I stand with President Trump - I am middle America, I am the voice of the unwashed masses...

Most all of your post is supposition and deflection.
I have completely lost faith in the American media & the left has gone over the ledge

You have no reason to have lost faith with the American media. You HAVE reason to have lost faith with Donald Trump and those with whom he's surrounded himself. I strongly suspect what you perceive as "the left" are simply those appalled at what Trump has been doing and, unfortunately for you, that includes a large number of republicans and independents

Trump has made reasonable proposals

Damned few of them - and a large number of absolutely outrageous proposals.

* stop people from coming in unless we can verify that they mean us no harm

So the concept of innocent until proven guilty stops at the border. Got it.

* secure the border

The border was secure. Obama had increased the number of people in ICE and had deported more undocumented aliens - concentrating on those who had committed violent crimes - than any administration in US history.

* scale back regulations that make conducting business difficult

Like the Clean Air Air and the Clean Water Act? You need to get your priorities straight. The Dow went from 6,900 to over 18,000 during the Obama administration. Where, exactly, do you see evidence that business was suffering from excess regulations?

plus, he wants to place justices that will actually follow the law on the courts

Are you under the impression that judge Merrick Garland did NOT want to follow the law? And then there's the matter of Roe v Wade. That IS the law at the moment. But you don't want that followed, do you.

we know that the media has been colluding with the left, we know because of wikileaks

We know no such thing.

is the info we have from wikileaks available because of the Russians? all of it?

All the emails stolen from the DNC and John Podesta were stolen by the Russians, yes.

I don't believe it for a second - the democrat party got caught with its collective pants down - we KNOW that they rigged their primary against Bernie Sanders - we know this for 100% fact

So, do you have some source of information better than all 17 US intelligence agencies?

so, for them and their partners in the media to be screaming about a "stolen election" is stupid funny

Really? You think that's funny? A hostile foreign power interfering with our most fundamental democratic process? Funny? Pardon me but I have to conclude you're a complete POS as an American citizen.

I really am at the point where they would have to have Trump on tape with his hand in the cookie jar before I believe anything bad about him, and I can promise you that I am not alone

You and your compatriots have been at that point since before the election began. Your belief in every negative rumor concerning democrats and your rejection of every negative fact learned of Trump is simply the extremis of cognitive dissonance. You've chosen, in advance, to believe one and to reject the other because you really, really, really want Trump to be in charge.

they have an agenda, they report and make a big deal about anything a republican or conservative does, but gloss over stories that damage those that push their agenda - has been this way for a long time

What hostile foreign power had the ability to blackmail Hillary Clinton? How many times did Hillary Clinton recommend actions completely in contravention of the BASICS of the US Constitution? How many outright LIES and ignorant falsehoods has Hillary Clinton made since announcing her candidacy? Did millions of illegal votes give Hillary the popular vote? Are the hundreds of anti-Semitic threats and crimes since Trump's election the acts of pro-Clinton Jews? Did President Obama order the Trump Tower phones be tapped to help Hillary? Did Trump win the Electoral College by the biggest margin since Reagan? Did he have the biggest crowds in US history at his inauguration? Have the major news networks been telling lies about him? Did Hillary Clinton brag about getting away with sexual assault? Have a dozen individuals, some as young as 13, brought charges against Clinton for sexual assault?

Donald Trump is an ignorant, amoral fool

Sessions has done NOTHING wrong. He is an honorable man, you may not like his policies (I don't like many of them); but he does what he believes to be right

Then why did he lie about having met the Russian ambassador while acting as a Trump surrogate and using campaign funds to pay for his travel expenses on the trip?

our last AG? met with the husband of someone under investigation & then cleared her

That was huge mistake on the part of the AG and Bill Clinton, but it doesn't excuse Trump's campaign's MANY inappropriate contacts with the Russians while they were attempting to influence the election.

she should have recused herself, but she has no honor - sure looks like the fix was in

So lock her up. Now what are you going to do about Sessions?

there has not been a comparable story from the right that even comes close

How about the Russians blackmailed Trump with video of him and several Moscow hookers pissing on each other to accept Russian assistance to win the election? You don't think that might come close?

so NO, I don't believe the media & YES, I do believe Trump

Then you're a fool by your own admission.

and every day that passes reaffirms my position

and again, I am not alone in thinking this way

More's the shame I'm sure that's true.

I have completely lost faith in the American media & the left has gone over the ledge

You have no reason to have lost faith with the American media. You HAVE reason to have lost faith with Donald Trump and those with whom he's surrounded himself. I strongly suspect what you perceive as "the left" are simply those appalled at what Trump has been doing and, unfortunately for you, that includes a large number of republicans and independents

Damned few of them - and a large number of absolutely outrageous proposals.

So the concept of innocent until proven guilty stops at the border. Got it.

* secure the border

The border was secure. Obama had increased the number of people in ICE and had deported more undocumented aliens - concentrating on those who had committed violent crimes - than any administration in US history.

Like the Clean Air Air and the Clean Water Act? You need to get your priorities straight. The Dow went from 6,900 to over 18,000 during the Obama administration. Where, exactly, do you see evidence that business was suffering from excess regulations?

plus, he wants to place justices that will actually follow the law on the courts

Are you under the impression that judge Merrick Garland did NOT want to follow the law? And then there's the matter of Roe v Wade. That IS the law at the moment. But you don't want that followed, do you.

we know that the media has been colluding with the left, we know because of wikileaks

We know no such thing.

is the info we have from wikileaks available because of the Russians? all of it?

All the emails stolen from the DNC and John Podesta were stolen by the Russians, yes.

I don't believe it for a second - the democrat party got caught with its collective pants down - we KNOW that they rigged their primary against Bernie Sanders - we know this for 100% fact

So, do you have some source of information better than all 17 US intelligence agencies?

so, for them and their partners in the media to be screaming about a "stolen election" is stupid funny

Really? You think that's funny? A hostile foreign power interfering with our most fundamental democratic process? Funny? Pardon me but I have to conclude you're a complete POS as an American citizen.

I really am at the point where they would have to have Trump on tape with his hand in the cookie jar before I believe anything bad about him, and I can promise you that I am not alone

You and your compatriots have been at that point since before the election began. Your belief in every negative rumor concerning democrats and your rejection of every negative fact learned of Trump is simply the extremis of cognitive dissonance. You've chosen, in advance, to believe one and to reject the other because you really, really, really want Trump to be in charge.

they have an agenda, they report and make a big deal about anything a republican or conservative does, but gloss over stories that damage those that push their agenda - has been this way for a long time

What hostile foreign power had the ability to blackmail Hillary Clinton? How many times did Hillary Clinton recommend actions completely in contravention of the BASICS of the US Constitution? How many outright LIES and ignorant falsehoods has Hillary Clinton made since announcing her candidacy? Did millions of illegal votes give Hillary the popular vote? Are the hundreds of anti-Semitic threats and crimes since Trump's election the acts of pro-Clinton Jews? Did President Obama order the Trump Tower phones be tapped to help Hillary? Did Trump win the Electoral College by the biggest margin since Reagan? Did he have the biggest crowds in US history at his inauguration? Have the major news networks been telling lies about him? Did Hillary Clinton brag about getting away with sexual assault? Have a dozen individuals, some as young as 13, brought charges against Clinton for sexual assault?

Donald Trump is an ignorant, amoral fool

Sessions has done NOTHING wrong. He is an honorable man, you may not like his policies (I don't like many of them); but he does what he believes to be right

Then why did he lie about having met the Russian ambassador while acting as a Trump surrogate and using campaign funds to pay for his travel expenses on the trip?

our last AG? met with the husband of someone under investigation & then cleared her

That was huge mistake on the part of the AG and Bill Clinton, but it doesn't excuse Trump's campaign's MANY inappropriate contacts with the Russians while they were attempting to influence the election.

she should have recused herself, but she has no honor - sure looks like the fix was in

So lock her up. Now what are you going to do about Sessions?

How about the Russians blackmailed Trump with video of him and several Moscow hookers pissing on each other to accept Russian assistance to win the election? You don't think that might come close?

Then you're a fool by your own admission.

More's the shame I'm sure that's true.

you are trading in an alternate reality

fortunately, enough people saw the truth to elect Trump

I can't take you seriously when you push that Sessions has done something wrong & when you deny collusion of the media with the left - hell,Hillary got the chance to edit stories & got debate questions ahead of the debates

enjoy your crazy baw

So...how was yesterday's marches for the so-called president?

brutal attacks on people making an attempt to exorcise free speech in Berkeley - people that call their opponents "fascist Nazis" employing fascist Nazi tactics

the irony is amazing

too many incidents to pick just one - happy reading!

berkeley attacks - Google Search

You want "irony"?

Your typo is the completely accurate word for what drumpf is trying to accomplish.

Biggest problem with "The Media" is that people can no longer tell the difference between factual reporting that results in a news article

and

the constant flow of op-eds, in print, on TV, on line.

You want "irony"?

Your typo is the completely accurate word for what drumpf is trying to accomplish.

weak - I mean, I am on some forums where the grammar Nazis rule, but really haven't seen much of that here

personally, I only fuck with people on this when they do it while ridiculing someone else's intelligence...

Biggest problem with "The Media" is that people can no longer tell the difference between factual reporting that results in a news article

and

the constant flow of op-eds, in print, on TV, on line.

I agree with you 100% here, but the problem is deeper than that, news organizations are complicit in this and really don't make an effort to make that distinction anymore

* secure the border

As far as I am concerned there are 2 edges. One edge has the looney tunes from the left and the other edge has the looney tune Trump Davidians.

Trump has been anything but reasonable. He is using fear to gain more power for himself.

-When we look at the perpetrators of terrorist attacks in the US, the perpetrators have come from countries other than those covered by Trump's travel ban. Terrorists are not dopes. If those are the countries we are looking for them to come from then they will find other countries.

-The question is how do we secure the border. A fence is expensive and unnecessary. Arizona succeeded without building a fence.

-Scaling back regulations does not mean no regulation. That is what Trump has embraced. I do have issues with coal waste going into rivers. I do believe that payments businesses make to governments overseas should be reported as a anti-bribery measure. I do believe that big airlines should be required to disclose all fees on airline tickets to the customer. Apparently Trump believes in none of this.

Like it or not WikiLeaks has been corrupted by Putin. It is dishonest. We have the so-called conservative media that is part of the state run Trump media. It abandons conservatism in favor of Trump.

The primaries were not rigged against Sanders. Obama used the same process to beat Clinton in 2012. Even without the super delegates Clinton would have won by around 400 delegates. Russia was clearly trying to influence the election. They hacked the DNC servers and used WikiLeaks a their fence.

You are a part of the cult of Trump. As Trump said, if he shot someone on tape you would still support him.

The fact is that Sessions is a disgrace and never should have been confirmed as AG. He is not honorable. He is thoughtless and reckless in his charges. He is also a typical dishonest politician. The fact is that he was not forthcoming in his contact with the Russian ambassador and uses the same line Flynn used. "I can't remember." The fact is that even Trump toady Jason Chaffetz has said that he should recuse himself.

Using bad behavior by someone else is no excuse.

You want "irony"?

I actually want to expand and comment on this

Can you give an example of Trump doing anything to limit free speech?

Just one

TIA

first - thanks for your thoughtful reply. 2nd - I can be convinced, show me where I am wrong, there may be a point or 2 in here where someone like me can be "turned around", there are also some points in here where we are looking at situations where reasonable people can look at the same set of facts and draw different conclusions

so, 3rd, I will address your response...

As far as I am concerned there are 2 edges. One edge has the looney tunes from the left and the other edge has the looney tune Trump Davidians.

Trump has been anything but reasonable. He is using fear to gain more power for himself.

I agree with your 1st point here, but just do not see your second point as being valid. I can only assume that you are referring to his comments about "bad hombres" and terrorist threats

would you expand on this? I have a feeling that this is going to be something we won't be able to agree on

-When we look at the perpetrators of terrorist attacks in the US, the perpetrators have come from countries other than those covered by Trump's travel ban. Terrorists are not dopes. If those are the countries we are looking for them to come from then they will find other countries.

excellent point and I have to agree, this actually goes hand in hand with what Trump himself has criticized previous administrations for (IE - I am not going to tell you where & when I am going to attack terrorists)

-The question is how do we secure the border. A fence is expensive and unnecessary. Arizona succeeded without building a fence.

I am halfway there with you on this one - I believe this can be true IF we have people in charge that are serious about enforcing our laws. the last administration was not & with "sanctuary cities" as a new norm, I want that wall, this wall concept is not new & prominent dems have supported the concept (another topic for another thread/day - not looking to go down the "moral equivalency" road with you)

also, on the expense, I believe that the financial benefits; or rather, the savings in education and health & other social services will far outway any monetary cost incurred to build a wall

-Scaling back regulations does not mean no regulation. That is what Trump has embraced. I do have issues with coal waste going into rivers. I do believe that payments businesses make to governments overseas should be reported as a anti-bribery measure. I do believe that big airlines should be required to disclose all fees on airline tickets to the customer. Apparently Trump believes in none of this.

oh bull - Trump has never advocated for "no regulations" and he has expressed a commitment to clean air & water, so I think you are just flat out wrong here. in fact, Trump has advocated for a rule that for every new regulation, 2 must be eliminated (he said this in the campaign & has repeated it numerous times, even in his most recent speech) - so that disproves the "no regulations" argument right away

don't know enough about the airline price disclosure to comment, but tend to agree that full disclosure in pricing is a good thing...

Like it or not WikiLeaks has been corrupted by Putin. It is dishonest. We have the so-called conservative media that is part of the state run Trump media. It abandons conservatism in favor of Trump.

Julian Assange says different & to date; he has not been proven wrong

so you will have to do better than make a blanket statement/accusation about this - sorry

The primaries were not rigged against Sanders. Obama used the same process to beat Clinton in 2012. Even without the super delegates Clinton would have won by around 400 delegates. Russia was clearly trying to influence the election. They hacked the DNC servers and used WikiLeaks a their fence.

you are just way off base here; Debbie Wasserman Schultz was forced to resign over the primary rigging

AND - again, there is no proof of Russian involvement in wikileaks. Furthermore, even IF such proof ever emerges, so what?

The dems behaved badly & got caught. Our media is so tilted & biased that I see the wikileaks as "evening the playing field"

this is another one where you won't change my mind

You are a part of the cult of Trump. As Trump said, if he shot someone on tape you would still support him.

bullshit, I was against Trump in the primaries (proof of that is on this forum) - Trump is actually pushing an agenda tnhat I have been advocating for decades (I have a message board history that goes back to 2003)

I was concerned that folks were right & that Trump could not be counted on to keep his word

well, so far he has done (or tried to do) EVERYTHING he promised in his campaign - I have NEVER seen anything like it before

I am on board with Trump because he is doing the things that I would do if I were in power & because he has kept his campaign promises

really don't care if you believe me or not - I have been accused of "parroting right wing talking points" for years

I could write the "right wing talking points" - believe me

The fact is that Sessions is a disgrace and never should have been confirmed as AG. He is not honorable. He is thoughtless and reckless in his charges. He is also a typical dishonest politician. The fact is that he was not forthcoming in his contact with the Russian ambassador and uses the same line Flynn used. "I can't remember." The fact is that even Trump toady Jason Chaffetz has said that he should recuse himself.

again - total bullshit - I live in Alabama & know the man's record. Don't agree with him on a lot (I think weed should be legal for one)

but he is honorable & can be counted on to do what he believes to be the right thing - the attacks on him are an indication that the American left has lost its mind

he DID NOT lie in his answer, anyone with common sense and intellectual honesty knows this - attempts to smear him over his answer to Frankin's ridiculous question are grossly unfair; it is abundantly obvious that he was addressing the "Russia/collusion" nonsense & made an honest mistake in not speaking about public meetings that he had while carrying out his duties in the Senate

pushing this makes the left look bad & is not winning you any converts

Using bad behavior by someone else is no excuse.

again, a fair point

Anybody with half a brain respects that. I forgot my dogs. They stand by me though lol. dont see things thru red white and blue glasses.

Forum List

Back