I may not know everything

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
...but I am pretty sure I can form an opinion about it.

I try not to take myself seriously, but occasionally I do take my opinions seriously. I have found that the more seriously I take them, the greater the likelihood that they are wrong. I believe this holds true for most human beings, and a large portion of extraterrestrials as well.

What that means is that I rarely get upset just because someone thinks I am wrong. As I will probably act like a total jerk more than once when defending my opinions I would hope that everyone remembers that it indicates the probability that I am completely wrong and off base. If we all remember this it will make life a lot easier in the long run.

I try not to take myself seriously, but occasionally I do take my opinions seriously. I have found that the more seriously I take them, the greater the likelihood that they are wrong. I believe this holds true for most human beings, and a large portion of extraterrestrials as well.

What that means is that I rarely get upset just because someone thinks I am wrong. As I will probably act like a total jerk more than once when defending my opinions I would hope that everyone remembers that it indicates the probability that I am completely wrong and off base. If we all remember this it will make life a lot easier in the long run.

It is a prerequiste that everyone on USMB think that they know everything about everything. Get in line!

Reasonableness will not be tolerated!

Welcome to the board. I would say, keep an open mind, but it sounds like you already do. There are a few extraterrestrials here and they are, for the most part, very hard headed.

Welcome to the board. I would say, keep an open mind, but it sounds like you already do. There are a few extraterrestrials here and they are, for the most part, very hard headed.

Lol! There are some here who cant keep an open mind for fear that their brain cell will fall out!

You've certainly come to the right message board! We are:

G40-gay-friendly500.jpg

I may not know everything.....
Change may to do and you got that part right.

That, you should be damn sure of.

Speculation on your part.

I never get upset when someone thinks I'm wrong. I act like a jerk all the time. If we all remember any one thing, I will be surprised. Whether life is easier or harder for me will have nothing to do with you're being a jerk.

It is a prerequisite that everyone on USMB think that they know everything about everything. Get in line!

Reasonableness will not be tolerated!
He/she (I suspect she but it does not matter.) did not claim to think to know everything...only alluded to the possibility that she may not know everything. I contend that the probability that she does not know everything is one.

:welcome: , Quantum Windbag. May you blow us all away with wisdom and enlightenment.

Last edited:
I see that I am already being put into various boxes as people form (possibly erroneous) opinions about me. Keep up the good work.

I see that I am already being put into various boxes as people form (possibly erroneous) opinions about me. Keep up the good work.

I put everyone in boxes.

The lucky ones don't get dismembered first :lol:

(don't take it personal, everyone gets hazed in their intro thread...the more you play along, the better. We enjoy self-deprecating humor around here)

I actually enjoy being put into a box because it gives me an advantage when I get into an argument. People expect me to turn one way, and I am free to make them look a bit foolish when I turn out to be something else.

All war is based on deception, and those boxes are you deceiving yourself. That saves me a lot of work.

HI, welcome...enough of that, do you think Bush was a good president?

Oh and again, welcome! :doubt:

*Welcome* Quantum Windbag! lol [love that]

Have fun! :)

Forum List

Back