I often dream I can fly without an aircraft. Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
On occasion, I will dream about flying, but it usually is part of some kind of military exercise (I spent over 20 years in the U.S. Navy).

When I don't dream about anyone telling me where or how I can go? I generally jump, and the leaps can be up to a mile in length, with me looking at where I want to land as I'm coming down.

The leaping dreams are more often than those where I fly though, and I kinda like the leaping dreams better, because not only can I jump off of the ground, but I can also bounce off of walls and other surfaces, even if they're not level.

I used to have those kind of dreams before I began the flying dreams!

Those were very cool, too!

For exactly the reason you state!

Usually it's more like swimming or floating. But one time it was a high speed, high altitude flight, from Russia, with an orphaned infant.

We got hypothermia but recovered.

An extreme aversion to heights deters me from air travel except when absolutely unavoidable (I really dread it) and precludes any notion I might have about fantasy flight adventures (which I have no doubt are a pleasurable pastime). But I recently became hooked on flying remote-controlled miniature (toy) helicopters, which is a fun pastime at any age and probably would serve as an interesting accompaniment to dream-flight fantasies.

419B%2BGFrh1L.jpg

Last edited:
Twice I have had scarey falling dreams while flying. One was...I was so far up, I could see the earth. And I could feel myself falling but I thought...in space, you can't fall. At first I was so scared because I WAS falling...until I realized that God would catch me before I landed. And He did.

Second time, I was running and jumping off a very VERY tall cliff...and the sea below. But...I didn't drift that time. I was plunging down. Again, I knew God would catch me before I hit...and I floated down as if I had balloons attached to my arms. Smooth landing too. :)

Spoke too soon!

Ahhhh!

Terrific!

Any purpose behind when you take flight? Anything you want to see? Anywhere in particular you want to go?

Nope...no purpose. I just wanna fly and as long as the Santa Ana's are kicking up and the windchimes are whipping furiously...I know it's ride time when I go to bed. No place I wanna really go...I just let the wind take me wherever it wants. Sometimes I wind up in trees and hang on....just to sway with the branches. Sometimes, I just hold out my arms and let the next gust take me wherever it goes. :)

Twice I have had scarey falling dreams while flying. One was...I was so far up, I could see the earth. And I could feel myself falling but I thought...in space, you can't fall. At first I was so scared because I WAS falling...until I realized that God would catch me before I landed. And He did.

Second time, I was running and jumping off a very VERY tall cliff...and the sea below. But...I didn't drift that time. I was plunging down. Again, I knew God would catch me before I hit...and I floated down as if I had balloons attached to my arms. Smooth landing too. :)

Spoke too soon!

Ahhhh!

Terrific!

Any purpose behind when you take flight? Anything you want to see? Anywhere in particular you want to go?

Nope...no purpose. I just wanna fly and as long as the Santa Ana's are kicking up and the windchimes are whipping furiously...I know it's ride time when I go to bed. No place I wanna really go...I just let the wind take me wherever it wants. Sometimes I wind up in trees and hang on....just to sway with the branches. Sometimes, I just hold out my arms and let the next gust take me wherever it goes. :)

God, you make it sound like marvellous fun.

Even more wonderful than my own ecstatic flights!

:D

Usually it's more like swimming or floating. But one time it was a high speed, high altitude flight, from Russia, with an orphaned infant.

We got hypothermia but recovered.

Would you say your consciousness colored or fueled that dream?

I only dream that I can fly because I use to do it when I Sky Dived for a few years. It was more like steering as I dove towards the ground or gliding the parachute, than actually flying ascending like a bird.

I only dream that I can fly because I use to do it when I Sky Dived for a few years. It was more like steering as I dove towards the ground or gliding the parachute, than actually flying ascending like a bird.

I know that wing suited flying doesn't permit true bird-like flight.

But I wonder if it permits swooping and then using the momentum of the dive to experience some upward flight.

Like a roller coaster's first hill provides the energy/force needed to permit the cars to surmount smaller hills until the energy is finally expended at the ride's end.

Forum List

Back