Zone1 I suggest that foreign posters have an "F" designation on their avatar. Americans get "A".

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be easy to ascertain when a poster is located outside the US. Why do this, you ask? My answer: this is a US message board and US citizens have a vested interest in what is happening in the US. Foreigners do not and are largely here for their own entertainment. So what do you think? F for foreigner A for American. Tell me what is wrong with this idea.

Years ago I would have been concerned with this too. But frankly our domestic enemies have won. It doesn't matter if someone is foreign now; we're destroyed from the inside.

Now it's only down to what happens next. Sadly. Tragically.

Years ago I would have been concerned with this too. But frankly our domestic enemies have won. It doesn't matter if someone is foreign now; we're destroyed from the inside.

Now it's only down to what happens next. Sadly. Tragically.
So ..... your biggest concern is the destruction of the US but your yardstick perception leading up to it is being accomplished by foreigners (all of them) and Americans (some of them). I don't really think you understand what is happening in the world (both domestically and internationally) at Washington's behest.

So ..... your biggest concern is the destruction of the US but your yardstick perception leading up to it is being accomplished by foreigners (all of them) and Americans (some of them). I don't really think you understand what is happening in the world (both domestically and internationally) at Washington's behest.

I think you think I'm an "ignorant American", so you are relying on blunt stereotypes. I am not, and also, I don't care what you think.

I think you think I'm an "ignorant American" ....
So it matters to you what I think.
so you are relying on blunt stereotypes.
Why would I be relying on stereotypes? What gives you that impression? Do you rely on blunt stereotypes when it comes to "thinking" about Americans? If not, what do you rely on instead?
.... I don't care what you think.
That makes no sense. You disproved it in your very first statement.

So it matters to you what I think.

Why would I be relying on stereotypes? What gives you that impression? Do you rely on blunt stereotypes when it comes to "thinking" about Americans? If not, what do you rely on instead?

That makes no sense. You disproved it in your very first statement.

Not at all. You probably believe I'm an ignorant American. This has absolutely no effect on me at all. I do not care what you think. I say this because generally, foreigners are deeply convinced that we really, really want to know what they think of Americans.

I don't. Because I do not care.

I think you think I'm an "ignorant American", so you are relying on blunt stereotypes. I am not,
You've certainly demonstrated to me your ignorance of foreign cultures and practices whilst insisting you were correct.

The ultimate in American Ignorance.

Last edited:
You probably believe I'm an ignorant American.
Do you not understand that everyone is ignorant about something – about most things in life? Americans by and large are extremely ignorant about the world, both domestic and international. The statement you made earlier indicates that you are one of them. But I never said you are ignorant or insinuated that you are ignorant in general.
This has absolutely no effect on me at all.
Apparently, that is not true. You have gone to some lengths to convince me it’s true but you reveal your true feelings in every sentence on the subject.
I do not care what you think.
You see. You did it again.
I say this because generally, foreigners are deeply convinced that we really, really want to know what they think of Americans.
I do not believe “foreigners are deeply convinced that …” you ... “ really, really want to know what they think of Americans” but I do believe they want you to know. There’s a very good reason for that.
I don't. Because I do not care.
Again. You can’t hide for a second.

NOTE: You didn’t answer my question, “Do you rely on blunt stereotypes when it comes to "thinking" about Americans? If not, what do you rely on instead?”

Do you not understand that everyone is ignorant about something – about most things in life? Americans by and large are extremely ignorant about the world, both domestic and international. The statement you made earlier indicates that you are one of them. But I never said you are ignorant or insinuated that you are ignorant in general.

Apparently, that is not true. You have gone to some lengths to convince me it’s true but you reveal your true feelings in every sentence on the subject.

You see. You did it again.

I do not believe “foreigners are deeply convinced that …” you ... “ really, really want to know what they think of Americans” but I do believe they want you to know. There’s a very good reason for that.

Again. You can’t hide for a second.

NOTE: You didn’t answer my question, “Do you rely on blunt stereotypes when it comes to "thinking" about Americans? If not, what do you rely on instead?”

Have a great day.

• Love
Reactions: cnm
Sez me.

And what sort of foreigner is that?

I wasn't trying to.

FIRST: Non-Americans know much more about the world than Americans. That is a flat statement.
SECOND: Percentage-wise non-Americans know more about the US than Americans.
Two lies from a foreigner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back