I need More Help Than Luissa

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
I'm in my office which has a built in bookcase, and a Hamster Cage, and my son's Hamster (creatively named "Hammy").

I plucked Hammy from his cage.

He jumped from my hand and landed on my foot.

Then he crawled into the woodwork of the bookcase.

How do I retrieve the Fucking Hamster? (ALIVE)

****amputation is NOT an option****

Really, just leave his cage door open, make sure the only food & water source is in the cage. You'll find him in there eventually and just close the door.

Mousetrap.

Alive. I need Hammy to be living AFTER he is caught.

I thought about that sticky paper stuff, but am afraid that I'd amputate his feet when I pulled him off......then I thought, it might be kinda cool to have a foot-less hamster....sorta like a Tribble.

Really, just leave his cage door open, make sure the only food & water source is in the cage. You'll find him in there eventually and just close the door.

Yeah, been trying that for three days:confused:

You think this might take like, a year or more?

Yep. That's exactly right.

Put food and water in the open cage and close off the room. Make sure nobody enters or exits overnight, and you'll likely find Hammy running on his wheel in the morning.

That's what happened with our Robovorski Dwarf Hamster when he got out the first week he came to live with us. We (not so creatively) named him Mick. We're Irish. ;)

Best wishes to you and Hammy...

He's probably holed up in one of your books for the winter.

Are you like....some kind of Rodent Expert?

diktator.gif

I'm in my office which has a built in bookcase, and a Hamster Cage, and my son's Hamster (creatively named "Hammy").

I plucked Hammy from his cage.

He jumped from my hand and landed on my foot.

Then he crawled into the woodwork of the bookcase.

How do I retrieve the Fucking Hamster? (ALIVE)

****amputation is NOT an option****

To catch your hamster you need an empty, tall kitchen trash can, a board that is a little longer than the can is tall, a piece of flexible cardboard, a piece of tape and some good bait food. Carrot works well. Set the trash can close to where you last saw the hamster. Use the board to make a ramp to the top of the can. Tape the cardboard to the rim of the can so that it's stable close to the edge but will bend downward under the weight of a hamster. Put a few very TINY pieces of bait on the ramp leading up to the edge and out onto the cardboard. Take all other food away. You should be able to retreive your hamster as soon as he gets hungry. Good luck.

Last edited:
Provided of course that the hamster remains among the living.

But I learned my lesson about telling people with missing pets the horrors that have likely occurred.

You had better hope that hamster does not make it's way to your microwave, because if it does you are going to have a Grizzly Bear on your hands.

Forum List

Back