“I may not agree with what you say, but I’ll defend to my dying day your right to say it”

The Trump indictments are an attack on free speech.
The trump indictment had nothing to do with anything trump said. It is based on his actions. The indictment even said trump had every right to say anything he wanted, and even every right to lie. The indictmnt is about trump's actions only

1691371841814.png

It's quaint because the Democrat Party is no longer a liberal party.

(And perhaps it never was.)

Leftist woke progressive authoritarianism has steamrolled the entire apparatus, and now any and all opposition must be shut down.

Hence Trump's prosecution, the online censorship, and the refusal to even acknowledge any and all alternative ideas by means of tarnishing the opposition with cries of "RACISM" and "FASCISM".

Vivek Ramaswamy is right: January 6th happened because the population was sick of being silenced through coercive means.

When one cannot speak, one screams.
There you go again.

Mistaking your allies - the left - for your enemies, who are liberals.

By refusing to stop doing this, you:

- Harm your allies

- Aid your adversaries

- Harm yourself

Why don’t you stop?

When have we recently heard anyone in power or in media and among the elite say those words? Rather a quaint idea in the current environment. It even sounds a bit subversive in an era of visceral hatred for free speech. We now have government, media, and tech colluding to silence free speech. How long before hate speech and thought crimes will result in long prison sentences? Will the American people continue allowing the destruction of their right to free speech?
How come you guys whine so much?

Were you whiners before becoming MAGA or after?

Good catch. Apparently you noticed it before I did.

I wasn't even politically-aware until the early 2000's.

That's my story.

And back then the Republican Party was just as bad as the Democrats, and FOX News was cheering on the Iraq War.

Trump changed everything.

No matter what happens next, that will always be part of his legacy.

There you go again.

Mistaking your allies - the left -

The Left are not my "allies".

I used to be a "liberal" Democrat.

Then that Party locked me down, told me I had to get an experimental vaccine, let riots and pandemonium consume our once great cities, all while Cosplaying about how the Orange President was supposedly some sort of Russian spy as they engaged in a censorship campaign that would make Chairman Mao blush.

There is nothing "Liberal" about any of that.

But there is plenty of LEFTIST. Look to the Chinese Color revolution that amply compares to our modern Democrat Party, and tell me there is anything "Liberal" about any of it.

I salute you for having integrity and good intentions.

But:

On this particular subject, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

And, sadly, it seems to define you entire political ethos.

iu

When have we recently heard anyone in power or in media and among the elite say those words? Rather a quaint idea in the current environment. It even sounds a bit subversive in an era of visceral hatred for free speech. We now have government, media, and tech colluding to silence free speech. How long before hate speech and thought crimes will result in long prison sentences? Will the American people continue allowing the destruction of their right to free speech?
I took an oath to do the same. Even though I've been out of the service for 20 years it still means something to me.

Who are these incel cucks who think they and Mr. Trump are being picked on.

He did what he did, and his argues can argue for him in Court.

If he threatens or intimidates anyone, he can rest in custody with US Marshalls instead of SS agents.

When you take personal responsibility for what you say you'll never find yourself censored.

Newsflash: So now the Left are all into "personal responsibility".

Holy shit!

That's the most braindead post this evening.

Hilarious.

Not even a photo finish.
So do you think a man should be held responsible for his words or not? A responsible kind of person would just say yes and move on.

What Voltaire said often was amazing and so full of wisdom

And what was that?

I'm familiar with his tendencies toward Anglophilia - which as a second generation Brit I am quite comfortable with - but his musings on free speech escape me.

Forum List

Back