I miss Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagen

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I never really had a strong opinion about either one but I miss the days when presidents could get over 60% approval ratings. It usually meant most people were happy with them and their wasn't a lot of anger and in fighting that made it difficult to get things done. I really did think that the republican congress was on a which hunt when they went after Bill for lying on the witness stand to cover up for an affair. I also thought BIll was scum for cheating on his wife but that did not necessarily mean high crimes and misdemenors standard for impeachment.

A lot of millenials may not remember this but Bill actually started out as a hard leftist when he got into office and his approval ratings soured to something like 30% and no one thought he would get a second term. Bill then decided to make a move to the right in 94 and his popularity and the economy started to pick up quite a lot. He was pretty conservative by today's democratic standards and even his wife pushed for a ban on gay marriage. When Bill made a move to the right he was able to get a higher approval rating than Reagen's at the end of his two terms and I can't think of a democratic president (or any president) in a long time that has had over 60% approval rating.

The far left was kind of shit canned and were delegated to the Michael Moores of the world. They complained about a lot but no one ever thought that they can get anywhere but then they made a huge push in about 2003 and got the communist they always wanted into office. I hated Obama since day one and still do because I know who he is representing and it isn't something I want for America.

The observation I have made with most voters is that they like conservative economic policies and ideas on government but they don't like republicans themselves. I blame social conservatives who really can't stand the idea that someone is gay. Most people I know don't hate gays and don't subscribe to the idea that gays are immoral perverts ready to molest men and young boys. That is just really fucking mean to say about someone. The point I am making is that the public really likes conservative democrats that go to the right because they seem to have all the right ideas about economics but without the mean pricks who can't stand gays.

I never really had a strong opinion about either one but I miss the days when presidents could get over 60% approval ratings. It usually meant most people were happy with them and their wasn't a lot of anger and in fighting that made it difficult to get things done. I really did think that the republican congress was on a which hunt when they went after Bill for lying on the witness stand to cover up for an affair. I also thought BIll was scum for cheating on his wife but that did not necessarily mean high crimes and misdemenors standard for impeachment.

A lot of millenials may not remember this but Bill actually started out as a hard leftist when he got into office and his approval ratings soured to something like 30% and no one thought he would get a second term. Bill then decided to make a move to the right in 94 and his popularity and the economy started to pick up quite a lot. He was pretty conservative by today's democratic standards and even his wife pushed for a ban on gay marriage. When Bill made a move to the right he was able to get a higher approval rating than Reagen's at the end of his two terms and I can't think of a democratic president (or any president) in a long time that has had over 60% approval rating.

The far left was kind of shit canned and were delegated to the Michael Moores of the world. They complained about a lot but no one ever thought that they can get anywhere but then they made a huge push in about 2003 and got the communist they always wanted into office. I hated Obama since day one and still do because I know who he is representing and it isn't something I want for America.

The observation I have made with most voters is that they like conservative economic policies and ideas on government but they don't like republicans themselves. I blame social conservatives who really can't stand the idea that someone is gay. Most people I know don't hate gays and don't subscribe to the idea that gays are immoral perverts ready to molest men and young boys. That is just really fucking mean to say about someone. The point I am making is that the public really likes conservative democrats that go to the right because they seem to have all the right ideas about economics but without the mean pricks who can't stand gays.

Bill had a strong economy, welfare reform, no stupid wars, lowered crime, balanced the budget... It feels like now we would be lucky to get one of those in 8 years. Nothing is happening. He worked with Republicans and got things done and they worked!

Last edited:
You miss Bill Clinton OP?

After all you know about him now

You still miss him??????????????:rolleyes:

Trumps approval rating is higher than Clinton's was at this point in his presidency.

Bill had a strong economy, welfare reform, no stupid wars, lowered crime, balanced the budget... It feels like now we would be lucky to get one of those in 8 years. Nothing is happening. He worked with Republicans and got things done and they worked!
Trump has a really low approval rating—but it surpasses where Bill Clinton stood at this point in his first term

Trump has a really low approval rating—but it surpasses where Bill Clinton stood at this point in his first term
It IS actually pretty funny. :laugh:

I liked Bill Clinton then even if Democrat
Democrats of 1990's were way
Different than now

Some truths have to be accepted and budget was near balanced when he was around. Mostly felt like Monica mess was a sordid thing but not iof the level it went to. Now he's real old and beat looking and Hill still a wound up wannabe

Last edited:
  • Banned
You miss Bill Clinton OP?

After all you know about him now

You still miss him??????????????:rolleyes:

I miss the days when democrats weren't mother fucking crazy and weren't accolytes of the communist dream. Now they go around and tell everyone what to think because most of what people think is racist. Have you ever listened to a SJW? They list out every little racist thing you think and done and everyone is a racist except them. I hate those mother fuckers so much because they have pretty much destroyed quite a lot of what made america great and have scared the shit out of anyone who want to say what is on their mind. College campuses feel like NAZI germany sometimes.

• Banned

The point I was making is that his popularity sored when he went to the right and it appears that the public finds these kind of democrats really popular. Neither Obama or BUsh has never came as close to Clinton or Reagen in terms of popularity.

Forum List

Back