CDZ I need info on CA weather and Housing Stock

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
There is a big El Nino building and I am hearing three contradictory outcomes

Warmer water causing lower atmospheric pressure off shore causing colder heavier winds to head towards the ocean. This leads to:

1) Shore erosion

2) rain and mudslides

3) fires

Are these effects simultaneous, sequential or different for different parts of the state?

There is a big El Nino building and I am hearing three contradictory outcomes

Warmer water causing lower atmospheric pressure off shore causing colder heavier winds to head towards the ocean. This leads to:

1) Shore erosion

2) rain and mudslides

3) fires

Are these effects simultaneous, sequential or different for different parts of the state?

Interesting topic.

I wonder if California or Florida sucks in more welfare due to predictable weather events. CA has to count earthquakes and water problems also.

Drought and fires are recurring problems, but a combination of heavy winter snow pack and torrential spring rains could result in a flood of historic proportions. No new dams have been constructed in over 50 years, and band-aid patches on existing dams and levies are woefully inadequate.

This would have a potentially disastrous effect on the housing stock, but the more immediate effect is the new federal tax law limitations on itemized deductions. This not only limits the deductibility of property (and other) taxes to $10,000, it also limits the value of mortgage interest deductions by effectively allowing only total itemized deductions that exceed $26,000. This makes renting, rather than buying, a more attractive option. New apartment construction is booming, but new and existing home sales are taking a hit. Rising interest rates may be the coup de gras for California's real estate boom.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back