I paid $1.989 per gallon for Gasoline Today

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
$GasReceipt.jpg

Sweet! As the economy declines and we're past summer driving season gas should continue to fall

It's those damn speculators manipulating the price again.

:lol:

Pelosi: ‘Today, We Are Putting Oil Speculators on Notice’

“I have sent a letter to President Bush calling on him to direct the Commodity Futures Trading Commission to use its emergency powers to take immediate action to curb speculation in energy markets. They should act to investigate all energy contracts. This is authority Congress has already given to the CFTC, but which they have not used.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi | News Room | Press Releases

Funny how she's not talking about that anymore. :cuckoo:

Wrong.

Depending on the state in which you live, you actually paid anywhere from $1.40 to $1.60/gallon for that gasoline. Taxes (Federal, State, Local, Sales, Environmental) account for a fair chunk of that price.

I often ask peeps, why should something that is so crucial to our daily lives be as cheap as dirt?

Where is the incentive to produce more of it? Where is the incentive to conserve?

Do you want dirt-cheap gasoline today or do you want gasoline at any price tomorrow?

Last edited:
washington has a high gas tax and cigarette tax, are gas prices are always higher then the national average and we have the first or second highest cigarette tax.

Wrong.

Depending on the state in which you live, you actually paid anywhere from $1.40 to $1.60/gallon for that gasoline. Taxes (Federal, State, Local, Sales, Environmental) account for a fair chunk of that price.

I often ask peeps, why should something that is so crucial to our daily lives be as cheap as dirt?

Where is the incentive to produce more of it? Where is the incentive to conserve?

Do you want dirt-cheap gasoline today or do you want gasoline at any price tomorrow?

I'll contact the government tomorrow and ask them if I can buy gas without paying taxes.

Wrong.

I'll contact the government tomorrow and ask them if I can buy gas without paying taxes.

And if gasoline taxes are abolished, how will we maintain highway and bridge infrastructure? Where do you think these taxes go?

Is your motive cheaper gasoline or are you just cheap?

Gasoline tax-collecting bodies make more profit from your purchase than do the people who explore for/drill/produce/refine/transport/market the stuff.

It's those damn speculators manipulating the price again.

:lol:

Pelosi: ‘Today, We Are Putting Oil Speculators on Notice’

“I have sent a letter to President Bush calling on him to direct the Commodity Futures Trading Commission to use its emergency powers to take immediate action to curb speculation in energy markets. They should act to investigate all energy contracts. This is authority Congress has already given to the CFTC, but which they have not used.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi | News Room | Press Releases

Funny how she's not talking about that anymore. :cuckoo:

She'd rather talk about cap-and-trade, a government created artificial energy derivatives market.

Wrong.

And if gasoline taxes are abolished, how will we maintain highway and bridge infrastructure? Where do you think these taxes go?

Gasoline tax-collecting bodies make more profit from your purchase than do the people who explore for/drill/produce/refine/transport/market the stuff.

I'm for privatizing the highways. When people have to pay to drive down a road, they'll demand the best quality for the lowest price.

washington has a high gas tax and cigarette tax, are gas prices are always higher then the national average and we have the first or second highest cigarette tax.

I've noticed that. I grew up in Seattle and my how things have changed. The progressives took over and taxes went through the roof. Imagine that.

I've noticed that. I grew up in Seattle and my how things have changed. The progressives took over and taxes went through the roof. Imagine that.
yeah but we have public health care, good schools, and two new stadiums.:razz:

Is that code for "California Liberals that moved north"?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Make that "chased north". :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

yeah but we have public health care, good schools, and two new stadiums.:razz:

I bet those stadiums will come in real handy during the next hurricane. :lol:

I'm for privatizing the highways. When people have to pay to drive down a road, they'll demand the best quality for the lowest price.

Toll roads? And what will drivers' demands produce? Like they would have any leverage.
Toll roads don't represent a balanced system. They are a captive "audience".

californians don't have a good name around here.:lol:
and anytime you see someone who doesn't know how to drive in the snow we always say, " oh! there goes another california driver!":razz:

Forum List

Back