I stand with Alex

I don't understand why this would cause an uproar, whatsoever. The same thing is done here at this very website, daily. The mods ban people, thus enforcing the culture of their choosing. It's free to post here, we're not paying customers entering into a contract. This is not the Government shutting Alex down, he's free to carry on on his own terms.....

Terms of Service, customers have to wear a shirt and shoes..............I dunno, seems partisan like everything else
It is partisan to some.
If this happened to some left wing kook, the arguments would be switched. And they would be saying the same shit the other side was saying about this.

The problem is that the left wing loons aren’t posting fake news all over the internet. The fake news we see is directed to right wingers. The left fact checks everything and isn’t easily fooled. Tell the right what they want to hear and they’ll believe anything that reinforces their previously held beliefs.

The right are suckers for fake news and hate speech.
You have GOT to be fucking kidding me
Dragon has the mind set of the typical leftist. Left wing commentary in the MSM is perfectly acceptable, to a leftist like Dragon. She can't see any problems with this.

I have no problem with right wing commentary. I have a problem with the lies and allegations.

A family owned business in Washington was shot up and is now closed because Jones persisted in lying in publishing lies about a child sex ring operating there. A family lost their income and everything they built. They can’t even sell the business because the publicity has destroyed its value.

If you are making allegations and accusations, there should be some legal obligation to have evidence to back you up.

The Sandy Hook hoax stories are most cruel. Families have been harassed and forced to move. It’s not enough that their children were murdered, now these families have endured years of attacks and threats because of this man.

Your right to free speech ends when you use your platform to harm others. Hate speech never ends well.

Sadly, you have a President who engages in hate speech on a daily basis.
You think Trump does hate speech every day. I do not think this.

So...who gets to determine what is hate speech?

AJ is out there but I will never support stopping any kind of speech. The red flag is that the libs are cheering this.

Ah yes, the old Internet Message Board False Dilemma Fallacy, where the act of not-climbing-aboard one bandwagon bizarrely becomes the equivalent of jumping on the opposite bandwagon.

A favorite of Dichotomists. Inspired by the classic "you're either with us or you're with the terrorists".

As usual, you're wrong. I would never support suppression of any type of speech by anyone on any subject however hateful it may be. There is no false dichotomy...only in your partisan head.

Too late. You done stepped in it. Now you wanna walk around going "what? there's nothing on my shoes".

I don't understand why this would cause an uproar, whatsoever. The same thing is done here at this very website, daily. The mods ban people, thus enforcing the culture of their choosing. It's free to post here, we're not paying customers entering into a contract. This is not the Government shutting Alex down, he's free to carry on on his own terms.....

Terms of Service, customers have to wear a shirt and shoes..............I dunno, seems partisan like everything else
It is partisan to some.
If this happened to some left wing kook, the arguments would be switched. And they would be saying the same shit the other side was saying about this.

The problem is that the left wing loons aren’t posting fake news all over the internet. The fake news we see is directed to right wingers. The left fact checks everything and isn’t easily fooled. Tell the right what they want to hear and they’ll believe anything that reinforces their previously held beliefs.

She isn't. That's the scary part. The left works their lie into "truth" and then has Snopes give their blessing and then when someone comes along and points out the lie that they have told, they become violent .

So 36 months ago…could you ever have predicted you’d be standing with a liberal thrice divorced whore banger and someone who thinks George W. Bush (the guy you voted for) was one of the many behind 9/11?

Trump saved this country from a Fascist Dark Age where the government would have gotten away with spying on him. Hopefully, the fucking traitors at FBI and DOJ face a firing squad before this is over

Since none of that ever happened, the fact that you believe it did shows just how dangerous Alex Jones really is.

Lying about it doesn't change a fucking thing. Obama used the power of the government to spy on the Republican Candidate. You can't spin that

No he didn’t. That’s not spin, that’s fact.

There was no surveillance of the Trump campaign. No wire taps.

There was an FBI investigation of Russian interference after the DNC breaking. That investigation kept tripping over Trump campaign members everywhere it went.
Just about the entire MSM told you that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and ties to al qaeda.

You believed it.

Nobody believed that. At least nobody who wasn't practicing self-delusion.

It is partisan to some.

Dragon has the mind set of the typical leftist. Left wing commentary in the MSM is perfectly acceptable, to a leftist like Dragon. She can't see any problems with this.

I have no problem with right wing commentary. I have a problem with the lies and allegations.

A family owned business in Washington was shot up and is now closed because Jones persisted in lying in publishing lies about a child sex ring operating there. A family lost their income and everything they built. They can’t even sell the business because the publicity has destroyed its value.

If you are making allegations and accusations, there should be some legal obligation to have evidence to back you up.

The Sandy Hook hoax stories are most cruel. Families have been harassed and forced to move. It’s not enough that their children were murdered, now these families have endured years of attacks and threats because of this man.

Your right to free speech ends when you use your platform to harm others. Hate speech never ends well.

Sadly, you have a President who engages in hate speech on a daily basis.
Should that same standard apply to all forms of media? Like CNN FOX and ABC? Shouldnt they be obligated to back up their bullshit?

Trump saved this country from a Fascist Dark Age where the government would have gotten away with spying on him. Hopefully, the fucking traitors at FBI and DOJ face a firing squad before this is over

Since none of that ever happened, the fact that you believe it did shows just how dangerous Alex Jones really is.

Lying about it doesn't change a fucking thing. Obama used the power of the government to spy on the Republican Candidate. You can't spin that

There was an FBI investigation of Russian interference after the DNC breaking. That investigation kept tripping over Trump campaign members everywhere it went.
Just about the entire MSM told you that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and ties to al qaeda.

You believed it.

Mueller told you Iraq had those things. Now you love Mueller.

You believed it.

:lol:

Linkie?

You believed it.

No he didn’t the intelligence services consistently said Saddam didn’t have WMD’s but Bush kept pushing the notion that he did. Bush lied.

Mueller and the FBI had nothing to do with the determination that Saddam had WND’s. The FBI investigates crime IN THE USA. It has no mandate for investigation of international matters. That’s what the CIA and the NSA do.

I never visit InforWars, but I'm a firm believer the progressive Fascists have finally formally declared war on America. Progressive ideology withers before a challenge, they cannot tolerate any opposition

For all of you who fantasized that you would have fought against the rise of Hitler and the Nazis, here's your chance! They're back! This time their burning digital books.

Which side are you on?

Apple and Facebook are private companies.

I'm on the side of private companies making their own decisions, and letting the marketplace sort things out.

I never visit InforWars, but I'm a firm believer the progressive Fascists have finally formally declared war on America. Progressive ideology withers before a challenge, they cannot tolerate any opposition

For all of you who fantasized that you would have fought against the rise of Hitler and the Nazis, here's your chance! They're back! This time their burning digital books.

Which side are you on?

I agree.

Whatever you think of Alex Jones, what the Totalitarian Left Tech Giants have done to him is wrong.

Absolutely WRONG!

Censorship is MORE dangerous than hate speech!

“Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.”
— Benjamin Franklin

So 36 months ago…could you ever have predicted you’d be standing with a liberal thrice divorced whore banger and someone who thinks George W. Bush (the guy you voted for) was one of the many behind 9/11?
Go ahead and support America going down the crapper candy

-Geaux

First off, nobody has muzzled Alex Jones. He's still got his website, and if you are absolutely desperate to listen to him, here's a link....................

Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

He's still got his outlet, he's still selling conspiracy theories and the crappy products on his site. The only real difference is that YouTube and Facebook are no longer carrying his content for free. If he had paid money to them for his channel and had a contract, I'd feel a bit different.

And finally, for all those idiots who are saying that YouTube and Facebook are going against the 1st Amendment, got news for you, they are private companies, not part of the government. But, if you knew what the 1st actually said, you would know that already. Here, let me help you guys out.....................

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

It says that CONGRESS shall not prohibit free speech, private companies were not mentioned, just Congress. Now, if Congress passed a law saying what Jones could and couldn't say, I'd agree his rights were being violated. But, because Facebook and YouTube are private and not part of the government, it's their choice to decide what they will and won't carry on their platform. They get to decide what will and won't allow on their site.

The only thing I really see here is Jones getting pissed off that he no longer has free platforms for his crap. But, think of it this way.............would any of you conservatives allow a Hillary for president sign on your lawn? Why not? If you don't, you are silencing the free speech of others (according to your b.s. support of Jones).

Which side are you on?

Apple and Facebook are private companies.

I'm on the side of private companies making their own decisions, and letting the marketplace sort things out.

You mean like Christian bakers should be left to their own devices as well

AJ is out there but I will never support stopping any kind of speech. The red flag is that the libs are cheering this.

Ah yes, the old Internet Message Board False Dilemma Fallacy, where the act of not-climbing-aboard one bandwagon bizarrely becomes the equivalent of jumping on the opposite bandwagon.

A favorite of Dichotomists. Inspired by the classic "you're either with us or you're with the terrorists".

As usual, you're wrong. I would never support suppression of any type of speech by anyone on any subject however hateful it may be. There is no false dichotomy...only in your partisan head.

Too late. You done stepped in it. Now you wanna walk around going "what? there's nothing on my shoes".

Wrong. I'm sorry for your lack of comprehension and discernment.

You believed it.

No he didn’t the intelligence services consistently said Saddam didn’t have WMD’s but Bush kept pushing the notion that he did. Bush lied.

Mueller and the FBI had nothing to do with the determination that Saddam had WND’s. The FBI investigates crime IN THE USA. It has no mandate for investigation of international matters. That’s what the CIA and the NSA do.
Mueller pushed the big lie about Iraq, as he was told to do. He is no better than W.

I support their right to do whatever in the hell they want, but that doesnt mean i support the action.
Its sad how many people support silencing people because they say dumb fake shit....
InfoWars and Alex Jones HAS NOT BEEN SILENCED.

Go there right now and watch him all you want.
- YouTube
Gee, wonder why it says his account has been terminated? Maybe they just terminated it from MY eyes :dunno:
I asked you to explain to me how this would impact him and you couldn't be bothered, so you're just going to have to deal with my lack of understanding here.
I do know that Alex Jones and InfoWars are sitting right where it has always been, at infowars.com and I can get there from here. That means, to me, that he has not been silenced, his book has not been burned. I don't know what it means that he had an account at You Tube.

For one, this will hit Jones' pocketbook pretty hard. I used to work in media, and I can empathize how valuable social media has become in regards to getting your data out to broader audiences. Jones hasn't been completely silenced. His domain ISP would have to take down his main site to do that, and that ain't kosher nor easy. He likely has sister sites/web rings/fanatics they'd have to deal with as well. He could never be completely silenced, but he definitely got neutered in terms of digital exposure with this simultaneous mass dropping of his content from most of the social media giants.

That being said, I'm pretty apathetic to the whole situation. There are no winners here. I have a Fakebook account that I check about every six months to keep tabs on friends/family. Five minutes is usually all I can stomach in that cesspool of disinformation. No tweeting or InstaGramming as well for similar reasons. YouTube is so powerful (monetarily and in popularity), yet so internally fucked up (and getting worse). Popular content creators on YouTube, like Alex Jones, are subject, just like everyone else, to their Terms of Service, which itself is ever-evolving. Complaints are now being automated, so you could theoretically have your YouTube page taken down with little human interaction. Since these popular creators are monetized (some make boatloads of money) from YouTube, I would imagine a sudden termination from their platform would be a sizable financial slap in the face to Jones as well. YouTube is a unique service in that the Internet has allowed it to evolve into a viable, valuable, influential juggernaut repository of video information. That information, free to all with an Internet connection, is supported by ad revenue. Digital capitalism at its finest. I equally love/hate it. However, until a competing service is viable enough to offer a better alternative, it's what we've got, and likely for quite a while. Social media turns brains to mush anyway. 'Nuff said.

As far as Jones? Well, he's not my cup of tea, so I don't really think about him. He's not exactly my demographic. I can only imagine he must have said some fucked up shit though, to get the perma-ban treatment from the big dogs of social media. There are consequences to free speech. As I said, no winners.

I believe this country is in dire need of a sense of decorum.

Wrong. I'm sorry for your lack of comprehension and discernment.

You should be sorry for that False Dichotomy you posted yesterday. The one I called out where now you're reduced to "is not/ is too".

Ain't no way around it. Unless of course you can quote "the libs".
Rotsa ruck on that one.

-Geaux

I hear there are trolley tracks in Wisconsin that go straight to that crapper.

Amirite?

First off, nobody has muzzled Alex Jones. He's still got his website, and if you are absolutely desperate to listen to him, here's a link....................

Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

He's still got his outlet, he's still selling conspiracy theories and the crappy products on his site. The only real difference is that YouTube and Facebook are no longer carrying his content for free. If he had paid money to them for his channel and had a contract, I'd feel a bit different.

And finally, for all those idiots who are saying that YouTube and Facebook are going against the 1st Amendment, got news for you, they are private companies, not part of the government. But, if you knew what the 1st actually said, you would know that already. Here, let me help you guys out.....................

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

It says that CONGRESS shall not prohibit free speech, private companies were not mentioned, just Congress. Now, if Congress passed a law saying what Jones could and couldn't say, I'd agree his rights were being violated. But, because Facebook and YouTube are private and not part of the government, it's their choice to decide what they will and won't carry on their platform. They get to decide what will and won't allow on their site.

The only thing I really see here is Jones getting pissed off that he no longer has free platforms for his crap. But, think of it this way.............would any of you conservatives allow a Hillary for president sign on your lawn? Why not? If you don't, you are silencing the free speech of others (according to your b.s. support of Jones).

I don't see any mention of Christian bakeries in there either

-Geaux

I hear there are trolley tracks in Wisconsin that go straight to that crapper.

Amirite?

You’ll note there is no comment on the state of their alleged conservatism

Forum List

Back