I never thought I'd see the day...

These Americans were not in a war zone nor was there any imminent threat from them. So, the POTUS gets no excuse for summary executions. That is not his jurisdiction, rather it is that of the courts.

Your wrong there, they were actively recruiting, training, aiding terrorist and were fugitives from justice. The one supposed Imam was in direct communication with the Major at FT Hood before he started shooting. He committed many overt acts of treason witness by many more than two people as required by the Constitution, by putting out his internet videos giving aid and comfort to our enemies and by fleeing our jurisdiction he made himself a clear and present danger in both foreign theaters and the homeland.
He likely was a POS but like other American PsOS, he still gets judicial review. And, the other two US citizens were denied that right as well. One of them a 16 yo.

Anyway, I will do my best not to piss off Obama so that I don't get on his list.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on that one, 26 years in the military tells me it was the right thing to do and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone more constitutionally conscious than me. In an unconventional war, the rules of war don't apply.

...where there were actually Americans who are against the Constitution. And, not just one, but many, many Americans who are against the Constitution.

Never did I think I would see that. Stunning.

That day arrived some 30 to 40 years ago, with the advent of the social right and Christian fundamentalism. During that time we’ve seen Americans going against the Constitution by trying to destroy privacy rights, trying to destroy the First Amendment by seeking to conjoin church and State, and opposing the Constitution with regard to due process rights concerning immigration.

And sadly today we have Americans against the Constitution by trying to deny same-sex couples their equal protection right to marry.
The fact that you believe this only confirms that Obama has indeed deeply divided the country.

Since the OP did not deign to tell us just what she is talking about specifically, one has to assume it is the 2nd Amendment...which last time I checked said something about being "well regulated".

Not to mention some of our founding fathers were into the idea of tearing up the constitution every nineteen years and writing a new one. I personally think it's kind of stupid to try to govern the 21st century world with an 18th century document but I do appreciate and respect it's place in our history.

And just how should we govern ourselves? By political fiat reigned down upon us by dictatorial decree?

Dead incorrect. The non combatant was urging war on America, tried to hide, and so got fried. No law violated at all. Even Bush's fascist judges would write a memo for the justification of this type of killing. And I sure don't hear either McCain or Kerry complaining.

Americans actively waging war on the US from foreign soil, I got no problem with that. He made himself an enemy combatant and got what he deserved.
These Americans were not in a war zone nor was there any imminent threat from them. So, the POTUS gets no excuse for summary executions. That is not his jurisdiction, rather it is that of the courts.
Wrong, Jake.

The targeted killing program operates with virtually no oversight outside the executive branch, and essential details about the program remain secret, including what criteria are used to put people on CIA and military kill lists or how much evidence is required.

Outside of armed conflict zones, the use of lethal force is strictly limited by international law and, when it comes to U.S. citizens, the Constitution. Specifically, lethal force can be used only as a last resort against an imminent threat to life. Even in the context of an armed conflict against an armed group, the government may use lethal force only against individuals who are directly participating in hostilities against the U. S. Regardless of the context, whenever the government uses lethal force, it must take all possible steps to avoid harming civilian bystanders. These are not the standards that the executive branch is using.

The U.S. continues to carry out illegal targeted killings in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and elsewhere. The government must be held to account when it carries out such killings in violation of the Constitution and international law.​

Targeted Killings - Recent Court Cases, Issues and Articles | American Civil Liberties Union

Obama, et al have a lot to answer to in court.

Obama has kill lists of US citizens without any judicial review. Likely because he is so insecured he needs this ultimate power grab of killing US citizens. I bet he gets a hard on every time he adds another US citizen to his kill list.

And, I bet he prematurely ejaculates every time he ignores FOIA subpoenas. I can understand why he does, though, being the murderer and civil rights violator that he is.

The only way he is going to get out of this is to flee the jurisdiction. I'm OK with that.

Last edited:
The extra-judicial killing issue will likely remain unresolved:

US District Judge John Bates dismissed a lawsuit filed by the father of Anwar al-Awlaki, a dual US-Yemen citizen, who is reportedly on a US “kill list” of terrorism suspects. His ruling clears the way for the Obama administration to conduct the targeted killing – without judicial oversight.

The suit asked the judge to issue an injunction prohibiting the Central Intelligence Agency and Defense Department from intentionally killing Mr. Awlaki unless the government could first demonstrate that he posed an imminent threat to life or safety, and that no nonlethal means were available to meet the threat.

Judge Bates said the suit must be dismissed under the political question doctrine, which requires judges to step aside in issues that are best resolved by the elected, political branches of government.

He also ruled that Awlaki’s father, Nasser, lacked the necessary legal standing to litigate the case on his son’s behalf in a US court.

“The court recognizes the somewhat unsettling nature of its conclusion – that there are circumstances in which the Executive’s unilateral decision to kill a US citizen overseas is constitutionally committed to the political branches and judicially unreviewable,” Bates wrote in his 83-page decision. “But this case squarely presents such a circumstance.”

He added that the political question doctrine “does not contain any ‘carve-out’ cases involving the constitutional rights of US citizens.”

Judge dismisses bid to remove Anwar al-Awlaki from US 'kill list' - CSMonitor.com

III. The Political Question Doctrine

Defendants argue that even if plaintiff has standing to bring his constitutional claims or
states a cognizable claim under the ATS, his claims should still be dismissed because they raise non-justiciable political questions. Like standing, the political question doctrine is an aspect of "the concept of justiciability, which expresses the jurisdictional limitations imposed on the federal courts by the 'case or controversy' requirement of Article III of the Constitution." Schlesinger, 418 U.S. at 215. The political question doctrine "is 'essentially a function of the separation of powers,'" El-Shifa, 607 F.3d at 840 (quoting Baker v. Carr, 369 U.S. 186, 217 (1962)), and "'excludes from judicial review those controversies which revolve around policy choices and value determinations constitutionally committed for resolution to the halls of Congress or the confines of the Executive Branch.'" Id. (quoting Japan Whaling Ass'n v. Am.Cetacean Soc'y, 478 U.S. 221, 230 (1986)).

http://www.investigativeproject.org/documents/case_docs/1436.pdf

The Federal courts will always refuse to venture into the political realm, where if the people believe a member of Congress or the Chief Executive has acted in a manner offensive to the Constitution, that issue should be resolved by the voters, not by the judiciary. See also: Dellums v. Bush, 752 F. Supp. 1141 (1990).

Since the OP did not deign to tell us just what she is talking about specifically, one has to assume it is the 2nd Amendment...which last time I checked said something about being "well regulated".

The constitution says something about bowel movements ???

In the spirit of this holiday season, I have given you a rep for using the word "deign" on Christmas eve. For some strange reason it has always been one of my favorite words and I try to use it in a sentence at least once each day and twice on Christmas eve. To my knowledge, this is the first time the word has ever appeared on this forum which is truly a cause of celebration.

And no, I am not being facetious. In truth, the words we use tell others much about ourselves.

Merry Christmas and stay regular.

Did you also neg him for lacking the ability to properly read a sentence.

No, and you above anyone else should know why. In your own words, sir - which I also strongly believe:

"To me, negging someones rep is childish and I will never do it, except in response to someone negging me. Remember the Golden Rule, do unto others."

I have followed your own rule without exemption.

Have a joyful Christmas.

Last edited:
The extra-judicial killing issue will likely remain unresolved:

US District Judge John Bates dismissed a lawsuit filed by the father of Anwar al-Awlaki, a dual US-Yemen citizen, who is reportedly on a US “kill list” of terrorism suspects. His ruling clears the way for the Obama administration to conduct the targeted killing – without judicial oversight.

The suit asked the judge to issue an injunction prohibiting the Central Intelligence Agency and Defense Department from intentionally killing Mr. Awlaki unless the government could first demonstrate that he posed an imminent threat to life or safety, and that no nonlethal means were available to meet the threat.

Judge Bates said the suit must be dismissed under the political question doctrine, which requires judges to step aside in issues that are best resolved by the elected, political branches of government.

He also ruled that Awlaki’s father, Nasser, lacked the necessary legal standing to litigate the case on his son’s behalf in a US court.

“The court recognizes the somewhat unsettling nature of its conclusion – that there are circumstances in which the Executive’s unilateral decision to kill a US citizen overseas is constitutionally committed to the political branches and judicially unreviewable,” Bates wrote in his 83-page decision. “But this case squarely presents such a circumstance.”

He added that the political question doctrine “does not contain any ‘carve-out’ cases involving the constitutional rights of US citizens.”

Judge dismisses bid to remove Anwar al-Awlaki from US 'kill list' - CSMonitor.com

III. The Political Question Doctrine

Defendants argue that even if plaintiff has standing to bring his constitutional claims or
states a cognizable claim under the ATS, his claims should still be dismissed because they raise non-justiciable political questions. Like standing, the political question doctrine is an aspect of "the concept of justiciability, which expresses the jurisdictional limitations imposed on the federal courts by the 'case or controversy' requirement of Article III of the Constitution." Schlesinger, 418 U.S. at 215. The political question doctrine "is 'essentially a function of the separation of powers,'" El-Shifa, 607 F.3d at 840 (quoting Baker v. Carr, 369 U.S. 186, 217 (1962)), and "'excludes from judicial review those controversies which revolve around policy choices and value determinations constitutionally committed for resolution to the halls of Congress or the confines of the Executive Branch.'" Id. (quoting Japan Whaling Ass'n v. Am.Cetacean Soc'y, 478 U.S. 221, 230 (1986)).

http://www.investigativeproject.org/documents/case_docs/1436.pdf

The Federal courts will always refuse to venture into the political realm, where if the people believe a member of Congress or the Chief Executive has acted in a manner offensive to the Constitution, that issue should be resolved by the voters, not by the judiciary. See also: Dellums v. Bush, 752 F. Supp. 1141 (1990).
The ACLU currently has six suits in the Federal Courts.

None have been dismissed and likely will not be. Murder is pretty serious business and so is a POTUS who violates the civil rights of US citizens.

...where there were actually Americans who are against the Constitution. And, not just one, but many, many Americans who are against the Constitution.

What are you talking about?

American leftist have been openly against it since the 20's. And the religious right has been against it since the 80's.

Obama has kill lists of US citizens without any judicial review. Likely because he is so insecured he needs this ultimate power grab of killing US citizens. I bet he gets a hard on every time he adds another US citizen to his kill list.

And, I bet he prematurely ejaculates every time he ignores FOIA subpoenas. I can understand why he does, though, being the murderer and civil rights violator that he is.

The only way he is going to get out of this is to flee the jurisdiction. I'm OK with that.

Uh huh, well…

Per the case law cited in post #73, the president already had his ‘day in court,’ the people had the opportunity to remove Mr. Obama from office if they believed he violated the Constitution.

They did not.

What are you talking about?

American leftist have been openly against it since the 20's. And the religious right has been against it since the 80's.
True. But I've recently seen folks flat out saying that two of the amendments in the Bill of Rights are "obsolete". Not just one poster, either.

I've never seen that before. Ever.

Forum List

Back