I really have to wonder about Obama.....

this is the sort of childish attitude that has D.C. in legislative gridlock.
Thank you for a good, bad, example.

It is what democrats want, they lack the courage or conviction to go on record with a budget.

The tree is bearing fruit. Is it what you imagined?

not if repubs are going to amend poison pills in every bill.
and it goes the other way also when repubs controlled Congress.
neither party is innocent.
But retirees and others acting like children on this board is a microcosm of the whole problem.

It is what democrats do. Why are you so one sided about it?

Congress has been at a complete standstill all year as far as making any attempt to conduct the nation's business by actually trying to pass laws.

Both sides recognize the futility, particularly when the president has been so invisible and so obviously lacking in leadership qualities. It has been months and months since he's sat down with party leaders. So why should anyone think sitting down with his Jobs Council would be of any more importance?

Does he really believe, should he for some unknown reason, win reelection that he can just waltz back into Congress, wave his magic dildo, and wondrous things will happen?

Does he honestly believe that more of the same is just what this country, ALL of it, wants and needs?

Particularly when it's more than possible the Senate will go Pub?

Facing that situation, might there not be a few moments in his only activity these days, campaigning endlessly, when he privately hopes he loses?

Regardless of what you believe or what side you are on, it will be very interesting to see how this election turns out. Will voters stand by and remain split, leaving us with a split Congress? RCP has the generic congressional poll in a dead heat, meaning there is an outside chance that the Dems could gain more seats in the Senate and even take back the House while Obama is re-elected. Of course, the complete opposite could just as easily happen. We have massive gridlock in Congress, and both sides blame the other. The side you blame is the one you will end up voting against in the end.

Yeah, Obama is going to have two houses against him in the upcoming 4 years. It's a good thing he passed the stimulus and healthcare when he did. Nothing is going to get done of any substance from 2013-2019.

Which is why it's a good idea to focus on the other things Presidents do in this upcoming Presidential contest. The nomination of Supreme Court justices is going to be the only major things that get done for the upcoming 2-4 year period.

I think we should all be paying attention. It should be obvious to anybody by now that Obama is pretty much out of the loop when it comes to administration of any normal part of the federal government. It has long been suggested that he has never been the nation's leader from the beginning but somebody or several somebodys behind the scenes have been calling the shots. It might be why he is such a gaffe machine and so clueless when he is off his teleprompter. When you know your material, when you know what you are talking about, when you are speaking from conviction rather than expediency, you don't make those kinds of errors.

So if Obama isn't running the country, who is? And because he seems so completely confident of re-election, does he have reason to be? What strings are being pulled behind the scenes? The promised 'most transparent Presidential administration in history' has been the most secretive and most opaque of any in my memory. And its more than a little scary to a lot of us.

I think we should all be paying attention. It should be obvious to anybody by now that Obama is pretty much out of the loop when it comes to administration of any normal part of the federal government. It has long been suggested that he has never been the nation's leader from the beginning but somebody or several somebodys behind the scenes have been calling the shots. It might be why he is such a gaffe machine and so clueless when he is off his teleprompter. When you know your material, when you know what you are talking about, when you are speaking from conviction rather than expediency, you don't make those kinds of errors.

So if Obama isn't running the country, who is? And because he seems so completely confident of re-election, does he have reason to be? What strings are being pulled behind the scenes? The promised 'most transparent Presidential administration in history' has been the most secretive and most opaque of any in my memory. And its more than a little scary to a lot of us.

the same strings that have and will control Romney if elected.

It is what democrats want, they lack the courage or conviction to go on record with a budget.

not if repubs are going to amend poison pills in every bill.
and it goes the other way also when repubs controlled Congress.
neither party is innocent.
But retirees and others acting like children on this board is a microcosm of the whole problem.

It is what democrats do. Why are you so one sided about it?

note to myopic person: look at bolded part.

Ahh the Birther/Conspiracy whacko voice from the peanut gallery chimes in.

He seems confident because he is. Electorally he basically has it sewn up although he could gaffe his way out of the contest.. Romney is playing 100% defense and he has no appeal outside of the country club circuit.

Perhaps next time you all should nominate someone from the top 5% instead of the 0.0001% of the nation's wealthiest.Take your class warfare bitching and shove it.

It's not class warfare, it's mathematics.

The only one I personally blame is the O

I fault both parties in Congress because it takes two to tango. Unfortunately the dance instructor, Obama, has failed to coordinate this dance-a-thon, reducing Congress to a pile of rubble.

I am not blaming the parties for stumbling in the dark.

the same strings that have and will control Romney if elected.

String pullers will relax capital, free up markets based on Romney having the keys to the WH in his pocket alone instead of Obama.

The only thing that matters for this Indy

I don't think there is ANY evidence of any power being behind Romney or manipulating him in any way, he is pretty much an open book, and he knows his material. He has no history of being sneaky or hiding what he does or being coy or evasive re those who have been part of his life, and I don't recall him ever having to throw somebody under the bus because of the extreme negatives that have surfaced.

Last edited:
The only one I personally blame is the O

I fault both parties in Congress because it takes two to tango. Unfortunately the dance instructor, Obama, has failed to coordinate this dance-a-thon, reducing Congress to a pile of rubble.

I am not blaming the parties for stumbling in the dark.

Congress has it's own leaders. Why are they failing? They are paid to do a job. Obama has more to do than babysit 6 figured income Congress persons. It is up to Congress to get it's act together also.
Obama has tried but,,, You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make the horse drink the water.

STUNNINGLY naive, too :)

Do you really, really believe that a candidate on the campaign trail with a mike in his hand trying to get votes, suggesting to them that "Congress should consider" one thing or another is how presidents work with Congress???

Do you really believe that's all it takes? Do you know anything about how your government works?

As I said above, just wave his magic dildo???

Good Lord!

And the HoR has passed no fewer than half a dozen bills that Reid won't even put on the calendar for debate.

Call the waaaaamberlamps.

this is the sort of childish attitude that has D.C. in legislative gridlock.
Thank you for a good, bad, example.

It's now 1,180 days since the US Government had an approved budget. That is near 3 years and a quarter. Now, what is the purpose of government? What is transparency in spending and collecting? Worst. administration. evah.

Do you really, really believe that a candidate on the campaign trail with a mike in his hand trying to get votes, suggesting to them that "Congress should consider" one thing or another is how presidents work with Congress???

Do you really believe that's all it takes? Do you know anything about how your government works?

Good Lord!

Its amazing how simple some of you are.

It crystalizes Obama on the side of the students and parents who have taken out these loans to pay for education and it puts the GOP on the side of the lenders with their predatory lending practices.

Keep up with your "magic dildo" offensive though; it's a fitting tribute to just how far the Republican Party has fallen.

Guys...he's one of yours.

Good Lord!

It crystalizes Obama on the side of the students and parents who have taken out these loans to pay for education and it puts the GOP on the side of the lenders with their predatory lending practices.

Keep up with your "magic dildo" offensive though; it's a fitting tribute to just how far the Republican Party has fallen.

Odd statement from the side that is further down the slope.

You guys are intending to pay the bills at some point one would guess. The repubs are 30 years out for a balanced budget. Democrats refuse to address the topic.

I wonder if you will ever catch on?

Good Lord!

Odd statement from the side that is further down the slope.

You guys are intending to pay the bills at some point one would guess. The repubs are 30 years out for a balanced budget. Democrats refuse to address the topic.

I wonder if you will ever catch on?

And allowing some students to claim bankruptcy on some loans will add very little % to the national debt. The point is that other sorts of debt allow for bankruptcy; not student loans. The President was hoping to get Congress to do the work of the People and consider letting some of that debt be subject to bankruptcy regulations. The Congress seems to be on the side of the lenders thus far.

Facing that situation, might there not be a few moments in his only activity these days, campaigning endlessly, when he privately hopes he loses?

Given how the Republicans have used the filibuster to protect a very small sliver of Americans from going to the dark medieval years of the Clinton tax rates, which was the last time the country was fiscally healthy, and given that the Republicans have the congressional and media power to protect insurance monopolies from any reform, I actually side with you: I think it might be wise for Obama - on some levels - to hope for a loss. He has no power to defeat the monied corporate interests that have teamed with the GOP against him. There is no way the Republicans will let him pass anything. He will be forced to live under the Bush tax regime, and he will never get a stimulus equal to the stimulus that ended the Great Depression (a.k.a military Keynesianism, i.e., the massive government war spending that put Americans back to work). In short, I believe there is nothing Obama can do save electing Supreme Court nominees. And my guess is that for the first time in history, the GOP will be the fist party who won't approve any - any - justices of the opposition party. They will shut down the country before they will give Obama an inch).

As long as we have the lowest tax rates in history (which we do), and as long as there is no hope to reform the inflationary criminality of health insurance monopolies (which there isn't), and as long as the Right can block the kind of government stimulus that ended the Great Depression (which they can), I understand perfectly why Obama would hope for a loss.

I would rather see Romney take over our current over-globalized, offshore economy, which has been destroyed by 30 years of shipping good American jobs to cheaper 3rd world labor markets so that a small group of Americans could realize dynastic returns on their investments.

Of course, we know what Romney will do if he wins. He will pivot like Reagan and Bush to National Security. Take my word for it. If Romney wins - and I believe he will - look for a strong pivot towards "The War on Terrorism". Something will happen somewhere - Iran, Iraq, Pakistan ... or maybe another homeland attack. You can count on it. Republicans NEVER govern without National Security. This is how they mobilize the poor people whose jobs they ship to China - fear. Rather than protect the economy from job loss and health insurance monopolies, they prefer to protect people from Soviets and Terrorists. This is THE standard historical model for how powerful minority holds power. War. Fear. (And this model always has disastrous consequences. When Bush had us worried about a petty tyrant without an army, we lost sight to what his Wall Street backers were doing with the derivatives market. And when Reagan has us worried about a Soviet Union that had already begun to unwind, we lost sight of our growing energy dependence on the middle east. Republican presidents always make National Security the primary issue.)

(Trust me. Watch how the Rightwing moves our attention from our economic woes to a national enemy under President Romny. It will be just like Bush. Romney's re-election in 2016 will be about National Security. The GOP always -as a rule - moves the economy off the front pages. Always)

Last edited:
Oh, my Gawd?............................

It crystalizes Obama on the side of the students and parents

Say WHAT? And how exactly does this prove that he's "working with Congress"??

So you believe that campaigning is Step #1 in getting Congress to "consider" legislation??

Once again.................

DIPSHIT!

Forum List

Back