I paid $1.989 per gallon for Gasoline Today

washington has a high gas tax and cigarette tax, are gas prices are always higher then the national average and we have the first or second highest cigarette tax.

I've noticed that. I grew up in Seattle and my how things have changed. The progressives took over and taxes went through the roof. Imagine that.
yeah but we have public health care, good schools, and two new stadiums.:razz:

I was checking out your public health care option and it looks pretty good:

Washington Basic Health

To stay within the appropriated budget, Basic Health is no longer processing incoming applications to determine eligibility and has officially implemented a waiting list. New applicants will be placed on a list behind those already waiting. When space becomes available in the future, Basic Health will release names from the list in date-received order and notify applicants.

Arkansas has great schools. Even some public schools are good, though not many. I opted for the private school option for my kids since that's what people like Clinton and Obama did. They know better than me.

I've noticed that. I grew up in Seattle and my how things have changed. The progressives took over and taxes went through the roof. Imagine that.

Washington Basic Health

To stay within the appropriated budget, Basic Health is no longer processing incoming applications to determine eligibility and has officially implemented a waiting list. New applicants will be placed on a list behind those already waiting. When space becomes available in the future, Basic Health will release names from the list in date-received order and notify applicants.

Arkansas has great schools. Even some public schools are good, though not many. I opted for the private school option for my kids since that's what people like Clinton and Obama did. They know better than me.
you should check out how many people are on it though!
and most every child is always covered unless the parent can provide medical.

And if gasoline taxes are abolished, how will we maintain highway and bridge infrastructure? Where do you think these taxes go?

Is your motive cheaper gasoline or are you just cheap?

Gasoline tax-collecting bodies make more profit from your purchase than do the people who explore for/drill/produce/refine/transport/market the stuff.

I'm for privatizing the highways. When people have to pay to drive down a road, they'll demand the best quality for the lowest price.

Toll roads? And what will drivers' demands produce? Like they would have any leverage.
Toll roads don't represent a balanced system. They are a captive "audience".

So the people who drive on the roads don't have any leverage? That would change real fast if the people actually saw what they were paying for. As it stands now, the taxes have become invisible. People just pay for gas without thinking about what they're paying for.

Washington Basic Health

you should check out how many people are on it though!
and most every child is always covered unless the parent can provide medical.

Arkansas has a similar system for the children. Since it's a right-to-work State, medical is optional. If you want it, you pay for it. If you don't want it, you don't pay for it.

I bet those stadiums will come in real handy during the next hurricane. :lol:

neither one has a permnant roof! :lol:
well, that will really help them contain the next volcanic eruption ;)
:eusa_shhh: you guys need to stop saying that. And if Rainer goes a stadium with a roof wouldn't help them depending on the wind.:lol:
I was watching this special about a town over there that is right in the lava path of rainer and these people were bitching about it. All I have to say is " don't fucking buy a house at the base of a volcana that is due for an eruption".
If Rainer does go there will be no more seattle.

I'm for privatizing the highways. When people have to pay to drive down a road, they'll demand the best quality for the lowest price.

Toll roads? And what will drivers' demands produce? Like they would have any leverage.
Toll roads don't represent a balanced system. They are a captive "audience".

So the people who drive on the roads don't have any leverage? That would change real fast if the people actually saw what they were paying for. As it stands now, the taxes have become invisible. People just pay for gas without thinking about what they're paying for.

I'm asking you what leverage they have.

Gasoline taxes have been collected for decades. Where those tax dollars go is totally different from where profits from gasoline sales go. And you make a good point- people don't see where their gasoline expenditure go.

When you buy a single gallon of gasoline, you are contributing to the billions of dollars that it takes to explore for/drill/produce/transport/refine/transport/market the end produtct.

Is it worth it? Do consumers see exactly what it takes to get that gasoline into your car?

No they don't. Nor do they care.

neither one has a permnant roof! :lol:
:eusa_shhh: you guys need to stop saying that. And if Rainer goes a stadium with a roof wouldn't help them depending on the wind.:lol:
I was watching this special about a town over there that is right in the lava path of rainer and these people were bitching about it. All I have to say is " don't fucking buy a house at the base of a volcana that is due for an eruption".
well, if it isnt that it will be a tsunami
at least thats what all the doomsday shows always say
LOL

Wrong.

Depending on the state in which you live, you actually paid anywhere from $1.40 to $1.60/gallon for that gasoline. Taxes (Federal, State, Local, Sales, Environmental) account for a fair chunk of that price.

I often ask peeps, why should something that is so crucial to our daily lives be as cheap as dirt?

Where is the incentive to produce more of it? Where is the incentive to conserve?

Do you want dirt-cheap gasoline today or do you want gasoline at any price tomorrow?

I'll contact the government tomorrow and ask them if I can buy gas without paying taxes.

And if gasoline taxes are abolished, how will we maintain highway and bridge infrastructure? Where do you think these taxes go?
Is your motive cheaper gasoline or are you just cheap?

Gasoline tax-collecting bodies make more profit from your purchase than do the people who explore for/drill/produce/refine/transport/market the stuff.

Good question. Give the state of the nations crumbling highways and bridges I'll have to guess NOT to highway and bridge infrastructure.

well, if it isnt that it will be a tsunami
at least thats what all the doomsday shows always say
LOL
I don't think they have had a tsunami in seattle for a long time if ever, I am sure they have but not during my lifetime. but who knows?
I am more worried about a forest fire right now, we had a bad winter which caused quite a bit of over growth and we haven't had rain for awhile. The last time it was hot until october we had a terrible fire season.

How many of you envison this picture when you put gasoline into your vehicle?

rig-1.jpg

hell, i'd like to see some of those here in the Gulf of Maine

Why?
J O B S

and the revenue it would bring to the state
Thank you.

And what would you say to Obama's plan to syphon $65 billion from the domestic petroleum industry?

they also make great dive sites

Yes they do. Decomissioning of offshore platforms is done in accordance with the strictest standars. Have you dived submerged platforms in the OCS?

J O B S

Thank you.

And what would you say to Obama's plan to syphon $65 billion from the domestic petroleum industry?

Yes they do. Decomissioning of offshore platforms is done in accordance with the strictest standars. Have you dived submerged platforms in the OCS?
i would be against it, without knowing more about it

and no, i havent, mostly because i dont know where "OCS" is

J O B S

Thank you.

i would be against it, without knowing more about it

and no, i havent, mostly because i dont know where "OCS" is

OCS = Outer Continental Shelf.

Atlantic east coast / Pacific west coast.

It was a bait of sorts- sorry about that. The fact is there are none. It's because, despite that the OCS is potentially the most prolific source of U.S. hydrocarbon deposits, it has remained off-limits to oil and gas exploration.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back