‘I sleep well at night,’ says skier Lindsey Vonn as she answers hate tweets

`
"Lindsey Vonn had barely finished her first race at PyeongChang 2018 when the online abuse resumed.

One of the most successful female ski racers of all time, Vonn had received comments in December from some people saying they hoped she’d break her neck after she told CNN in an interview she wouldn’t visit the White House should she win a medal at the Winter Olympics.

“Well I hope to represent the people of the United States, not the president,” the 33-year-old American had told CNN’s Alpine Edge late last year.

Having missed out on the podium after making a costly mistake on the last turn of Saturday’s women’s super-G competition, Vonn once again found herself on the receiving end of a stream of negative comments, with some even wishing her physical harm." - Source
`
"If you stand up for what you do believe, be prepared to be shot down" - These kinds of uncivil, cruel and hateful subhuman actions are obviously the work of a single group of people. Sigh. Politics has become dangerous since the rise of trump.
`
you're selectively missing a shitload of history.

Without a doubt. This shit did not start with Trump.

Trump and his entire family have 24/7 secret service protection, I would not call that nothing.

Then how about all the death threats Republican members of Congress recieve? A few of them were even gunned down by some snowflake. What did we do about it?

Vonn was cheering when Rs were being gunned down.

Link please

I dont need a link. Ive seen enough radical progressives who were cheering that shooting against Rs. Shes in the same camp.

So, in other words you lied through your teeth.

Thanks for the admission!

Nope, I don't lie. Remember, how soon you forget. I congratulated you a while back on your raise and I don't even know you.

`
"Lindsey Vonn had barely finished her first race at PyeongChang 2018 when the online abuse resumed.

One of the most successful female ski racers of all time, Vonn had received comments in December from some people saying they hoped she’d break her neck after she told CNN in an interview she wouldn’t visit the White House should she win a medal at the Winter Olympics.

“Well I hope to represent the people of the United States, not the president,” the 33-year-old American had told CNN’s Alpine Edge late last year.

Having missed out on the podium after making a costly mistake on the last turn of Saturday’s women’s super-G competition, Vonn once again found herself on the receiving end of a stream of negative comments, with some even wishing her physical harm." - Source
`
"If you stand up for what you do believe, be prepared to be shot down" - These kinds of uncivil, cruel and hateful subhuman actions are obviously the work of a single group of people. Sigh. Politics has become dangerous since the rise of trump.
`

It is amazing that people would root against their own country just because someone has different political views than them. The perfect example of people putting party before country.
Yeah, go figure. It even makes truly sick people use the FBI against their political opponents

The Olympics were supposed to be politics free. It took scumsucking worm liberals to change that. They are no longer fellow Americans.

Sure, but was Tiger stepping out on her or what? That's the important question.

The Olympics were supposed to be politics free. It took scumsucking worm liberals to change that. They are no longer fellow Americans.

Says you. Hey, aren't you the drunk Canadian wasting away in a trailer park somewhere?

Then how about all the death threats Republican members of Congress recieve? A few of them were even gunned down by some snowflake. What did we do about it?

Link please

I dont need a link. Ive seen enough radical progressives who were cheering that shooting against Rs. Shes in the same camp.

Nope, I don't lie. Remember, how soon you forget. I congratulated you a while back on your raise and I don't even know you.

And I appreciated it.

But what else would you call making an untrue statement? Or is this one of those "alternative facts" that the POTUS is so very fond of?

Link please

And I appreciated it.

But what else would you call making an untrue statement? Or is this one of those "alternative facts" that the POTUS is so very fond of?

Im just saying that I've heard radical types, like her, who were happy about Rs being shot at. Her tweets told me all I need to know about her.

Link please

And I appreciated it.

Im just saying that I've heard radical types, like her, who were happy about Rs being shot at. Her tweets told me all I need to know about her.

While I do not agree with her politics most of the time, I would never accuse anyone of cheering people being killed if I did not have 100% proof it happened.

Never heard of her. Not sure why I should care about her personal opinion. :gives:
Sad thing is how many people get an opinion from a sports figure or an empty headed actor.

Or a reality tv star.
Like Omarosa?
Thanks for making my point perfectly clear.

I think she meant the game show host you use as your avatar.
He is now President.
One of many ventures over his life span.

We learned an important thing from the Mueller probe and that is foreign agents are active in the social media for the sole purpose of disrupting the social fabric of the United States. It's entirely likely that foreign agents are posting hate mail to an Olympic star in order to gin up hatred by the left towards the administration. Lefties fall for it all the time and left wing blogs pick it up and run with it.

We learned an important thing from the Mueller probe and that is foreign agents are active in the social media for the sole purpose of disrupting the social fabric of the United States. It's entirely likely that foreign agents are posting hate mail to an Olympic star in order to gin up hatred by the left towards the administration. Lefties fall for it all the time and left wing blogs pick it up and run with it.

You do have a point there.

Forum List

Back