I petition the United states government to give us our moon base and advance humanity

I believe space is the final frontier. And for us to explore farther than we have, we are going to have to have a farther jump-off base than Earth. Perhaps the moon will have to do until we can get an even farther jumping point.

Is this a " the grass might be greener on the other side of the fence " scenario? How will your average American benefit from an outpost on the moon? Much of the earlier exploration done by man was to find resources and riches. What's the excuse this time ?
Weather satellites at least serve a purpose.

My thought was bigger than "how would it benefit the average American." I was more or less thinking of how it would help the average human being. We (humans, not just Americans) will not have Earth forever, and if we wish to survive, we will have to find other places (different planets) to inhabit. Of course this will be millions of years from now, and there is no certainty that we will even still be alive. We might have killed each other off by then.

Forum List

Back