I Served 25 Years in the Service - And this Asshole is Doing What?????

you just don't want to admit that by and large the military is a regular job with regular hours.
You don't want to admit you don't know shit about the military.

there's lots i don't know. perhaps all my friends and family in the military just happen to work the easy jobs, maybe they're the exceptions and those that work 18 hour days 7 days a week for 20+ years are the rule.

which makes it odd that when i need an id or something i can't just show up on base any time i want...
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

you are insecure, immature, and last but not leeds, boring.

yes, leeds.

So says the foreigner that has to tear down the US because his own country couldn't compete with us if not for the self-destructive liberals in our midst.

neither am i nor do i have to tear down the US.

putting some whiner's noses into their own crap, and watching them complain about the smell, is what i am doing, for fun.
It's a damn shame you lack the horsepower to do that.

But it's telling that you think you do.

Your opinion might mean something if the US kept its sticky beak out of other peoples' business. Find it laughable that you seem offended at foreigners are talking about your country and telling it what to do, when it is the chickenhawks from your side of the political spectrum go around the world telling other countries how to run their business.
Tissue?
Oh, and you protect us from Jack Shit.

That aside, there is a difference between being the biggest military and being the best....
The US does not have the biggest military, by far.

But we are the best.

Your opinion might mean something if the US kept its sticky beak out of other peoples' business. Find it laughable that you seem offended at foreigners are talking about your country and telling it what to do, when it is the chickenhawks from your side of the political spectrum go around the world telling other countries how to run their business.
Tissue?

That aside, there is a difference between being the biggest military and being the best....

But we are the best.

Hey, that's just what the Chinese say about their own military.

Tissue?

But we are the best.

No, they admit that they are the biggest, not the best.

Tissue?

But we are the best.

The Chinese have cannon fodder. That's about it.

They lack the airlift and sealift to get their massive army anywhere without marching. They're no threat militarily.

But it figures you admire the Communist Chinese.

It was also your choice...let's not forget that...

Part of the choice was based on the promise of health benefits, Forest.

Let's not forget that.

Govt's promise their employees a lot and often renege, Cletus..

Let's not forget that..

That is a great point! Why should ANYONE believe the gov't when it comes to "free" handouts (they didn't fight or volunteer to serve the country), if the gov't will not honor its "contract" that it made with its defenders?

All you people that believe the gov't gives a hoot about "giving" your medical care, food money, "assistance", should be paying close attention: if they will renege on one promise, they will renege on others....

In an effort to cut defense spending, the Obama Administration plans to cut health benefits for active duty and retired military personnel and their families while not touching the benefits enjoyed by unionized civilian defense workers.

The move, congressional aides suggested, is to force those individuals into Obamacare, Bill Gertz reported at the Washington Beacon.

Gertz added:

The proposed increases in health care payments by service members, which must be approved by Congress, are part of the Pentagon’s $487 billion cut in spending. It seeks to save $1.8 billion from the Tricare medical system in the fiscal 2013 budget, and $12.9 billion by 2017.

Not everybody is happy with the plan, however.

Military personnel would see their annual Tricare premiums increase anywhere from 30 - 78 percent in the first year, followed by sharply increased premiums "ranging from 94 percent to 345 percent—more than 3 times current levels."

Obama to cut medical benefits for active, retired military, not union workers - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

It's funny how you pretend you didn't. :lol:

If you'd ever done something to merit that level of arrogance, you might be interesting to talk to. And no, "being European" isn't an accomplishment.

When was the last time you stormed a beach or ran into a hail of bullets, TSgt?
Look, I know you've been programmed to automatically be deferential to Europeans.

But respect is earned. It isn't granted automatically because you're a liberal or you're European.

Let me know if you have trouble grasping that concept.

In other words, no, you haven't. But we both knew that.

Respect isn't automatically granted because you wore a uniform either. Something you haven't figured out.

Look, I know you've been programmed to automatically be deferential to Europeans.

But respect is earned. It isn't granted automatically because you're a liberal or you're European.

Respect isn't automatically granted because you wore a uniform either. Something you haven't figured out.
So let me get this straight; are you saying someone has to be an actual combat "trigger-puller" before he merits respect as a veteran? Well, I don't recall any "beach storming" in Vietnam, but I do recall advancing into hostile fire, so I suppose I qualify (or so that CIB on my old uniform would seem to indicate). I do, however, disagree with your assessment that other vets (especially career service members) don't deserve the same degree of respect, and I'm willing to bet most of the other actual combat vets here agree with me. You know, most of us did not get to choose when, where, or in what MOS we served; it was fate and the system that put us at the tip of the spear, or in the rear with the gear.Those support guys, and the ones who happened to serve in peacetime, have my respect, and they deserve yours, as well; they HAVE earned it. The only thing "special" I claim, is the knowledge of what infantry combat feels like, because I have had that particular experience. That is all. Some of these men you're disparaging have given this nation more years of service than I ever did.

So let me get this straight; are you saying someone has to be an actual combat "trigger-puller" before he merits respect as a veteran? Well, I don't recall any "beach storming" in Vietnam, but I do recall advancing into hostile fire, so I suppose I qualify (or so that CIB on my old uniform would seem to indicate). I do, however, disagree with your assessment that other vets (especially career service members) don't deserve the same degree of respect, and I'm willing to bet most of the other actual combat vets here agree with me. You know, most of us did not get to choose when, where, or in what MOS we served; it was fate and the system that put us at the tip of the spear, or in the rear with the gear.Those support guys, and the ones who happened to serve in peacetime, have my respect, and they deserve yours, as well; they HAVE earned it. The only thing "special" I claim, is the knowledge of what infantry combat feels like, because I have had that particular experience. That is all. Some of these men you're disparaging have given this nation more years of service than I ever did.

I'm saying that putting on a uniform doesn't grant you instant respect and I'm saying a very recently retired TSgt shouldn't be thumping his chest about WWII.

In an effort to cut defense spending, the Obama Administration plans to cut health benefits for active duty and retired military personnel and their families while not touching the benefits enjoyed by unionized civilian defense workers.

The move, congressional aides suggested, is to force those individuals into Obamacare, Bill Gertz reported at the Washington Beacon.

Gertz added:

The proposed increases in health care payments by service members, which must be approved by Congress, are part of the Pentagon’s $487 billion cut in spending. It seeks to save $1.8 billion from the Tricare medical system in the fiscal 2013 budget, and $12.9 billion by 2017.

Military personnel would see their annual Tricare premiums increase anywhere from 30 - 78 percent in the first year, followed by sharply increased premiums "ranging from 94 percent to 345 percent—more than 3 times current levels."

Obama to cut medical benefits for active, retired military, not union workers - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Sad indeed.

Gertz added:

Sad indeed.

It seems he decided to use Sen Tom Coburn's plan.

I've never claimed to be a combat veteran. But I've also stated many times that combat troops simply can't do their jobs without support troops.

Did you have a point? If you'd like to compare resumes, let me know.
Wearing the uniform does more good for society than being European.

Let me know if you have trouble understanding that concept.

I'm saying that putting on a uniform doesn't grant you instant respect and I'm saying a very recently retired TSgt shouldn't be thumping his chest about WWII.
Every American should be proud of America's military in WWII.

Why aren't you?

The point, Daveman, is that you aren't special and you had zip, zero, zilch to do with WWII. Almost nobody on the board is even old enough to have any real recall of the war. Your chest thumping is like me thumping my chest at black people and telling them they should be thankful that the northern states defeated the Confederate states. It's dumb and pointless and just makes you look like an ass.

There is no reason not to be proud of what America did to help Europe in WWII. Be as proud as your heart desires but when you play the "you should be thankful" card and use it as a weapon to demean euros it makes you look like an arrogant, ethnocentric asshat. It's that kind of entitled attitude from jackassess who had fuck all to do with it that hurts our image. Nobody is saying you have to kiss anyone's ass but you sure look like one when you talk like that.

You may now have your last lame word.

The Military is nothing like working a job as a civilian, and I think your just saying that to get people all riled up.

My bet is he knows 2 people who have never left their desks in Personnel or Finance....:eusa_whistle:

So their job was less valuable then yours?

Never said that. Never meant that. But this clown obviously knows nothing about a the military and sometimes I wonder about you. Why are you who, are supposedly a 20 year veteran, backing up this nonsense? Or is it your racism coming through again?

Last edited:
To pay for union health care.

Trashing Tricare | Washington Free Beacon

The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials. Several congressional aides suggested the move is designed to increase the enrollment in Obamacare’s state-run insurance exchanges.

He really does hate the military!
Katzndogs, Obama's staff goes after everyone who isn't a political contributor to Obama's campaign warchest. That's what that ATTACK Watch alert thingie was all about. People who turn his political opponents in leads to personal searches FUNDED BY US whether they are seniors WHO PAID THEIR DUES for cuts in Social Security up to $700 per month, military WHO DEFENDED HIS SORRY ASS WHILE HE WAS LEACHING OFF OTHERS to put him through HAH-VAHD who banned ROTC groups for years and taught Obama who the enemy is, etc.

It's nothing personal. Obama is an agent of chaos. Then he will "save" America and become it's forever leader until he dies like his onetime hero Hugo Chavez.

Forum List

Back