I remember when.....

Anyone remember making plastic models with glue that actually worked? and NOT sniffing same for the "high"?

Anyone remember paper mache' projects in grade school?

CSM said:
Anyone remember making plastic models with glue that actually worked? and NOT sniffing same for the "high"?

Anyone remember paper mache' projects in grade school?
Yep, and .10 cent kites made of paper, and .25 cent wooden airplanes with the rubberband and propeller..They sold a .05 cent glider too..

Mr. P said:
Yep, and .10 cent kites made of paper, and .25 cent wooden airplanes with the rubberband and propeller..They sold a .05 cent glider too..
I loved those things! I remember when you needed a bottle opener and there were no such things as twist off caps or pull tabs on cans.

Said1 said:
Galiga rocked. Remember Pong? :D

I was the Asteroids champ for several years in my town. Also, did you know there was a "cheat" to Galaga that ensured the high score every time?

Fmr jarhead said:
....LiteBrite (little game with the colored pegs, for making cool designs)

Little green army men.

Lawn darts

Walking 2 miles to the town's swimming pool barefoot, and cutting through all the yards between our house and the park to do it.

Spirograph.

Stretch Armstrong.

CSM said:
I loved those things! I remember when you needed a bottle opener and there were no such things as twist off caps or pull tabs on cans.
Yep, we called the openers "church keys", I don't know why. I still have some. One end for bottles and the other for punching
a triangle shape hole in a can.

The pop machine at the old Barbershop sold bottled Coke only, it had an opener on the side because the bottles did not have twist off caps.

Mr. P said:
Yep, we called the openers "church keys", I don't know why. I still have some. One end for bottles and the other for punching
a triangle shape hole in a can.
Yep yep

I bet most households dont even have one around these days.

I can remember when the clothes washer had wringers on top.

CSM said:
Yep yep

I remember when my mom dreamed of owning a dryer...

When she finally got one, she still insisted on hanging the clothes outside to dry... ;)

I remember Texas Airways!

CSM said:
Yep yep

I bet yer right.

Wringers..we had one, I got my fingers in it ONCE! Glass baby bottles back then too...

CSM said:
baby bottles with sterilizers! and cloth diapers!

Those big safety pins with the plastic tops, you had to navigate a maze to get the pin into or out of the thing. Of course I was able to do this at about 2 and remember stabbing myself numerous times, then seeing how close to the electrical outlet I could get before the electricity would cross the air and shock the crap out of me.

no1tovote4 said:
Those big safety pins with the plastic tops, you had to navigate a maze to get the pin into or out of the thing. Of course I was able to do this at about 2 and remember stabbing myself numerous times, then seeing how close to the electrical outlet I could get before the electricity would cross the air and shock the crap out of me.
That explains a lot!

Mr. P said:
Yep..how about homemade parachutes..a handkerchief some string and maybe a rock
or something for weight..
We even tried to use a whole sheet a few times..

yep...little green army men tied to em too. Playing in a sand box that really was a box with sand in it.

The only engine powered lawn mowers were used for the cemetary (they were big uns too) because they were way too expensive for the average household. Those old push mowers were a lot quieter too.

Shattered said:
I had the big guns! A tape recorder/player/radio combined together! I could tape anything!

Those were the best!! I was so happy when my parents bought me one, I was a taping fool, made my first "mixed" tapes, and still I could never get the beginning of songs because the radio announcer always talked thru it dammit! :( :laugh:

Forum List

Back