today - he announces SS checks may not be mailed Aug. 3rd if the debt ceiling is not raised.
Bullshit.
That is either a lie today, or it is a lie that they have been saying that the debt ceiling would not delay SS as there is enough money to carry through for several months.

If this is true - that there truly is not enough money in the federal coffer to pay Social Security - then folks we are in a faaaaaaaaaaaar greater abyss than we ever thought of before - and this President has spent us into it.

Lied about what?

You close down government and the people responsible for sending those "checks", whether electronically or snail mail..aren't working.

Bullshit, Sallow.

Even in a government "shutdown" certain essential services DO continue. SS checks would still get sent out. The government shutdown has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with a SS shutdown.

Check out this news piece from February 24, 2011. Federal shutdown: Social Security checks won't stop - Feb. 23, 2011

wow, reppage for you my man..nice find. :clap2:

edit- damn, gotta spread dude, Oh you one...I am good for it;)

Last edited:
Today the President loses my accolades because in just one day he has returned to partisan hackery that we have come to know him for.

Today - he announces SS checks may not be mailed Aug. 3rd if the debt ceiling is not raised.
Bullshit.
That is either a lie today, or it is a lie that they have been saying that the debt ceiling would not delay SS as there is enough money to carry through for several months.

If this is true - that there truly is not enough money in the federal coffer to pay Social Security - then folks we are in a faaaaaaaaaaaar greater abyss than we ever thought of before - and this President has spent us into it.

Lied about what?

wow...you truly are naive.
I thought you had more wherewithal...more knowledge...less affected by the rhetoric

Certtain services do NOT shut down...and SS is one of them.

What part of...

This has NEVER happened before..doncha get?

Bullshit, Sallow.

Even in a government "shutdown" certain essential services DO continue. SS checks would still get sent out. The shutdown has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with a shutdown.

Sallow...

EatingCrow1.jpg

^You about to look like this?...

peace...

Naw..I have hair and big teeth.

Whether or not you do the Honest thing and Acknowledge Liability's Post, doesn't change the Fact that you are a Pile of Crow right now...

peace...

Lied about what?

wow...you truly are naive.
I thought you had more wherewithal...more knowledge...less affected by the rhetoric

Certtain services do NOT shut down...and SS is one of them.

What part of...

This has NEVER happened before..doncha get?

where in this exchange do you say this has never happened before?

Why the diversion....you believed the rhetoric of the presdient. He counts on fools like you to not look into the validity of what he says.

Yes...he sees you as a fool...you and many like you....he counts on you being a fool.

He has no respect for you...he knows he can lie to you and you will support what he says.
He knows if he tells you the sky is green you will believe it....and repeat it.

What is it like to admire a man who believes you are a fool?

Bullshit.

Lied about what?

Sigh...only a few weeks ago this administration said SS checks, military pay etc. would not be interrupted at least for a few months as there was enough residual assets to cover these primary liabilities for several months...today - suddenly - er..uh...the effect will be immediate.
Just because the debt ceiling is not raised DOES NOT in ANYWAY mean that primary services will be interrupted for one minute. They will still receive tax receipts as always.
If out government cannot operate a few days without borrowing money Sallow - we have a much, much, much bigger problem on our hands than taxing corporate jets. If this is true - we are not "near Greece" - we ARE Greece.

Lieing to the American Public by the President should be an impeachable offense. Either he lied the first time he said we could still pay these poeple for a while or he's lieing now. Hello President Biden, or should we pull a Gerald Ford?

Bullshit.

Lied about what?

Sigh...only a few weeks ago this administration said SS checks, military pay etc. would not be interrupted at least for a few months as there was enough residual assets to cover these primary liabilities for several months...today - suddenly - er..uh...the effect will be immediate.
Just because the debt ceiling is not raised DOES NOT in ANYWAY mean that primary services will be interrupted for one minute. They will still receive tax receipts as always.
If out government cannot operate a few days without borrowing money Sallow - we have a much, much, much bigger problem on our hands than taxing corporate jets. If this is true - we are not "near Greece" - we ARE Greece.

Like I said..this never happened before..this would be a first.

All sorts of things are possible.

I personally think that defaulting is a disaster.

And I am unable to get my mind around why anyone would play games with it.

I worked in the financial industry for 15 years. This is incomprehensible. Even the Plutocratic backers of the Republican party are shocked.

Lieing to the American Public by the President should be an impeachable offense. Either he lied the first time he said we could still pay these poeple for a while or he's lieing now. Hello President Biden, or should we pull a Gerald Ford?

Reagan is what to you? A Hero?

How about George W. Bush?

Another hero?

Biggest liars in history.

Reagan committed treason too.

Another hero?

Go ahead, impeach them or throw them out of the Hall of Fame, whatever. Impeach this liar.

Another hero?

Go ahead, impeach them or throw them out of the Hall of Fame, whatever. Impeach this liar.
:lol:

Lied about what?

I worked in the financial industry for 15 years. This is incomprehensible. Even the Plutocratic backers of the Republican party are shocked.

You are punting you lying naive jerk.
You believed Obama when he said it and now you are trying to rationalize your fear of it happening by saying "anytthing is possible"

NO it is not possible. The government has plans in place to ensure SS checks and military pay to active soldiers is not interrupted if there is a shutdown.

You opted to fall for Obama's use of fear tactics.

He knew people like you would get freaked over it.

Which means he has no respect for you....as he felt he could lie to you in an effort to scare you.

What is it like to admire a man that has no respect for you?"

Bullshit.

I really really really want him NOT to mail those SS checks. I really really do. It'll be worth it.

But how will you buy more Cheetos and play bingo?

You are punting you lying naive jerk.You believed Obama when he said it and now you are trying to rationalize your fear of it happening by saying "anytthing is possible"

NO it is not possible. The government has plans in place to ensure SS checks and military pay to active soldiers is not interrupted if there is a shutdown.

Which means he has no respect for you....as he felt he could lie to you in an effort to scare you.

You know what..fuck you.

I don't act like an authority on the Marine core. You tell me you were a Marine..I've never served..and I would respect your opinion.

I worked in the financial industry. I know how things work in regards to provisioning and the economy on wall street.

And I ain't lording over anyone about that.

I've simply said..this has NEVER happened before. In the HISTORY of the UNITED STATES. This is new.

And it's very unclear how it would unfold.

You calling me names makes you an idiot.

Lied about what?

I don't trust these people to tell me anything.
The entire government - BOTH SIDES - get a vote of "no confidence" from me.
The sheer fact that Fannie/Freddie is costing taxpayers $317,000,000,000 - SO FAR -
That the SEC and FED did not warn or do anything about the impending 2008 collapse either shows incomprehensible incompetence or unforgivable corruption and deceit....either case...they both need an overhaul.
The fact that the Democrats have not provided the worlds largest economy a Goddamn budget in over two years - extraordinary irresponsibility.
That the Presidents budget was unanimously voted down shows you Sallow that this administration is of a new magnitude of incompetence.

I don't believe them. And - AGAIN - Sallow if refusing to raise the national debt really does create this much of a disaster - then we must immediately - and I mean this f*cking second begin dramatically reducing entitlements and start collecting taxes on the 55% of employed people who do not pay any income tax at all.
The top 5% income earners pay 58% of tax receipts...what...they should pay 75% - is this the answer?

Last edited:

The sheer fact that Fannie/Freddie is costing taxpayers $317,000,000,000 - SO FAR -
That the SEC and FED did not warn or do anything about the impending 2008 collapse either shows incomprehensible incompetence or unforgivable corruption and deceit....either case...they both need an overhaul.
The fact that the Democrats have not provided the worlds largest economy a Goddamn budget in over two years - extraordinary irresponsibility.
That the Presidents budget was unanimously voted down shows you Sallow that this administration is of a new magnitude of incompetence.

I don't believe them. And - AGAIN - Sallow if refusing to raise the national debt really does create this much of a disaster - then we must immediately - and I mean this f*cking second begin dramatically reducing entitlements and start collecting taxes on the 55% of employed people who do not pay any income tax at all.
The top 5% income earners pay 58% of tax receipts...what...they should pay 75% - is this the answer?

To be completely honest? I don't think that less then 1,000 people should have half the wealth of America. That simply is a very dangerous situation.

It kills Capitalism.
It skews politics.

And it makes for really bad outcomes. We've seen this play out before in many different land at many different times.

And those that ignore history..

To be completely honest? I don't think that less then 1,000 people should have half the wealth of America. That simply is a very dangerous situation.

It kills Capitalism.
It skews politics.

And it makes for really bad outcomes. We've seen this play out before in many different land at many different times.

And those that ignore history..

I believe that also.
To think that Mark Zuckerbach or whatever his name is became a $billionaire in just a few years shows a serious flaw in the system that will reward someone for a business that only made $30 million in profit...that is just a wee bit insane and shows the bubble mentality of our financial system.

You are punting you lying naive jerk.
You believed Obama when he said it and now you are trying to rationalize your fear of it happening by saying "anytthing is possible"

"lying naive jerk"??
That is a bit harsh isn't it?

Forum List

Back